Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

This partnership really excites me. Like you all said, I'm really happy that they can focus their budget on one console and make this upcoming title possibly bigger than the recent Sonic games. It's a wise decision making this where Sonic mostly appeals to, which are Nintendo audiences. This will definitely benefit both Nintendo and Sega. I know I'll definitely keep my eyes out for this game.

It does suck for people who aren't fans of Nintendo consoles though. I can feel their pain.

Edited by canderson

This partnership really excites me. Like you all said, I'm really happy that they can focus their budget on one console and make this upcoming title possibly bigger than the recent Sonic games. It's a wise decision making this where Sonic mostly appeals to, which are Nintendo audiences. This will definitely benefit both Nintendo and Sega.

As Scarred Sun put it so well at Retro:

Those of you pouting: this is a good thing.

I'm sorry that you have loyalist feelings to some console, or feel if something isn't powered by MOST BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS EVER that it's somehow an inferior product, but remember that having Nintendo publishing support, both in terms of labor and capital, is something that any struggling video game developer would need. The alternatives that were out there would have been much less desirable.

• Thumbs Up 8

This is totally good for SEGA, I mean, we all like what's good for our favourite company. Guess we just have to resort to let's plays.

*checks email* 

"Hello,

Yesterday, Nintendo made an announcement that they are now partnered with YouTube.  They also announced that they have copyrighted (content ID will ensue for) all Nintendo-related content on YouTube, making it impossible for you, the creator, to earn money on Nintendo uploads.

IGN has a good article on this.  

So, I would recommend against any Nintendo uploads. Please be careful if you do decide to upload Nintendo gameplay because your channel can/may receive a copyright strike if enough claims are compiled.

If you have any questions please let me know."

I got that from my Fullscreen Partner Manager. WOOHOO. I'm SO HAPPY. Damn. 

Well, yeah, I hope Nint doesn't ban every let's play.

Edited by Faseeh

Okay good to see Nintendo and SEGA's relationship wasn't hurt by the Wii U release of Transformed.

It's reasonable it's a Wii U exclusive; SEGA alternates HD consoles and Nintendo.

I figured I'd have to get a Wii U just for this.

Probably won't actually buy it until around September or something though, when prices have dropped.

Also holy crap I just realised November's only 6 months away now. Time flies!

This is totally good for SEGA, I mean, we all like what's good for our favourite company. Guess we just have to resort to let's plays.

*checks email* 

"Hello,

Yesterday, Nintendo made an announcement that they are now partnered with YouTube.  They also announced that they have copyrighted (content ID will ensue for) all Nintendo-related content on YouTube, making it impossible for you, the creator, to earn money on Nintendo uploads.

IGN has a good article on this.  

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/16/nintendo-enforces-copyright-on-youtube-lets-plays?abthid=5194b3ca49fe79bd6e000004

So, I would recommend against any Nintendo uploads. Please be careful if you do decide to upload Nintendo gameplay because your channel can/may receive a copyright strike if enough claims are compiled.

If you have any questions please let me know."

I got that from my Fullscreen Partner Manager. WOOHOO. I'm SO HAPPY. Damn. 

Well, yeah, I hope Nint doesn't ban every let's play.

This has already been discussed and they're not banning Let's Plays. They're preventing people from getting ad revenue from them.

• Thumbs Up 3

According to who?

Capcom, for one http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-expects-a-spike-in-dev-costs-with-new-consoles-253437.phtml

M&S is now confirmed to be one of the games. Nintendo will be publishing or distributing these 3 games in Europe and Australia. SEGA of America is publishing Lost World in the US.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-17-sega-europe-hands-sonic-publishing-duties-to-nintendo

Ah I thought so. Seems like there will only be one more Nintendo exclusive Sonic game then! And it could just be 2016 Olympics, no need to fret, Non-Nintendo fans.

Really hyped, great teaser image.

My only fear is the levels will be super generic classic tropes, when I'm really hoping for something new and fresh from the next Sonic aesthetic-wise.  Likewise I hope it's not yet another adventure for just Sonic & Tails.

Also sort of hoping there might be a little bit of a serious story with a touch of melancholy perhaps?  After the last two games being ever upbeat adventures I'd like just a little emotion, and "Lost World" does sound like the title for a game that could have such content.

Also hope the 3DS version isn't majorly watered down or that both versions have exclusive (worthwhile) content rather than the same content but different level designs.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thank you Carbo, that makes me feel a lot better. 

Aah, right. So now Nintendo is just co-publishing? Alright then.

According to who?

According to the fact that current gen consoles are still relatively expensive to develop for. The next gen consoles won't be any cheaper.

Iwata knows SHIT about climat in Russia.

"In Russia it's cold"

FUCK NO!!! Russia is a HUGE country, having the biggest territory in the world! Why is he so ignorant?

Any typical person that lives outside of Russia would say and think the same thing. Also, the stereotypical Japanese person doesn't know shit about other countries. Just like the stereotypical Russian person can't play Dota for shit.

As for the game, I don't know what to think of it, it might be a good move on SEGA's part sales wise, because this'll probably sell like hot cakes since it's a Nintendo exclusive, but then again, it's the Wii U which is no where near the number of sales the Wii had with the same age. I'm not getting a Wii U for this game that's for sure, I don't even know how the game's gonna turn out, that screenshot says absolutely nothing to me, so I guess I'll be waiting for more info and an official announcement by SEGA themselves.

Guess I'll have to wait 2 more years for a PC port of the next Sonic game.

This makes Bayonetta 2 feel more like, a Nintendo/Sega deal, rather than just Nintendo and P* snapping the IP rights back-handedly.

This was announced while I was out?

...Eh, need to know more before I get hyped.

So... why do people keep bringing up M&S Olympics 2016 as the third exclusive Sonic title? They said the NEXT THREE games. Unless they don't release any games at all after these two games for the next two years until 2015, the third one IS NOT M&S 2016! There's another exclusive title that's going to be announced sometime soon for either 3DS, Wii U, or both.

The fact that SEGA is in financial trouble also must have helped this happen. Making PS4 games is expensive so they go for the Wii-U, since its a level of hardware technology they are familiar with, and it's cheaper.

Aaaah yes, I'm certain that SEGA must have gone for the Wii U because of it's cheaper development costs, and the lack of need to familiarie with strange new tech. There must certainly have not been any shenanigans.

jUX6dVTgGM1Yg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Welp the hype train is chugging along and I want off.

I don't wanna be disappointed because I wouldn't able to play the new Sonic game due to not owning anything its on. :<

But this is pretty much CROW giving his two cents though. I would speculate but I guess everyone else has that down already.

Can't say I'm not pissed that I didn't choose to get a gimmicky console that I had zero interest in and my loyalities lie elsewhere, I love Nintendo as much as I do the Xbox but I just didn't find anything appealing about the Wii-U it just seemed like a huge gimmick to me. and now I miss out because I chose to invest my money in the next generation Xbox instead.

I'm also pissed that PC users miss out on the next 3 sonic games too, hopefully of that 3 it includes that damn M&S franchise.

Why do this? just seems dumb to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

So... why do people keep bringing up M&S Olympics 2016 as the third exclusive Sonic title? They said the NEXT THREE games. Unless they don't release any games at all after these two games for the next two years until 2015, the third one IS NOT M&S 2016! There's another exclusive title that's going to be announced sometime soon for either 3DS, Wii U, or both.

Because that game will probably release in 2015, and there's no reason to believe a new boxed Sonic action game will come out in 2014 or 2015 if SEGA are taking a lot more time with games than they used to.

8 pages of discussion and the announcement was literally just over an hour ago.  Amazing how much discussion can be had over an announcement and a picture.

Although, as a member of the Smash Bros community I don't know why I should be surprised at this sort of thing.

I guess to contribute to the discussion, it will be interesting to see what relevance what we've seen in the picture has overall on the game.  I don't think it's a "world" as such as it's rather small and well there's only half of it there unless this game is either taking a sort of Super Mario Galaxy 2 approach to the worlds/galaxies or is going for the Unleashed shattered world approach again (which may be likely considering the bottom half of the "planet").  Heck it could even be something like Sonic CD with Little Blue being shattered into pieces.

Now with regards to the different coloured sections of the world, so far the discussion has been tropes which makes sense.  Though at the same time, Sonic has never been a series to just have a very conventional set of tropes for its levels.  The only game where the levels are all just a generic set of "Mario" tropes is 06 to be honest.  Heck even if the tropes are generic the series is quite known for having quite interesting ideas with them.  Take Lava Reef, it establishes itself as a lava themed level, but even in act 1 there's a good few things to help set it apart from your standard lava level.  And act 2 holds true to this even more.  

I guess what I'm mainly wondering is if this "planet" is going to be the main focus and setting of the game, or whether or not it will be a component of something grander.  We'll just have to wait and see! 

The structure of that planet looks like Eggman has started making custom-built zones.

Also it reminds me of the Diamonidium shield in Futurama! :D

There's an ice region on the planet.

ICE LEVEL, GUYS!

WHERE'S ALL THE FIREWORKS AND EVERYTHING, GUYS!?

• Thumbs Up 4

There's an ice region on the planet.

ICE LEVEL, GUYS!

WHERE'S ALL THE FIREWORKS AND EVERYTHING, GUYS!?

It isn't Ice Cap Zone. Why should I get hyped?

It isn't Ice Cap Zone. Why should I get hyped?

Why does it have to be Ice Cap Zone to be worthy of hype?

• Thumbs Up 1