Lady Combover - Leaf Shield

Professor Sealife - Bubble Lead

Discord!Waluigi - Time Stopper

Yoda!Furby - Crash Bomber

Robotnik has the Metal Blade.

You have the Air Shooter.

• Thumbs Up 6

You have the Air Shooter.

There go the chances of countless NicoNico videos with a song about how hard it is to defeat a boss that otherwise would have given you that weapon.

Hmmm, the image of the Tornado looks very nice, I might say. It's classic looking as well, though you all probably knew that.

I know this is stupid but after people talked about the possibility of this characters being playable, one thing came to my mind...the Sonic Dimensions rumor.

Maybe the different colored sonic's were a easier way to program the gameplay for this guys...I know it's kind of far fetched, but still...    

I know this is stupid but after people talked about the possibility of this characters being playable, one thing came to my mind...the Sonic Dimensions rumor.

Maybe the different colored sonic's were a easier way to program the gameplay for this guys...I know it's kind of far fetched, but still...    

I think that was just a one time thing for colours so that SEGA didn't have to model Shadow or Espio or anyone else who can play like Sonic. If we got that again, SEGA would just be bullshitting the fans.

Man if they made these new dudes playable over current characters then I can only imagine the rage >.<

I think that was just a one time thing for colours so that SEGA didn't have to model Shadow or Espio or anyone else who can play like Sonic. If we got that again, SEGA would just be bullshitting the fans.

No I was saying in the development phase, while they were still working on the models of the guardians, the could have used sonic's model with different colors to represent each one of them. Or something like that.

Edited by redhellc

Man if they made these new dudes playable over current characters then I can only imagine the rage >.<

Depends how good they are really.

Most non-Sonic fans still consider a lot of the Sonic cast to be terrible characters. If these guys are genuinely well-written, it could help.

...Wasn't Sonic Dimensions basically confirmed to not exist in any form?

Whatever the case, I'd be pretty surprised if these guys ended up playable. These characters may indicate that Sonic Team isn't playing it quite as safe with the series, but I seriously doubt they'd go as far as to include an entirely new set of playables. I'm still betting these are new villains.

Wow, it seems that while I was gone there was a fight on guardians looking like Pixar characters, a sweet closer look to the Tornado, many joke silouettes, and guardian design guesses. XD 

Well I was kinda scared it would be too clashing at first, but Im liking these more and more , minute by minute. Heres my guess on whos the protector of each area:

-Non-Bowser : I get the feeling he wont belong to any areas, he will just pop out after you defeat em all.

-Waluigi/Mushu: Guardian of the fire area, judging by his red/black theme

-The girl: Guardian of the forest area/ green hill area, Im assuming because shes mostly green / purple, 

-Grimace: Guardian of Desert, since he seems to have a majorly yellow-ish design.

-Old Man with a Cane: Here is where I get confused, both him and weird dolphin fin dude / lobster/ sir have blue tints / light blue, so one must be the ice guardian, and the other the water/ocean/island guardian, but I believe this is the Ice guardian. For all we know it might not even be a cane, but a block of ice.

-Wich makes the last one the Water area guardian.

If they aren't just random creatures/monsters then I would imagine they are reptile what with the spikes/horns and tails. Perhaps one or two may even be reminiscent of a dinosaur.

What else could have horns and tails and spikes? I'm kinda hoping they are anthro as quite a few main games have had monsters rather than robots and anthros with the exception of Colours to a degree and Generations.

Wow...this topic. Read all 20 pages from where I last read. :lol:

So yeah, new guardians, not what they expected, liked a few other "guardians", yadda, yadda...

That situation has already been dealt with, so please don't continue it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Predicting second from the left, with that effeminate body, is going to be the target of so much fanservice.

I wonder if they'll be an actual species, or some made up creature?

Upper right one seems to be leaning on a walking stick of some sort, though there are a fair number of them that have pretty sinister shapes.

Predicting second from the left, with that effeminate body, is going to be the target of so much fanservice.

I wonder if they'll be an actual species, or some made up creature?

Definitely leaning towards made up creature since none of them look like actual animal species.

Anyone else notice that all of the guardians have spiked bracelets / shackles on their wrists? Maybe they're prisoners of some kind who are initially hostile towards Sonic, until he sets them free? Thus, magical friendships are born!

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else notice that all of the guardians have spiked bracelets / shackles on their wrists? Maybe they're prisoners of some kind who are initially hostile towards Sonic, until he sets them free? Thus, magical friendships are born!

I was wondering that too, could be really cool to see them become allies.

The third from the left is clearly 2 guardians.One is standing on the other ones shoulders / head.

Either that or he's standing on a Pogo stick of sorts!

Edited by hypermikey

They should make the cane that whatever it is is sitting on look like the cane in Alex Kidd just because.

I imagine the hunched over one is an old whatever they are. He does seem to have whiskers. There does seem to be all the generic tropes covered.

I just hope they don't roll them out one at a time over a painfully long period. And that the teaser on the 29th is decent. We are ages from what is probably a projected Nov launch, so sadly there is a lot of time to fill. Painful.

Gameplay at E3 is likely, I imagine if it's playable on the showfloor we'll have enough to keep satisfied for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed some versions have the edges of the silhouettes colored. The big fat one with his hands in the air is looking like some knockoff of Electabuzz. I know Sega's going partners with Nintendo but really?

Definitely leaning towards made up creature since none of them look like actual animal species.

Resisting urge to make joke about entire Sonic cast...

I think it goes without saying this will be a plot device.

After a while one really runs out of ones that haven't been done before.

I've been reading this Topic from page one. I've been waiting for new replies like I wait my favorite TV show every week. x3

• Thumbs Up 1

Because God knows Sonic never saves the world by himself anymore.

>every time he turned Super and killed God

Irrelevant lol just because he saves the world himself (with or without the chaos emeralds) doesn't mean it gets old. The GAMEPLAY is what gets old. And like I said, personal opinion. I still think it's completely justifiable to want to feel like sonic is a bad ass because HE'S a bad ass, not cause wisps or guardians give him training wheels.

If you ask me, it's weirder to actually have him NOT do it himself. Coincidentally, the ONE time he just can't do it with his own power or with the chaos emeralds, they're just "happens" to be something helping him, just enough to save the world XD seems more out of place than just Sonic trying hard to save the world, and in the end doing it on his own. 

And by on his own, I mean going through levels. I don't care if the guardians help him unlock doors or things he physically cant do, being alien to this new "lost world," but I've always hated the idea of needing someone else just to finish a level (sonic heroes..)

As Sonic, I shouldn't HAVE to use a wisp to complete a level. It just seems silly to me. And like I already said, "personal opinion."

Edited by chirf