Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Okay it looks like everyone glossed an important detail;

On Facebook, if you right click and open the image in a new tab, you can download the image in it's original resolution (click the image):

ibw15yaOaKFnCx.jpg

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 2nd guardian to the left looks like discord from MLP o___O now that my MLP friend points it out to me XD

Whoever these guys are, I genuinely hope they don't have really annoying cartoon voices with undulating pitches....

Or stereotypical traits for that matter, such as the big heavy guy being less intelligent or the female being sassy....

Is that too much to ask?

here, have some rubbish. maybe someone'll be able to conclude something from it

erererer.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

here, have some rubbish. maybe someone'll be able to conclude something from it

erererer.jpg

No love for Slumpy? sad.png

/v/ was still stumped at that point regarding him. But yeah, we have confirmation that they either wear pants or at least have black legs, have striped horns, the girl has zettai ryouiki, I still can't understand what the fuck is happening with Slumpy's nose, and overall this makes me fear for the overlap of Sonic fans and Homestuck fans.

Whoever these guys are, I genuinely hope they don't have really annoying cartoon voices with undulating pitches....

Voice direction's gotten much better in Sonic games, I wouldn't worry about that. Classic Tails could have been awful, but he ended up fairly adorable!

Also, professional VAs in general have gotten much better, I can't say any game lately has really disappointed me in terms of VA.

Edited by SuperLink

I have a feeling that the one standing on the crane will have some crazy martial art skills

I have a feeling that they wouldn't have teased "friends or foes" if the guardians wouldn't turn out to be friends in the end.

It's like teasing someone "vegetables or candy" and then going "lolnope vegetables, sorry you don't get any candy".
Okay, that was a bad analogy.

And I hope you're right, SuperLink, I can't stand when ridiculous voices are involved. 

Well Sega's got a decent bunch of VA's who do the good stuff from Funimation/Viz/ect now, so the series' voice work is no longer one of my concerns.

Can't understand why, the link should be working fine

tumblr_mna62kidzI1qjhcfso1_1280.png

Edited by Captain Harlock

The skinny one and what you guys call him "not bowser" looks devilish, it seems they could be a pair and the big guy is like the third wheel as you notice big guys are idiots (STORM & BIG).
The rest probably go stand alone. although they can still find themselves pairing up at some point.

For powers, maybe when you beat/save a guardian you get a new power and that power will help you get to the next land.

Now when sega said "Friend or foe", i'm thinking some are bad and some are good?
and three obvious bad ones the trio Waluigi, Not bowser and the big guy.

and the obvious PURE evil guardian,
Slumpy........

EDIT: I just realize that theres a planet, within a planet....

Edited by jordine

Like I said before, I really hope they aren't what they seem.

A great example is Bentley the Yeti from Spyro: Year of the Dragon:

494px-Bentley.png

First glance, and what do you assume? Gritty, primitive, "big yeti like to smash" sort of character.

But he's very intelligent, has an extensive vocabulary, and even strays from the "intelligent" stereotype by being quite the fun-seeker. 

However, then you have to question things like character design and the fact that they're cartoons and are supposed to embody a specific personality.

Edited by The Sunheart
  • Thumbs Up 9

Okay it looks like everyone glossed an important detail;

On Facebook, if you right click and open the image in a new tab, you can download the image in it's original resolution (click the image):

ibw15yaOaKFnCx.jpg

Something caught my attention.

I know very well that you guys already brought the subject: "this looks like New Super Mario Bros", but... looking very closely at the deep forest area. The trees' foliage, it have a pattern, very similar to Mario patterns. The mountains too, similar shapes to Mario's ones.

Besides that, the art style(the color palete and the saturation), not to mention the world being organized in a Mario-esque way. I'm not saying Sonic can't have patterns or art like that, but it looks much more like Mario than Sonic.

And now the guardians. Judging by their shapes, acessories and even pose... seriously, who other group of characters uses spiky bracelets?

I know I could be tripping but this... this may be indeed the Mario and Sonic platforming cross-over we've been asking. There's got to be more than a reason for realeasing this as a Wii U exclusive. Maybe not, and yes, maybe I'm tripping, but if?

Eggman joined with Bowser to created a new specie of enemeis? Eggsers? Bowgmans?

I'm too crazy? Or not?. What can't stop SEGA and Nintendo from changing the name to Mario & Sonic Lost World just to caught all of us off guard?

Edited by Jango

Something caught my attention.

I know very well that you guys already brought the subject: "this looks like New Super Mario Bros", but... looking very closely at the deep forest area. The trees' foliage, it have a pattern, very similar to Mario patterns. The mountains too, similar shapes to Mario's ones.

Besides that, the art style(the color palete and the saturation), not to mention the world being organized in a Mario-esque way. I'm not saying Sonic can't have patterns or art like that, but it looks much more like Mario than Sonic.

And now the guardians. Judging by their shapes, acessories and even pose... seriously, who other group of characters uses spiky bracelets?

I know I could be tripping but this... this may be indeed the Mario and Sonic platforming cross-over we've been asking. There's got to be more than a reason for realeasing this as a Wii U exclusive. Maybe not, and yes, maybe I'm tripping, but if?

Eggman joined with Bowser to created a new specie of enemeis? Eggsers? Bowgmans?

I'm too crazy? Or not?. What can't stop SEGA and Nintendo from changing the name to Mario & Sonic Lost World just to caught all of us off guard?

They wouldn't announce a Mario and Sonic game as just a Sonic then later say "OH AND MARIO'S IN TOO." It'd be something they'd advertise heavily from day one.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're not tripping, Jango, the spiky bracelets did strike me...I definitely see what you mean but...

I DON'T WANT A CROSSOVER sad.png  *pouts*

crazy theory, but that idea would be amazing if it were real. It would get mario to talk full sentences with sonic.

Doesn't Vector have spiky bracelets?? Or am I thinking of someone else?

But yeah, if it was a crossover they would NOT be keeping it a secret, at least not like this. They would have actually hinted at it by now.

Perhaps Mario, or others could cameo on some level.

Many Nintendo-published third party games get Mario characters cameoing in them.

Real talk tho, these six characters are Eggman's equivalent to the Koopalings. They are Eggman's illegitimate children. He wanted to hide them from society so he built them their own planet. But now they're pissed off and Sonic has to do something or something yadayadayada.

Honestly, the fellow in the middle does resemble typical Mario baddies with that hair style. Grimace as well.

I see the point Jango has, but I'm not attempting to call it.