Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Oh, trust me, there is a seventh Guardian alright, just leaked from SEGA's vaults:

"And from now on, you shall be known as Sonic, Guardian of the Wind."

Called it first.

In all likelihood.

Seven's a magic number and it's a common plot device for the protagonist to end up completing whatever the latest circle of special people is.

Oh, trust me, there is a seventh Guardian alright, just leaked from SEGA's vaults:

Why are you even opening this spoiler? It's a quoted post! The original post is literally just 2 spaces above. Go read that one. I ain't giving you no pictures here.

"And from now on, you shall be known as Sonic, Guardian of the Wind."

Called it first.

Heads up- there's been no official mention of the word "guardian". That's just what people were guessing in the TSS comments back before this whole thing was officially revealed. If there's a seventh, my bets are on it being Eggman. It's been pointed out that The Girl, Waluigi, Not Bowser and Grimmace are black below the waist ala Eggman, so it's not a stetch to assume the other two are as well. You just can't tell for sure at the moment.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Why am I imagining Eggman became a Guardian because they thought he was a great hero, when the role of Guardian was actually meant for Sonic?

And that the ending will have a tearjerker with the Guardians begging Sonic to stay and serve his role but he says he already has a whole planet to protect elsewhere?

He then appoints Mighty to the post in his stead, explaining his disappearance.

Hmm I should probably move this to the story speculation thread.

You know, everyone's been saying how this game feels like it's a ripoff of this and that, and then I realized if this is ripping off of anything, it's gotta be this:

sonicbioshockinfinite.jpg

- Takes place in the sky;

- Main character has a constant companion;

- Both bad guys have facial hair;

There's probably more that I am missing.

• Thumbs Up 5

The more I look at these creatures, the more they resemble demons, rather than "guardians."  Perhaps this lost world was meant to banish these things, or seal them away.

"This world wasn't lost, Sonic.  It was hidden."

Edited by G-Force

An idea I've been thinking of. The whole "six will rise from the lost world" thing. To me that sounds like the story will play out with sonic and tails finding out about lost world and heading up there for whatever reason. After a couple of levels the story comes back into play and these six end up being awakened in some manner (ala chip and dark gia) and if they are enemies you will need to perhaps send them back to where they came from as you work to restore the planet.

I don't see it. It just looks like normal Eggman trousers, only with a lower height above the crotch than the rest.

zgo9FF1.png

The edges are clearly discernible on the lower portion.

Looks like she may be wearing shorts and extremely long boots

I can see it now.

If only I can say the same for Sharkboy. Does he have Knuckles hands and a shrimpnose or what?

dumbo.png

He has two hands with sharp fingers, but then it all gets a bit confusing- seems he has some sort of Tapir-esque snout with spikes, and is holding something with his right hand.

I have a feeling they're not going to be wearing clothes as such (besides accessories, like the males obviously having some kind of spiked bracelets). I imagine their bodies looking more like the 2012 Olympic's mascots.

dzn_london2012_mascots_wenlock_mandevill

881cee8aba9a774b6878b17665801713.jpg

Humanoid, but with stylistic markings that decorate and cover their bodies.

Edited by Gatestormer

dumbo.png

He has two hands with sharp fingers, but then it all gets a bit confusing- seems he has some sort of Tapir-esque snout with spikes, and is holding something with his right hand.

Looks like he's wearing something similar to the Mole Mitts from Skyward Sword to me.

200px-Digging_Mitts.png

Which makes me think - he might be related to the desert/canyon level, if he's got sharp claws to dig through rock etc?

Looks like he's wearing something similar to the Mole Mitts from Skyward Sword to me.

Which makes me think - he might be related to the desert/canyon level, if he's got sharp claws to dig through rock etc?

He looks like a shark, so I'd say he's from the water level.

The Girl = Forest (she's green)

Staff Rider = Ice (he's light blue, and the staff somehow just seems fitting for ice)

Not Bowser = Volcano (Bowser, and he's red)

Grimmace =  Desert (he's yellow)

Slumpy = Water (shark like)

Waluigi is a bit harder to place. The area below the ice area on the left looks like a different colour to to desert, but it also looks like there might be pyramids in it. If not the desert that's where he'll be. If it is, then he'll be somewhere else. The thing to note about him is that he looks the most ghoulish or cartoon-scary. It'd be awesome if there was a haunted level and that's where he was.

Edited by Blue Blood

Also Slumpy isn't very sharklike, apart from having just one horn.

Edited by Captain Harlock

Hmm this is very interesting.

Seeing the stripe motifs on the character is intriguing. Makes me wonder if the girl character will end  up looking a bit like Princess What's Her Name?! :D

Is it just me, or does Slumpy have two horns? The lump on the far side of his head- isn't it also a curved horn?

slumpy looks like a mutant shrimp.

What if all of them are not bad guys?

It's possible but.. I don't really see that being the case.

I'm not sure they could all be justified from point one as good guys, or maybe they'd be supporting characters with small roles at best which would make the "hype" they're giving them a bit of a let down.

Personally, I see them as victims of Knucklesia, and (in an admittedly lazy rehash of S3&K) get fooled by Eggman into thinking Sonic's the real bad guy.

Personally, I see them as victims of Knucklesia, and (in an admittedly lazy rehash of S3&K) get fooled by Eggman into thinking Sonic's the real bad guy.

We're gonna need some REALLY clever (or at least fresh) storywriting pull that so that doesn't come off as predictable and cliche.

Call me pessimistic, but something like that could be seen coming a mile away if that were the case.

But their designs just scream bad guys. Horns, black detailing, claws etc etc. I can't see them being good guys who have been fooled at all. Closest thing we'll get is that they're good but have been corrupted one way or another, not dissimilar to the Dark Gaia Phoenix.

EDIT: VEDJ-F :P 

Edited by Blue Blood

Something I'd like to see is a more complicated subversion of the Super Sonic aspect of the final bosses.

How about the first form of the final boss as Super Sonic - and then the second as regular Sonic?  Dramatically it strikes me as a good idea - hero reaches his peak, gets special powers and has a really flashy battle, but the villain strikes back for a second try, disables the hero's powers, and the two then have to face off on slightly more equal terms, in a moment that at once spells the prospect of far greater danger for the hero and an opportunity to remind us of why he's the hero in the first place.  ...For some reason I feel as if this has been done already, but I can't think of where it would be.  But given that Eggman has a Chaos Emerald cancelling device (from the Unleashed intro), you'd think he'd try and make use of it again.

Looks to me like the guardians have major stripe motifs on their designs, anyway.  Things like those, the horns, and the shackles will be what give them an impression of greater design unity to compensate for their wildly differing shapes and proportions.  Probably their faces will have recognisably similar features, too, and as such they're what'll make or break the guardians for me.  Looking at them again... while the huge guy appears to be the only one with three horns, the female one appears to be the only one to have but a single horn.  Combined with her relatively diminuitive scale and more recognisably humanoid proportions, I'm going to call her as an ally who joins Sonic and Tails early on in order to provide female demographic appeal.  She'll have a really minor subplot involving her internal conflict between her duty and what she sees as right and will try and persuade her fellow guardians to give Sonic and Tails a chance.  The guardians I'd say are almost certainly initially hostile to Sonic at least in part, and possibly Sonic's world is as much a mystery to them as the lost world is to Sonic, which is why they show aggression to an invader.  I'm also sensing that maybe they strike first and attack Sonic's world, which is why Sonic and Tails initially go to the lost world to investigate?  Also, rather than Eggman being hijacked by a monster of the week at the last minute, here, there'll be a seeming monster of the week set up, but it will be hijacked by Eggman right at the end, which is something I've wanted to see for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

But their designs just scream bad buys.

I dunno, their bracelets look like they could be resold for a good price. That'd make them decent buys, at least. 

• Thumbs Up 1