Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

As I said in the status box: YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SONIC FREE RIDERS!

I'm not really that mean... or am I?

:P

This could quite possibly be the best thing in the history of forever.

My Body is Ready.

Edited by Cola

On an unrelated note to my previous tangent..

That picture.

I need something more.

Edited by Azookara

This is totally good for SEGA, I mean, we all like what's good for our favourite company. Guess we just have to resort to let's plays.

*checks email* 

"Hello,

Yesterday, Nintendo made an announcement that they are now partnered with YouTube.  They also announced that they have copyrighted (content ID will ensue for) all Nintendo-related content on YouTube, making it impossible for you, the creator, to earn money on Nintendo uploads.

IGN has a good article on this.  

So, I would recommend against any Nintendo uploads. Please be careful if you do decide to upload Nintendo gameplay because your channel can/may receive a copyright strike if enough claims are compiled.

If you have any questions please let me know."

I got that from my Fullscreen Partner Manager. WOOHOO. I'm SO HAPPY. Damn. 

Well, yeah, I hope Nint doesn't ban every let's play.

Sonic is not property of Nintendo. He's the property of SEGA.

most reliable group of fans

Who do you mean and why are they "most reliable"?

First of all, I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that this is a long-term exclusive partnership?

Because "long-term" sounds scary. We like scary.

Really? It has more Sonic 4/CD vibes to me.

In Sonic CD, Little Planet basically looked gray from a distance. What we see here is a freaking rainbow.

Oh yeah and why the hell does it look more like a Mario game than a Sonic game?! >_<

World financial crisis may be? smile.png

We've basically seen nothing of it yet. It is not really fair to make that judgement at this point.

I see that this game is overly happy, just like any Mario game. And I see it's design not even going an inch in SA2 or even Heroes direction. it's enough to make me quite sad.

>Implying there's something wrong with looking like a Mario game.<

Looks cool so far, but not really going to get hyped until I see trailer or gameplay footage.

>Implying there's something right with not having your own style, be a cheap Mario rippoff, and not even trying to change it.

Iwata knows SHIT about climat in Russia.

"In Russia it's cold"

FUCK NO!!! Russia is a HUGE country, having the biggest territory in the world! Why is he so ignorant?

Well, that was even fun to listen. I like when foreigners talk about Russia, no matter what they say. And isn't Canada largest country these days?

The fact that SEGA is in financial trouble also must have helped this happen. Making PS4 games is expensive so they go for the Wii-U, since its a level of hardware technology they are familiar with, and it's cheaper.

It's not in financial trouble, it's buying $20 000 000 companies up in a morning.

Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 ) Patriotism is dumb, even (heck, especially) regarding video game companies. It won't kill you that this is Nintendo-exclusive.

It won't kill me, I just won't buy it.

This is just giving me flashbacks to when I suggested porting Sonic Colors to the PS3 with Move support and everyone yelled at me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why does it have to be Ice Cap Zone to be worthy of hype?

1. Sarcasm.

2. We've had plenty of ice zones throughout the years, why is this one special?

Who do you mean?

Sonic games consistently sell best on Nintendo platforms. It's true of everything multiplatform since Heroes' release, excepted S4E1. Generations has also sold better on 3DS than on either the 360, PS3 or PC. If there's any group that buy Sonic games, it's those that have Nintendo systems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dunno about the rest of you guys, but I'm happy that a new Sonic game is announced so that the stream of artificially flavored (of brown icing) rumors on new Sonic games we've been recently getting can be put to rest now.

Although I don't have one now, I do plan to get a Wii U sometime....and I already have a 3DS, so the Nintendo-exclusive partnership deal doesn't bother me one bit (but I'll be watching the chaos unfold here and elsewhere (especially the Sega Forums) with my move theater concession in tow :D). I'm more concerned about the game itself. If Sega/Sonic Team isn't going to do anything new/innovative with the game and will just "play it safe" like past Sonic games, then I think I'll pass. Won't even consider the 3DS version if Dimps is developing it.

The teaser image of the world is rather intriguing, nice Little Planet vibes. I'm a lot more interested that the world is missing huge chunks of itself/is incomplete. Obviously the works of Eggman, but exactly what is he doing though? Also seems that it will be yet another game focused only on Sonic and Tails, in which if true I'll be disappointed because of what it implies as seen from previous games (storyline, involvement of characters, playable characters, etc.). But otherwise I'll have to wait for more info, because there's otherwise not much else you can pull from this teaser.

Not boarding the hype train, but I'm interested nonetheless with some skepticism/cynicism here and there.

• Thumbs Up 2

They couldn't even make this a Steam release. I'm just annoyed because it looks like for a while I won't be playing any new Sonic games.

"You've done it now, Sega, you've released a game exclusively for a gimmicky dumb console that won't sell, besides I don't wanna ruin my faithful relationship with Microsoft/Sony and the lack of PC modding makes this game terrible, Sonic is dead I'm passing on this goodbye"

The arguments about all this is kinda silly, anyways. I don't have a Wii U but I'm getting one. If 3D Mario, new Zelda, new Smash, Pikmin 3, and various, various other games didn't convince me already, Sonic Lost World reaaaally did.

If you're not gonna get it cuz you can't afford or don't personally see the worth in a Wii U, fine, but I don't see the point in getting all uptight about it. Especially for silly reasons.

^Thats my MAIN reason right there other then feeling that the console is a gimmick.

I'm a guy on a budget I got people to take care of and rent/bills that of higher priorities and don't have money falling from the sky and can afford to get all 3 consoles+games like some of the younger members here, there were games on the wii-u that did interest me (Pikmin 3 for starters) that I was just gonna wait on until I could afford them, lost worlds and the next sonic game will just have to be added to the list.

Sad because I really wanted to be apart of this, now I feel like I'm sidelined. Hopefully SEGA makes up for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well...I guess I have no reason to buy a PS4/NextBox at launch now. I was planning to buy the new Sonic game and Battlefield 4 with one of the next-gen consoles, and now that's not the case with Sonic...

NO games appeal to me on the Wii U at the moment and I don't think it's worth buying a console just for one game...unless the new Mario game is also pretty amazing.

I'm extremely happy, and pissed off at the same time right now. I do have a 3DS, but I want to play the superior version!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 3

They couldn't even make this a Steam release.

Yeah, a Steam release would be pretty cool and also quite easy if I'm not mistaken.

Ah well. :/ This is the way shit rolls, I suppose. At least I have a reason to use my Wii U now.

Although I don't have one now, I do plan to get a Wii U sometime....and I already have a 3DS, so the Nintendo-exclusive partnership deal doesn't bother me one bit (but I'll be watching the chaos unfold here and elsewhere (especially the Sega Forums) with my move theater concession in tow biggrin.png). I'm more concerned about the game itself. If Sega/Sonic Team isn't going to do anything new/innovative with the game and will just "play it safe" like past Sonic games, then I think I'll pass. 

Sonic Generations is the only main title to play it safe. And that was the game's point.

At least this means the Wii U I bought a few months ago was not such a huge waste after all. =]

I'm positive about this partnership between SEGA and Nintendo, and even if it doesn't last for a long time it could mean that SLW will be a very special Sonic game indeed. Hopefully it will be bigger and better than Colours and Generations put together! Bring on the trailers and screenshots, I say!

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how people are saying that this looks like a Mario game judging by only one screenshot of a world with no gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like how people are saying that this looks like a Mario game judging by only one screenshot of a world with no gameplay.

It's not a screenshot, it's an artwork that represents the overall style and art direction of the game.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 7

I won't really have a reason to be angry unless there's some sort of confirmation of characters playable other than Sonic.

..Which of course means I'll never have any reason to be angry.

That's the generic gaming community for you. Anything colourful is considered a Mario clone.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's the generic gaming community for you. Anything colourful is considered a Mario clone.

How colorful Sonic can not to be Mario clone these days?

• Thumbs Up 2

I think this game could be a sequel to Sonic Colors since it's another main sonic game that it's exclusive for Nintendo consoles, and boy I am excited.

Edited by Filipe1020

How colorful Sonic can not to be Mario clone these days?

Considering Sonic has been just as, if not more colourful than Mario since Sonic 1?

• Thumbs Up 3