Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Btw since we're talking about new renders and stuff. 

Wasn't recently released a page in Sonic Channel where a new? render of Sonic and Tails is there? 

I think those 2 are really good and it might be from Lost World as well? I don't know....just a wild guess

Preferences, what'cha gonna do. Tho I am getting sick of people accentuating the negative and act like Sonic Team have never done anything good or that their recent efforts don't matter.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, I'll admit, whenever I see a fangame or something else to that effect where there's comments like "funny how a fan created this and it's 10x better than Sega can do" it sorta peeves me and leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

even if it's bad they'll still give it a free pass and say that it's better then what Sega can do.

Okay, we got the kiddy versus mature debate, the new characters ripping off a new franchise, and the angry console gamers who won't get this.

Jesus, it is like filling out a Bingo card.

Btw since we're talking about new renders and stuff. 

Wasn't recently released a page in Sonic Channel where a new? render of Sonic and Tails is there? 

I think those 2 are really good and it might be from Lost World as well? I don't know....just a wild guess

You mean this?

topics_youtube.gif

I think they are from Lost World....

Edited by Wil348

Okay, we got the kiddy versus mature debate, the new characters ripping off a new franchise, and the angry console gamers who won't get this.

Jesus, it is like filling out a Bingo card.

Anyone get bingo yet?

You mean this?

topics_youtube.gif

I think they are from Lost World....

Yep these ones...taking a guess and saying its from Lost World :P

Well I've never seen them before until recently. I'm going to guess that they are from Lost World.

Well I've never seen them before until recently. I'm going to guess that they are from Lost World.

I distinctly remember that Sonic render from somewhere, not sure about that Tails one though.

Yeah, not every piece of art is made up for a game. Much of it is just stock art that gets chucked around all over the place, with only a few pieces being made for any game specifically.

• Thumbs Up 2

topics_youtube.gif

I believe these were released long before Lost World was even announced. Also, Sonic's pose really reminds me of his render from Heroes' front cover.

On the subject of renders, If we do get some on the 29th, I hope they're in original poses and not slightly tweaked variants of past ones.

Has any major Sonic game ever come with renders that were merely tweaked from past ones?

Has any major Sonic game ever come with renders that were merely tweaked from past ones?

Depends on if you consider Sonic 4: Episode 2 a different game to Episode 1 or not I guess.

Well, I don't even consider Sonic 4 a major game in the grand scheme of things in the first place. =P

• Thumbs Up 4

Found this:

Nerd%20Rage%20-%20Way%20Past%20Cool_0.jp

Not sure I get the part at the end. The only thing I got from this was Nintendo was either desperate for sonics help, or sonic thought he was a big deal and Nintendo is just awkwardly waiting for him to leave lol

Found this:

Nerd%20Rage%20-%20Way%20Past%20Cool_0.jp

I can't help but hear Jaleel White's voice in my head while reading this.

evritim

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

Does Generations count?

Does Generations count?

Well, it wasn't tweaked versions of past renders, more like tweaked versions of old 2D art.

• Thumbs Up 1

all renders were unique from a major game.

Most renders that look alike are from spin off titles. And as far as I see they dont really need to go hardcore on completely new 3D pictures of sonic for spin-offs.

but no one complains in the classic games were sonic stands and wags his little finger all the time. (i'm not complaining)

Well, it wasn't tweaked versions of past renders, more like tweaked versions of old 2D art.

Fair enough.

Depends on if you consider Sonic 4: Episode 2 a different game to Episode 1 or not I guess.

Sonic 4 e1 and e2 were main games?