Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Looks interesting to say the least, and SEGA collaborating with Nintendo could be something dreams are made of, if it's anything like Mario Galaxy's grand scale with Sonic gameplay that fits in, and better level design and no shitty blocky platforming then I may need to re-invest in another Wii U.

Considering Sonic has been just as, if not more colourful than Mario since Sonic 1?

Bullshit. Sonic has been considerably more colorful in the recent years when SEGA started trying to make the games more happy-go-lucky barebones boost-to-win zero story things. ............and Heroes which was still more serious and less colorful than most of mario games

I think there's an association because Mario is generally the only colourful game franchise left, haha.

Nowadays it's increasingly strange to see games with simple colour schemes dominated by block colours. Back in the 90s, the were everywhere. Now only legacy franchises really carry that tradition at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not a screenshot, it's an artwork that represents the overall style and art direction of the game.

And this suppose to be a bad thing?  

and Heroes which was still more serious and less colorful than most of mario games

Dude, Heroes is still even more colourful than what we have now when you put aside the plastic shading on the character and enemy models, being closer in general art style and colour palette to the classics than anything in Unleashed or Colours. Where you at? D:

I think this game could be a sequel to Sonic Colors since it's another main sonic game that it's exclusive for Nintendo consoles, and boy I am excited.

I don't know, that sounds like when people believed Colours would be a Storybook game just because it's on Wii. Not very likely.

Considering Sonic has been just as, if not more colourful than Mario since Sonic 1?

Everything was colourful as hell back then, but there is a reason why I said "these days". All colorful Sonic games I've seen in a past few years were Mario clones in terms of style, design, and overall mood. And tell me how this game looks to be  different?

• Thumbs Up 1

And this suppose to be a bad thing?  

ArtFenix meant that this picture represents the mood of entire game at once, and there's no point to expect something quite different.

• Thumbs Up 1

ArtFenix meant that this picture represents the mood of entire game at once, and there's no point to expect something quite different.

I dunno about you but I'll wait until I actually see more information and actual gameplay before thinking they're not going to do anything different. This is kinda like how people will judge the entire game and say it will suck just because they see one screenshot of it.

Edited by sonfan1984

As someone who grew up with both Nintendo and Sega consoles in the house, I couldn't be more excited about this. I was holding off on a Wii U until Wind Waker HD but I'll have to see which comes out first. happy.png

Also, this is pretty much my face right now.

shut_up_and_take_my_ring__by_itshelias94

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't worry guys I'll fix it for you.

t9PNp2J.png

So much better. (/sarcasm)

Everything was colourful as hell back then, but there is a reason why I said "these days". All colorful Sonic games I've seen in a past few years were Mario clones in terms of style, design, and overall mood. And tell me how this game looks to be  different?

Oh, you were judging the entire games rather than just colour palette! Silly, how am I meant to tell you that when all we have is a single screenshot of the world? We have no idea what the style, design or overall mood is just from that, considering it's just a general overworld shot with absolutely no details on what the individual zones will look like or how the gameplay and story are going to play about. Probably be in-line with the recent games and carrying the feeling of the old games like it should be doing, but hey, we could be surprised! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Great... Just when I was excited to see Sonic get next gen treatment, they go and limit the next Sonic game to the Wii U.

Don't get me wrong, not to bad mouth the Wii U or anything, but really?.... REALLY?... They could do incredibly things with the processing power of next gen, and now we're stuck with another current gen rendition.

The only thing that would make me happy about seeing another generations knock-off is if they made the controls tight enough that you could jog around and platform like a normal platform game (sonic adventure) and not slip around like eggman put grease on Sonics shoes.

.....not slip around like eggman put grease on Sonics shoes.

That ended eight years ago, get over it.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great... Just when I was excited to see Sonic get next gen treatment, they go and limit the next Sonic game to the Wii U.

Don't get me wrong, not to bad mouth the Wii U or anything, but really?.... REALLY?... They could do incredibly things with the processing power of next gen, and now we're stuck with another current gen rendition.

The only thing that would make me happy about seeing another generations knock-off is if they made the controls tight enough that you could jog around and platform like a normal platform game (sonic adventure) and not slip around like eggman put grease on Sonics shoes.

Could be that, since SEGA aren't in the best position financially, developing something at "high next-gen standard" could be too risky and expensive for them right now.

While they get their heads around new tech and how to finance it, they continue to publish games on weaker tech that they already are familiar with. Makes sense to me.

New tech will get cheaper over the years, but as of right now, an AAA game of new-tech standard might not be within SEGA's realistic budget.

That screen doesn't look bad, but the whole way its a bunch of level tropes tossed together into a planetoid , gives off NSMB Map vibes to me. Its not a problem, but its not really entirely "Sonic-y". At least to me.

If this is a Sonic playable only title, then I'll cool off and will manage to not get envy. I hope it is.

They could do incredibly things with the processing power of next gen,

They probably wouldn't, though.

Besides there's very few good ideas that actually need more power than recent consoles, I think.

They probably wouldn't, though.

Besides there's very few good ideas that actually need more power than recent consoles, I think.

Thats the thing. See its unlikely SEGA are going to go for a Frostbite 3 or Fox Engine levels of graphical madness, and so their development costs for a multiplatform game weren't really going to be very much higher than the costs are for developing a Wii U and 3DS only game. So being able to finance a multiplatform game isn't the issue here.

That ended eight years ago, get over it.

Excuse me? Have you never touched Unleashed or Generations? 

Play Cool Edge on Sonic Unleashed, and tell me it's not stupid how long it takes for sonic to ground pound the switch before each door. And NO, I'm not referring to any of the ice segments in that level. There is another switch scenario during Jungle Joyride.

I have nothing to get over. You need to play more recent sonic games.

If this is a Sonic playable only title, then I'll cool off and will manage to not get envy. I hope it is.

This is a sad, sad thing. Instead of wanting an improvement to the franchise you want it to be hindered because you won't play it even if other characters are announced.

• Thumbs Up 9