Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Watching the trailer again (Over and over again.) I do hope we get some of that lovely CGI in the game cutscenes. We missed out on Generations, hopefully we'll get some lovely animation like that in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Um, don't want to overexcite anyone too much, but I'm pretty sure I saw the Super Peel Out in that trailer.

What the FUCK did I just watch?

Looks like a Mario game. Who's gonna argue with me about that now?

Love CGi as always.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was expecting a colourful game, but not one brimming with so much creativity. This looks absolutely spectacular. Let's hope they don't screw it up somehow!

Love CGi as always.

Green Hilled slopes and checkerboard patterns, totally Mario.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nobody.

But it's a damn fine looking Mario game!

Love CGi as always.

Not really, it has a far more Sonic vibe than a Mario one. Feels like a 3D game right out of the Genesis era, looks far more like Sonic X-Treme than it ever looks like Mario Galaxy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Remove the checkered stuff and you have a perfect Mario game. The trees, the gameplay, everything.

And BTW compared to amazing hedgehog engine, this looks like total garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario so doesn't have anything over this - sorry Galaxy.

As others have said, more Classic Era Sonic than anything, and that can be backed up.

With this.

2wpjwqo.png

Remove the checkered stuff and you have a perfect Mario game. The trees, the gameplay, everything.

And BTW compared to amazing hedgehog engine, this looks like total garbage.

I dunno what you're smoking.

It looks absolutely Sonic in every way? Point out one thing that looks more Mario than Sonic? You're grasping here, I know you like the Adventure era best but this is even more Sonic-y than the Adventure era was.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really hyped at all. Looks like it'd be better suited to a mobile device or something. I like the "Guardian" designs, though. 

But yeah, Green Hill again, Chaotix Special Stage-ish levels set over a void that looks more like Mario Galaxy than anything, the return of a whole bunch of stuff we just saw in Colours and Generations... I worry that Sonic is going the way of Mario, without the RPGs and Luigi games to fill the void for me, haha. Either way, I'll watch from afar.\

EDIT: Come on guys, seriously? "This looks nothing like Mario Galaxy!"

StoneCycloneGalaxy.png?t=1280160990

Uh.

Edited by SKANKFUNK
  • Thumbs Up 3

I wasn't expecting one of the "Deadly 6" to be the "Emo" one but overall, I like their designs.

PRINCE OF FUCKING PERSIA+ AND SONIC THE HEDGEHOG= GETTING ME A FUCKING WII-U.

• Thumbs Up 5

I for one like the gameplay that was shown, and even the logo looks so old school that I was hooked right away.

8XHc7Hb.jpg

Like I said in the other thread, I was never a fan of the hexagon logo people wanted.

I'm not really hyped at all. Looks like it'd be better suited to a mobile device or something. I like the "Guardian" designs, though. 

But yeah, Green Hill again, Chaotix Special Stage-ish levels set over a void that looks more like Mario Galaxy than anything, the return of a whole bunch of stuff we just saw in Colours and Generations... I worry that Sonic is going the way of Mario, without the RPGs and Luigi games to fill the void for me, haha. Either way, I'll watch from afar.\

EDIT: Come on guys, seriously? "This looks nothing like Mario Galaxy!"

StoneCycloneGalaxy.png?t=1280160990

Uh.

I know right?! It's not like Sonic hasn't tried it before in obscure games or unused concepts.

xtreme3.jpg

ndjIQRM.png

I dunno what you're smoking.

It looks absolutely Sonic in every way? Point out one thing that looks more Mario than Sonic? You're grasping here, I know you like the Adventure era best but this is even more Sonic-y than the Adventure era was.

If anything it loos like a mix between Mario games and Sonic Dash for some Iphone. Pffffffffffff I dunno what YOU are smoking. Open your eyes! There is little to nothing that was making Sonic games Sonic games.

I. AM. HYPED. I understand the whole "Looks like Mario" thing though. Not really impressed graphically, was hoping for something like generations. But still hyped for this...

If anything it loos like a mix between Mario games and Sonic Dash for some Iphone. Pffffffffffff I dunno what YOU are smoking. Open your eyes! There is little to nothing that was making Sonic games Sonic games.

We get that it might have some Mario similiarties, but like people have pointed out, it also has MORE Sonic elements. Honestly, what do you see about this game that screams more Mario to you than Sonic?

Because if it is the level above a "void" than Sonic has done it before.

Hmm...yes...I am definitely getting a very classic vibe from this.

But...is it wrong that my first thought was "Super Sonic Galaxy"? I can see now that it's more based around the levels wrapping around each other than gravity switching, though, and I can really see the resemblance to Sonic X-Treme, too.

Seriously loving the way this is going for both 2-D and 3-D takes on these sorts of level designs, and dat parkour omg. It's exciting, actually, to see what kinds of wacky level designs could result from all this. Honestly, I'm loving this the more I watch it.

Also, I love how you guys were literally right on the mark with Not-Waluigi :U

Maybe it's just me... but...

red, green, blue, cyan, purple and yellow

WwIzGUz.jpg

red, green, blue, cyan, purple and yellow (and grey)

Heroes_Emeralds.PNG

• Thumbs Up 5

Eggman has the grey emerald, the Six have the others. And he created them using the emeralds.

Calling it.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

For all my incessant whining about it;

c0396c0a64be17cf960bce9b14883bcf.png

That does look a bit like a Mario Galaxy planetoid :lol:

It can have all the Mario Galaxy similarities in the world (there aren't that many) and it would still be a fundamentally Sonic experience, that's the key difference here, nothing in the gameplay mechanics looks like Mario despite the level aesthetic.

But man, look at the background underneath the stages! Looks like a gorgeous version of the ol' Green Hill Zone background, I'm looking forward to seeing the other Zones too.

Also I like that Chaos Emerald theory, that's pretty smart.

Alright, I know I said I would try to avoid looking up info and trailers about this game until release date, but I was just too damn curious. Upon seeing this trailer, I was a bit disappointed. Why? Green Hill Zone. Again! But the new moves do look interesting and I actually like the new villains. I'm not sure what the concept of this game could be, but it does look interesting with the Sonic X-Treme/Mario Galaxy design. It also feels that SEGA is trying to get back to Sonic's 2D roots with the 2D sections and figure 8 feet. I like where this is going. Oh, and I'm guessing Dr. Eggman won't be in this game because he's busy getting his teaching degree :P 

You know, this game has more than a visual resemblance to X-treme. One of the scrapped plotlines had egg man unleashing a number of evil spirits from the master emeralds.. And this was before adventure. Also, IGN, do a rewind theatre on this. Seriously...