ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

Credit to RagnarokX at GAF. Wow.

W...what? Now im REALLY intrigued.

all this looking like either a pixar generic movie

What the fuck does this even mean?

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

I love the little cartoony details in this trailer, like Sonic's wheel o' feet and the smoke puffs coming up like in this image.

Edited by Deaf Guy in Music Plant

Did I mention that I'm that type of a fan who loves and wants more stories in Sonic games that aren't barebones or just excuses of stories? I like it when the game takes itself seriously when it needs to because watching happy-go-lucky shit for the entirety of the game is just as boring as watching Shadow saying DAMN for the whole game!

Sorry but, Sonic isn't for you then. Sonic wasn't made with that identity in mind, and that image of the series got almost universally awful reception both from older fans and critics. The only reason he ever "took himself seriously" was because there were major design fissures within SEGA and the team had no idea what they were doing. Those games were in identity crisis.

The majority of people who have ever been Sonic fans hated it taking itself so seriously. You can't please everyone, unfortunately.. and SEGA need to do what the grand majority enjoy.

This is the biggest problem with when a series has an identity crisis, it causes a permanent fissure between fans who like the traditional style and fans who like the style that comes out of uh.. problems. If Sonic's gameplay had remained consistent after S3&K and the Adventure games hadn't been made the way they were, maybe people wouldn't be so torn!

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

HOLY CRAP! Wisps are back? Wisps are BACK!

I hope that Sonic Team explains their inclusion and if this is the case then I expect to see new wisps! So now this game is like a combination of Sonic X-Treme, Mario Galaxy, the Classics AND Sonic Colours...wow.

Edited by KrazyBean

Anyone, as for my opinion on the matter, I personally like it. The gameplay itself looks fun and exciting with its blending of themes from X-Treme, Mario Galaxy, and the Classics. The Mario Galaxy vibes really aren't a turn off for me, seeing as Galaxy is a pretty stellar game, and Sonic getting something even half as expansive and depthful, I wouldn't have any issue at all. The gameplay looks fun, speedy, and has a bit of a classic feel to it, with a new Parkour mechanic with an afterimage trail seemingly straight out of Sonic Advance 2, which of course increased my hype levels an extra bit. Also the boost seems gone if not reduced to a power up, and the Spin Dash is back as well. Though I guess the overly nostalgic air to the game, and lack of dynamism in the badnik design does kind of leave me a bit miffed, though not enough to feel like this won't turn out pretty great!

EDIT: Guys, it's not the laser, it's the after image trail from Advance 2/3 & the Rushes >:U

Edited by Panda Cero
  • Thumbs Up 1

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

Is that true? A wisp? No photoshop?! If so,

tumblr_m98bmgA9oA1ql3xqqo1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

@ArtFenix

So Sonic runs and ... jumps over an obstacle ... because that has only ever happened in Sonic Dash?

I'm sorry man, I just don't see where you're coming from here. I understand the current direction of the franchise isn't what you want, which is okay, but your reasons for feeling that way just don't make sense to me. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

Edited by elementofchaos

EDIT: Guys, it's not the laser, it's the after image trail from Advance 2/3 & the Rushes >:U

Yes it is...but there is a Wisp capsule with the Cyan Wisp.

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

Clearly Lost World is the long awaited sequel to Sonic Colors. Yacker sends a letter to Sonic via space magic and Tails builds a rocketship so Sonic can find the Wisps' Lost World... in space!

cm-26804-0507fb967d2d83_zps033409d4.gif

10/10 Best Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can see the complaints with the visuals, but I'm sticking of the opinion that it was the first trailer, wasn't in the best quality, and still needs a lot of visual ironing to be sure.

Also surely it uses some sort of Hedgehog Engine? No way SEGA spent so long developing that to drop it already. It's probably just been toned down so it can include way more action on screen without lag.

Sorry but, Sonic isn't for you then. Sonic wasn't made with that identity in mind, and that image of the series got almost universally awful reception both from older fans and critics.

I don't think you know my definition of Sonic well enough.

Look.

I LOVE classic megadrive games.

I LOVE Sonic adventure 1 and 2

I LOVE Sonic Heroes

I LOVE Sonic riders series (first two games at least)

I LOVE advance games

I like Sonic 06 a lot

I like Sonic Generations a lot

I like storybooks a lot

I kinda like Colors

This however doesn't make me connected with the series unlike all aforementioned games.

And I will add something that I like about this trailer. Thank you guys who found Cyan Wisp. THAT's one of the things I loved about the series - connections between games. If this games continues where Colors and Generations left off, then kudos to it! (Unfortunately it won't matter much if the story is as bad (nonexisting) as in generations)

Sorry for seeming so confrontational. Emotions got the better of me.

At least I didn't mislell your name. That makes you really nice, thanks a lot.

um

that was a...lighthearted reference to the Dolan meme?

...And people tell me I let things get to me too much.

Also you mislelled "misspell" :V

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

...omgomgomgomgOMG

I CAN'T WHAT

THAT'S WHAT

WOOOOOW AAAAAAAAGGGHHHH

ijhafdoihfddfuhfduidashgidfsugiudsgydsfgufgufdsgfweuyewfgyureufguyefyug

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hype for the Cyan Wisp!  Oh wow I'm getting all excited just thinking about the possibilities.

LASER!!!

ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg

Wait what?

Aw yes, Time for the announcer to come back!

This is GOOD, GREAT,AWESOME, OUTSTANDING AMAZING!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if I want Wisps to return. Was kind of hoping for classic power ups with all of the other classic stuff going on, but Wisps aren't bad. 

For crying out loud!

Where in that trailer did anyone see any Wisps at all?

As others have stated, that is a throwback to the Advance games with the motion blur thing.

And if you say you see the Cyan Wisp. If you mean that down at the bottom right, it's Sonic's hand.

Sorry to break up what is very interesting hype.

For crying out loud!

As others have stated, that is a throwback to the Advance games with the motion blur thing.

And if you say you see the Cyan Wisp. If you mean that down at the bottom right, it's Sonic's hand.

Dude, look at the picture again, there is a Cyan wisps further ahead of where of where Sonic is, IT'S CIRCLED.

• Thumbs Up 1

For crying out loud!

The bloody red circle.

• Thumbs Up 1

For crying out loud!

Look at the red circle, put there to indicate the position of the wisp.

For crying out loud!

Pause at 0:50 in the trailer.  It's clearly on the left-middle of the screen.

EDIT: Wow ninja'd by 3 other people XD

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Weird how no reference was made to the Wisps at all in the trailer. Methinks their role will be smaller in comparison to Colours.

Okay. Okay.

Eyesight got the better of me.

But wouldn't they confirm it in the trailer if the Wisps were back, or would that be for tomorrow?

fig8acrtu.gif

Aside from the super-peel out returning, I fucking love the after-image effect. The little poofy clouds that appear while Sonic is running are a nice touch too, helps with the general cartoony art direction of the game.