Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

For crying out loud!

Where in that trailer did anyone see any Wisps at all?

As others have stated, that is a throwback to the Advance games with the motion blur thing.

And if you say you see the Cyan Wisp. If you mean that down at the bottom right, it's Sonic's hand.

Sorry to break up what is very interesting hype.

qEn2zPx.jpg

RIGHT HERE

RIGHT FUCKING HERE

EDIT: ninja'd but ill keep it there for future generations to enjoy

Edited by Deaf Guy in Music Plant

So if Wisps are in, is this Sonic Colours 2? If that's the case then this game would've been exclusive to Nintendo consoles regardless of the partnership.

You can actually see the diamonds in the gameplay. in colors they were the same color as the laser wisp and in this game its dark blue. pause at 1:04.

(Don't know how to get a picture from the video)

• Thumbs Up 2

LASER!!!   ijCzZkhPJUYrg.jpg   Credit to RagnarokX at GAF. Wow.
Please be relevant to the gameplay and not just a humorous easter egg, pleeeeeease.....

You can actually see the diamonds in the gameplay. in colors they were the same color as the laser wisp and in this game its dark blue. pause at 1:04.

(Don't know how to get a picture from the video)

You're right! I can see them. I'll do a screenshot of it.

Edited by KrazyBean

And anyway, now I've actually downloaded the video from Youtube at highest quality, it makes it so much more clearer to see.

So I apologise to all who that first post of mine regarded.

To discussion, I think from it's position it might have relevance to the gameplay, even if it doesn't work the same way as before.

wispdiamonds.png

Here are the Cyan Diamonds. So yeah, Wisps CONFIRMED!!!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

wispdiamonds.png

Here are the Cyan Diamonds!

And now the line of motobugs suddenley make sense. Well it at least confirms it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Did you guys notice that at 0:27 and 0:31 of the trailer that Sonic's in ball form?  Could this just be like the current modern games where he goes into ball form upon hitting a dash panel at high speed (although he didn't do it at the instances where he hit a dash panel in the trailer) or could this mean the return of Spindash in 3D?  Or even rolling?

5nUMaEB.jpg

deTY6js.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by the amount of platforming required, it looks like the Boost era is over, at least as we know it. I am sure Boost will be back in some other shape, but nearly not as overwhelming as it used to be.

Did you guys notice that at 0:27 and 0:31 of the trailer that Sonic's in ball form? Could this just be like the current modern games where he goes into ball form upon hitting a dash panel at high speed (although he didn't do it at the instances where he hit a dash panel in the trailer) or could this mean the return of Spindash in 3D? Or even rolling?

5nUMaEB.jpg

deTY6js.jpg

That could be a possibility. The CG footage shows Sonic rolling without the use of a dash pad. Then again, it might just be for show, like how Hentai Quills rolled in the CG intro of Generations but only went in hall form when jumping and touching a dash panel. The exaggeration glow that it has in the CG gives me hope, though.

Edited by Auto

Did you guys notice that at 0:27 and 0:31 of the trailer that Sonic's in ball form?  Could this just be like the current modern games where he goes into ball form upon hitting a dash panel at high speed (although he didn't do it at the instances where he hit a dash panel in the trailer) or could this mean the return of Spindash in 3D?  Or even rolling?

I mentioned this in a status update. Everyone's gonna hate me for saying it but I really think I may be right.

It looks like Sonic Unleashed Wii's boost. It has a distinct sound effect and lasts for a set time just like it...

Edited by Chooch

Judging by the amount of platforming required, it looks like the Boost era is over, at least as we know it. I am sure Boost will be back in some other shape, but nearly not as overwhelming as it used to be.

Maybe it'll be a power-up when you get a White wisp? Assuming that White Wisps are in the game...

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if anyone posted this on this thread yet, but here's a teaser image of the 3DS version.

soniclostworld3ds.png

Eeeeeehhh, I don't have a very good feeling about this, but hey, it might be... Decent... If it's developed by Dimps, I hope they clean up their act and make the gameplay about as good as the Wii U version.

Edited by Auto

I don't think it will be the boost because level design REALLY doesn't seem super suited to it and seems to promote Sonic's parkour like skills and stuff.

It's not the traditional boost. It's a quick burst of speed that has Sonic rolling for a bit, only for him to shift back into running.

Not sure if anyone posted this on this thread yet, but here's a teaser image of the 3DS version.soniclostworld3ds.png
So to recap, the 3DS version has -balloons -??? Dimps has done it again you guys
  • Thumbs Up 1

So to recap, the 3DS version has -balloons -??? Dimps has done it again you guys

I do believe that what you are seeing are the RoboFish which jump from under the bridge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I do believe that what you are seeing are the RoboFish which jump from under the bridge.
So then it doesn't even have balloons?
  • Thumbs Up 2

Those are the robo fish in that image, since there jumping out of the bridge which they always do.

Has it been confirmed whether we'll be getting more info of this game at E3?

Considering it's out within the next 6 months I would assume it's in a very playable form.

So then it doesn't even have balloons?

Maybe if they add mini games to it, then hopefully it'll contain balloons