Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

Don't think (most of) these have been posted yet, some new screenshots that have recently been uploaded to the Mario & Sonic Facebook/Twitter accounts:

Metal Sonic, Daisy, Yoshi and Amy Rose look poised as they perform in Sonic’s Figure Skating Spectacular.

1375245_10152284759802166_1404356092_n.j

Have you ever thought to yourself, “Bobsleigh is cool, but wouldn’t it be even better on a roller coaster?” The Roller Coaster Bobsleigh Dream Event might answer that question!

1381159_10152290107747166_1289996407_n.j

You may be a great skater, but you’ll need to watch out for Magikoopa to win in Figure Skating Spectacular!

1379218_10152282736167166_111309022_n.jp

Think you can beat Team Birdo in Legends Showdown?

1385329_10152279659822166_1207092816_n.j

No one can beat Tails in Speed Skating except for … Tails? Take to the ice in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

1383919_10152274999382166_382642454_n.jp

• Thumbs Up 1

Another new screenshot:

1398550_10152293684832166_480588343_o.jp

"Legends Showdown events allow you to compete against dark versions of your favorite characters."

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmmm....Buy? i'm still deciding, don't want to buy it than im done in like a few weeks, 

I still play M&S London 2012. 

But this one has online....but its the winter version....but It's in HD.....but I haven't played the first winter so it's possible I might not like it.

IDK! whose buying this game? 

I'd probably buy it for like content and stuff from the dream events. Dream events has always been the highlight of the game. (for me at least)

One thing had bothered me was, that Rivals couldn't be unlocked as playable characters in the game! I can't believe they are not adding them.

Edited by jordine

I like the clones kind of look like the cosmic clones from Mario Galaxy...
CosmicCloneSMG2.png

Edited by -Paradox-

Well... Here's the full intro!

Eeeeeeeeyup! In all it's... fullness.

Edit:

And here's the full opening for Legends Showdown Opening.

Also here's the full website!

http://www.olympicvideogames.com/en_GB/index.html

Edited by YoshiUnity's Mansion

Honestly I'm still bummed about the lack of no new characters, oh come on, its not that hard!

on upside legends showdown looks cool

So the site confirms that the Bullet Bill Sledge Race takes place on Sweet Mountain. Should be a very pretty event, then. Cool new character art, too, even though most of them are just pieces of larger group shots.

Oh, hey. New art renders.

A lot of those character pairings don't make sense unlike the groups chosen for London's 3DS system.

char_07.png

Waluigi looks torn between wanting to kick Luigi's ass and wanting to go after the puck. everybody knows that hockey stick above the waist = penalty.

char_06.png

First time we have seen art of Wario on the Skeleton.

Edited by Scheming Minor

^^^ Tails looks like he's just like "What?!?"

Wonder why everybody but Waluigi's greyed out on that picture...

What the fuck did I just watch? 30 seconds of some lame-ass in-game lazy cutscene with Sonic and Mario?! Is that for real?! Is it THE intro movie for the game? Like, COME ON!

I hope it's just some other stuff. Having this bullshit after 3 amazing long CGI intros in previous games is devastating.

^^^ Tails looks like he's just like "What?!?"

Wonder why everybody but Waluigi's greyed out on that picture...

Because it was taken from Waluigi's profile. If it had been Luigi's profile, he would have been in colour instead.

Yes, they were that lazy that they couldn't separate the assets.

What the fuck did I just watch? 30 seconds of some lame-ass in-game lazy cutscene with Sonic and Mario?! Is that for real?! Is it THE intro movie for the game? Like, COME ON!

I hope it's just some other stuff. Having this bullshit after 3 amazing long CGI intros in previous games is devastating.

What is it with you and CGI?
  • Thumbs Up 2

What is it with you and CGI?

I love CGI. What is it with you having problems with that?

Seriously, SEGA's been cutting all possible corners and spending as little money on games as possible. They got rid of vocal themes, now there's almost no CGI - something that was always amazing to look at in Sonic games.

It wouldn't be a problem if there were no CGI intros in previous installments of M&S olympics. Thing is, there were outstanding CGI intros in every single one but this.

Maybe they can't afford to have extensive CGI cutscenes in every game.

They don't come free.

Yup, they can't afford anything in their games lately when they could do that easily all those years before. We're talking about the spin-off series that sells like hot cakes and they still can't afford it? xD And people STILL think they're spending the money on improving the gameplay experience™.

............then you get a game worthy of 6/10, lol. Truly doing their best, right.

Edited by ArtFenix

In other news, tons of gameplay clips have hit the internet. Sweet Mountain is featured in the game as a dream event. Visually it looks just like a HD upgrade. Pretty true to the original. The soundtrack has also been remixed a bit. There's some instrument changes, as well as some slight melody changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzLWGDCm-j0

In other news, tons of gameplay clips have hit the internet. Sweet Mountain is featured in the game as a dream event. Visually it looks just like a HD upgrade. Pretty true to the original. The soundtrack has also been remixed a bit. There's some instrument changes, as well as some slight melody changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzLWGDCm-j0

hey look its podracing, bullet bill style!!

Yup, they can't afford anything in their games lately when they could do that easily all those years before.

Cause they've been losing money? The game industry has been going through some bad times of late.

Where do you propose they get this money from?

We're talking about the spin-off series that sells like hot cakes and they still can't afford it? xD And people STILL think they're spending the money on improving the gameplay experience™.

Yeah, because money spent and the number of CGI cutscenes really affects the quality of a game.

............then you get a game worthy of 6/10, lol. Truly doing their best, right.

Yeah, just how expensive CGI cutscenes bought Shadow 5.1/10, Sonic 06 4.6/10 and Unleashed a fabulous 6/10. Money well spent, am I right?

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 9

Still down about no new characters in M&S2014... I mean seriously come on nintendo and sega, adding 4-8 new characters is not that hard, and how about Espio, or Cream or even Marine? (or this would be a great place for some forgotten characters like Nack to be revived in as well, or Bark as a new power character XD)

icon_lock.pngAdd / Show comments (

or how about Stanley the exterminator on the Mario side, or Dixie Kong

Did I just see....SWEET MOUNTAIN?!!!! YES!!! I know I said I was hoping the modern choice was Crisis City, buy dang it Sweet Mtn. Deserves some love! I didn't get to see it in generations, so I'm happy about this! Also, any sign of the deadly 6 making a appearance in this yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

Still down about no new characters in M&S2014... I mean seriously come on nintendo and sega, adding 4-8 new characters is not that hard, and how about Espio, or Cream or even Marine? (or this would be a great place for

some forgotten characters like Nack to be revived in as well, or Bark as a new power character XD)

B-b-but they have no money to create any more characters or dream events!((((((((((((((

Cause they've been losing money? The game industry has been going through some bad times of late.

Where do you propose they get this money from?

Oh , please! Are we talking about some unknown struggling indie developers??? The game is being supported not even by one, but by TWO gaming industrie LEGENDS! How poor do you think they are to make ONE CGI intro for a game that will sell like hot cakes?

Yeah, because money spent and the number of CGI cutscenes really affects the quality of a game.

Yes, it kinda does. You see, they used to think that way, like "Oh hey guys, just imagine how awesome it would be if we made a beautiful CGI intro! What if we added a vocal track?" They did everything to improve their games and fill them with as much as they could to provide better experience. Now they're omitting everything. Gameplay is important but without everything else the game will not be as as great as it could be. Thinking otherwise may as well bring us back to playing Tetris.

Yeah, just how expensive CGI cutscenes bought Shadow 5.1/10, Sonic 06 4.6/10 and Unleashed a fabulous 6/10. Money well spent, am I right?

I will just say that I was talking about SLoW which had a lot of "meh" score. Yeah, like those games except they had a lot more to them but SLoW didn't get much better even by omitting so many things and supposedly spending that money on improving the gameplay experience™. You still got a mess of a game.

I believe I make a point but I can clearly see you will keep defending the company and up-voting those who have better reputation no matter if they actually make a point or not.

Anyway, I do think them not making a CGI intro is stupidly lazy and I see no decent excuse for them for doing that. Your point of view I already know just by looking at up-votes. No need to keeping this debate any longer.

Edited by ArtFenix

I'd understand your point ArtFenix if the in game models were like Adventures models, but there isn't really a lot of difference between the looks of the two types anymore, myself I can only see a slight difference, of course I don't have a trained eye, but neither do a lot of people.

Maybe that's why there isn't any? The graphical fidelity of the models has increased since the days of Shadow and 06 that had a lot of CGi so maybe they feel they don't need to do CGI to create those "wow" moments anymore? I dunno

All I can see is Art trying to get the last word on everything. Eh, whatever, I'm not getting involved in that.

I actually don't think I'll buy the game due to what's going on in Russia at the moment with the abuse of homosexuals. I don't think the game should have Sochi branding at all, it should have just been stripped and renamed as "Mario & Sonic At The 2014 Winter Olympic Games" or something like that. Quite frankly, Russia doesn't deserve to get fame for what's going on in their country at the moment, but it's not really SEGA or Nintendo's fault. It's really the IOC moving forward with their decision to host the games in Russia, so I don't want to support a game that will give them revenue for going through with the decision.

That's probably just me though.