Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

Good god this game has alot of character, I wish they were this characteristic in their own games (well they sort of are just without many of the characters).

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. That is a REALLY cool bit of detail. They could've just gone with the same generic victory poses for every character like they did in the past games, but to see them actually go to the trouble to make unique interaction animations between characters is very much appreciated. Kudos to Sega! Love the ones between the enemies like Sonic/Eggman and Mario/Bowser. XD

Edited by CC14 the Fifth Turtle

I laughed out so hard when I saw the Dr. Eggman - Metal Sonic animation when I was playing...I just love this kind of details.

That's not all of the special celebrations, because I saw a video where Blaze acts indifferently to Daisy when they win.

I was hoping to see Sonic & Knuckles' animations in that. Those were really good! The one with Sonic and Amy made me laugh! :D

Edited by Indigo Rush

What did mario and DK do at the end? Anyways that's a pretty cool feature that they added

Edited by Dejimon11

Mario&peach and Sonic&Amy gets different poses in the figure skating pairs.

Heres another small detail, if listen to the crowd they will call out the player you are playing,

I was just playing as luigi, you'll here "Go luigi!" "Yay luigi" 

A nice touch would of been them saying "it's the year of luigi!"

Oh...do they do a special celebration with teams of more than 2? (Like Ice hockey or some other sport that has larger teams)

I doubt it, but I'll try it out.

Edit: I did Sonic, Mario, Tails, Luigi

nothing new Sonic and mario were doing there poses and luigi and tails on opposite sides waving to fans.

I'll try the ladies just in case

Edit: same with them too, not gonna bother with the baddies.

Edited by jordine

I doubt it, but I'll try it out.

Edit: I did Sonic, Mario, Tails, Luigi

nothing new Sonic and mario were doing there poses and luigi and tails on opposite sides waving to fans.

I'll try the ladies just in case

Edit: same with them too, not gonna bother with the baddies.

Someone needs to try Eggman x Waluigi and/or Eggman x Wario.

Heard that Luigi x Daisy doesn't have one (whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?)

these are pretty awesome my favorites hands down are Sonic & Eggman and Mario & Donkey Kong also Knux & Vectors was pretty cool too XD

Aw, I wanted Shadow to kick Silver in the back of the head. Peach and Amy's celebration was easily my favorite though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Heard that Luigi x Daisy doesn't have one (whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?)

Oh, screw it. This is stupid. I mean...you have Knuckles/Donkey Kong but not Luigi/Daisy?

The game scored 49% from ONM. The final breakdown was as follows:

- Almost universally abject controls

- The mini-games you've struggled with before

+ Classy, TV show style to menu and games

"A series so successful it sees no need to improve beyond its template, even for new hardware. It gets the gold medal for pig-headedness, at least"

The game scored 49% from ONM. The final breakdown was as follows:

- Almost universally abject controls

- The mini-games you've struggled with before

+ Classy, TV show style to menu and games

"A series so successful it sees no need to improve beyond its template, even for new hardware. It gets the gold medal for pig-headedness, at least"

Seems like more personal issues from the wording.

these are pretty awesome my favorites hands down are Sonic & Eggman and Mario & Donkey Kong also Knux & Vectors was pretty cool too XD

That's really cool! With all of these characters on board the one thing I've been hoping for them to do is actually interact with one another, and these celebratory gestures do the trick with the dances, hi-fives and unison poses, even with the apprehension at times. Overall it is full of character despite it happening for just a few seconds. It's a minor thing but this is a very nice touch with this that brought a big smile on my face seeing the teams celebrate together. smile.png

Despite the mediocre scores of Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, I'm honestly not deterred from buying the game. Issues aside, the game still looks fun to me. Also that music...it sounds great! And besides, the Mario & Sonic series games are the ONLY games that my 8 and 7 year old nephews and 6 year old niece can play together without going at each other's throats. So seeing how the games have seemed to be a peacekeeper for them is another reason to get this game as well. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Seeing as the game is out in the US as well now (anyone else bought it? Please say yes XD)... for those wanting another definitive verdict on the game, we'll have our review up on TSS sometime later this week :)

Stay tuned!

The only headache in this game for me is swicthing from gamepad to Wii mote to gamepad over and over.

So.......Anyone want to compete here? I'm down for it. 

My best event is the Freestyle ski cross.

Nintendo ID: Jordine

Edited by jordine

Seeing as the game is out in the US as well now (anyone else bought it? Please say yes XD)...

My copy is in the mail. Taking its dear sweet time, but I got papers to write anyway so no big loss.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

The only headache in this game for me is swicthing from gamepad to Wii mote to gamepad over and over.

So.......Anyone want to compete here? I'm down for it. 

My best event is the Freestyle ski cross.

Nintendo ID: Jordine

Yeah, thats also the only real bugger that I have with it (looking at videos mind you). Kind of wish it was like its wii counterpart that has alternate controls for each sport.

...So anyone got this challenge...?

F5xWnbM.jpg?1

The last one from the second column...The Figure Skating Pairs one...Do I need to use two wiimotes plus? I tried playing all by my own but it seems its useless...

Btw, if anyone's up for sharing some records...My NNID is Sephys00 :D

...So anyone got this challenge...?

F5xWnbM.jpg?1

The last one from the second column...The Figure Skating Pairs one...Do I need to use two wiimotes plus? I tried playing all by my own but it seems its useless...

Btw, if anyone's up for sharing some records...My NNID is Sephys00 biggrin.png

Says right there, two player only.