Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

I really hope they announce a 3DS version somewhere down the line. I've always enjoyed the portable version more, but that's probably down to my M.E. and thus lack of energy for Wii controls laugh.png

..Wii U exclusive? Well shit.

That sounds like a deliberate move on Nintendo's part of shift Wii U sales. Is this game really a system seller though?

It probably is for the more casual crowd.

Kid: "Hey mummy, I want the new Mario & Sonic game!"

Mum: "OK Jimmy, you've been a good boy so I'll get it for you"

Store Assistant: "You need a Wii U to play that on, you know"

Mum: "We need a new console to play this on?! I don't know if I have the money..."

Kid: "But you said you'd buy it for me! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Mum: "OK, OK, please stop crying, I'll buy it...!"

Nintendo's marketing strategy in a nutshell.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, I'll be stoked.

Apart from the first one, I've only played multiplayer in the other two Wii versions.

I'm guessing this will be a push for the WiiU, as come E3, I'll know what console I want. And if the partnership really is SEGA-Nintendo all the way, I'll do what I did last generation. Nintendo for five years before getting the Playstation or Xbox.

I don't see bears in earflaps and Vodka advertisments anywhere in the video. Sega, you've just lost a buyer.

It's gonna be different. Every track will have people with SA2 IS BEST SONIC GAME and 2006 IS LAST DECENT SONIC GAME placards. Believe me, it will be every SSMB member's worst nightmare.

This screenshot in particular has me excited:

image_55549_thumb_wide930.jpg

Wow just look at those amazing NES-like shadows!

Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 2

On another note, imagine an Eggman and Amy team up XD or better yet Eggman and bowser

Or Sonic and Shadow. Sonadow shippers are gonna have a field day with this event.

• Thumbs Up 1

I forgot this was a thing.

I do like the visuals. I really wish I was more interested in this series, but I really have no one to play with so meh.

So... what are the chances of them actually including online multiplayer this time around?

So... what are the chances of them actually including online multiplayer this time around?

Depends, does the Wii U still use friend codes?

Well, they're finally including Wii MotionPlus, it would make sense to add online in as well while they're there.

WiiU uses a Nintendo Network ID, much similar to the PSN or XBL ID's. However, I think they are locked to one console only.

But yes, the online with Nintendo has moved from Friend Codes. Just not expanded any more than that.

For the online, maybe. I guess there comes a time when multiplayer in a multi-sports game finally becomes a big thing. After all, SEGA's London 2012 Olympics game has online multiplayer for 8.

Ok, so Bowser Jr is new for eggman, now what other new ones are we going to get for both sides? Birdo for mario perhaps XD

How about some forgotten characters for Sonic!

Ok, so Bowser Jr is new for eggman, now what other new ones are we going to get for both sides? Birdo for mario perhaps XD

How about some forgotten characters for Sonic!

Bowser Jr's been in the Mario & Sonic games since the first Winter Olympics title. No new characters (if any) have been confirmed yet.

leave it to this franchise to find a way to emasculate Shadow even worse than watching him prance around with a ribbon. lol.

Well, this series did print money so no surprise we are seeing it again. My short list of wanted items is pretty much focused around more characters (why put the time into modeling rivals if your not going to make them playable?) and a London 3DS esc story/mission mode.

Being a russian I was hoping they'd announce the game so now I'm happy that they have announced it =^_^=' !

Woun, Fenix, and I Russian club

ALSO HERE'S THE ND

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 6

Woun, Fenix, and I Russian club

ALSO HERE'S THE E3

I thought you were from Canada?:)

Parents are Russian, I was born in Canada.

(go russia)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, I'm liking everything so far, Dream events are already coming along nicely, and that mix up event looks like it'll be the greatest thing ever. Now all I need is some online confirmation and some new characters (Hopefully some of the judges and rivals) and I'm all set!

Being a russian I was hoping they'd announce the game so now I'm happy that they have announced it =happy.png=' !

The lack of Russian stereotypes still makes me sad.

//

Без клюквы как-то неинтересно.

Edited by Nik1895

Thank God there are no such things.

Parents are Russian, I was born in Canada.

That's very cool!

So speed highway is going to be one o the dream tracks...cool? I mean I was hoping for something NEW to be remade. And speed highway literally feels like Radical highway 2.0. I really hope they have new stages remade.(oh please no seaside hill. PLEASE!)

This will improve on the prior game due to the new platform, which is probably what is ultimately marketing it. The gimmicks as well.

I've always wanted to get the latter two Olympic games as they look buckets better than the first one, but never got around to it. Will probably get this one, simply to help justify a Wii U purchase. I liked what I saw in the Nintendo Direct video if nothing else.