Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

Or Sonic and Shadow. Sonadow shippers are gonna have a field day with this event.

Actually, as soon as I saw this feature in the game, I knew a ton of people would recognize it as the first chance for fans to make their ships ever closer to canon. Maybe I recognized this quickly because I'm so active on Tumblr...

Anyways, if I even manage to get enough money for a Wii U, I would so buy this game and then pair up Sonic and Blaze. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is only 1-4 players?

A little disappointed. Would have been awesome to see 5 players. Especially with how well 4 players on TV and 1 Gamepad scales better than 3 players on TV and 1 on Gamepad.

I wonder if some of the music from Lost World will be used in this....

Maybe, but I doubt it. If I recall the games don't include tracks from the most recent Sonic game.

Sonic Colors music was in the 2012 Olympics. Since Generations only had a handful of new tracks we're kind of dry in that department.

2016 Olympics is sure to have Lost World music, however!

Here's hoping whatever music gets in is remixed. The remixes are one of the cool things about the Olympics titles to me... always sad when they just port the original track over.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

And again i most likely won't be getting a wii u. But i kinda like the M&S Olympic game series.

Well, no 3DS version is damn disappointing, because there likely isn't a story mode either, so much for character interaction being here instead of Lost World. :<   Although there's only 24 events, so maybe...

Still, that was all gameplay so a  full CGI trailer is likely yet to be revealed. They are being secretive this year.

Screenshots from the Wii U Trailer:

1000px-M%26S_2014_Trailer_Helicopter.png

The helicopter at the beginning of the trailer.

1000px-M%26S_2014_Trailer_Ski_Jump.png

Sonic, Mario, Knuckles, and Waluigi preparing for the Ski Jump event.

1000px-M%26S_2014_Trailer_Sonic_Ski.png

A close-up on Sonic prior to the Ski Jump event

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_Mario_Ski.png

Mario at the Ski Jump event.

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_Luigi_Skating.png

Luigi at an ice skating event.

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_Dancing.png

Sonic and Peach figure skating together. Sonic x Peach is now official

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_Curling.png

Bowser and Dr. Eggman at a curling event.

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_New_Snowboard.png

Sonic performing the newest event, the "Snowboard Sloperstyle."

1000px-MS_2014_Trailer_Snowboard.png

Mario performing at the newest event, "Snowboard Slopestyle".

No 3DS version is probably a deliberate attempt to shift Wii Us.

I seriously hope it works, this game does have sales potential.

Hmm...No CGI in the trailer. Strange. Normally they do that.

Anyway, I really hope there is a story or something in this. That would be a dumbass idea to take out one of the things people liked most about this franchise.

Wait, now they made the official video private?

No they didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNjiFt7Xgw

^ lol

Yeah, the lack of a 3DS version is really weird. This series absolutely prints money. The could probably blow through a shoddy inferior version and still watch it fly off the shelves (not that it would be a better alternative to not making one at all).

Nice to see skeleton back, thats always cool, and hockey is shaping up nicely. Still no release date though. Over under on this coming out before Lost World?

Still no release date though. Over under on this coming out before Lost World?

Fact sheet: November 2013

Still really weird that they're using the Secret Rings / Black Knight models for the Sonic characters instead of the proper ones. I guess thats a good thing to me though, because everyone except Sonic and Eggman looks better with those models IMO. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Where is my CG trailer?! :(

Seriously, this trailer sucks. Nothing new was shown. I was expecting an awesome CG trailer featuring a couple of new characters. THAT would be amazing. I hope they make one next time. They better do.

I don't think the 2012 Olympics game sold anywhere near poorly on the 3DS, so I'm definitely agreeing with SuperLink on this one- Wii U exclusive is a definite effort to to sell the system. 

No doubt about it, especially in the UK where Wii U sales are apparently lagging even worse than elsewhere. 

I would've enjoyed that trailer better if Eggman and Bowser were the ones figure skating.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to laugh at how whoever planned out the gameplay footage knew the beast they could potentially unleash and sidestepped it.

Double post, but it's entirely unrelated.

If what Indigo suspects about that Sonic Urals thing is right, would that deconfirm the Deadly Six appearing in the game at all?

• 3 weeks later...

Box:

240208b.jpg

I do believe this is the very first game in NA to have Sonic on the box with Nintendo's logo on the front. Nintendo's logo is NOT on Lost World.