Woun

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Haha, the boxart is awesome! I love that it features Knuckles and Peach over Tails and Luigi.

Nintendo is publishing this?!?

Maybe they thought Nintendo = Sells.

Remember, it's part of the Nintendo+SEGA 3 deal partnership, which is a Nintendo effort to push sales for their system.

The publishing deal however is only for Europe, so it's quite surprising to see Nintendo's name on the boxart and not SEGA's. I would have at least expected to see both if Ninendo's name was going to be on there.

At this rate, it really feels like Nintendo wants to adopt Sonic.

The publishing deal however is only for Europe, so it's quite surprising to see Nintendo's name on the boxart and not SEGA's. I would have at least expected to see both if Ninendo's name was going to be on there.

But the boxart has ESRB. ESRB = America.

The snowboarding looks like it has a much better sense of speed then I remember from the last game. Even though the player got dusted (lol go Sonic) He was moving at a pretty good clip. That bodes well for the rest of the game.

Bobsled continues to be a meh fest though. The only decent thing about that event was that you could control it with your butt. My balance board has collected so much dust that I'm not sure if its worth inciting my allergies by dragging that piece of garbage out of whatever hole I buried it in.

No 3DS version? Didn't all the prior games have handheld versions though?

Did they sell that poorly? As memory serves, the handheld versions were a cashin on the desire for more characters and story in a more simplistic area, actually having semblances of a plot instead of just being a spinoff.

With regards to Hogfather's comment on how little folks care: this is the fourth game. I think these games have been released with such frequency that many folks are probably just not as enthused about it anymore.

That said it is looking fairly pretty if nothing else, and I'll be getting it just to help justify the cost of a Wii U.

No 3DS version? Didn't all the prior games have handheld versions though?

Did they sell that poorly? As memory serves, the handheld versions were a cashin on the desire for more characters and story in a more simplistic area, actually having semblances of a plot instead of just being a spinoff.

No 3DS version = People have to buy a Wii U to play

Edited by Blue Blood

No 3DS version = People have to buy a Wii U to play

Basically yes.

The handheld versions always sell amazingly so it's got nothing to do with that, this is just an extra attempt to make people buy a Wii U. Sneaky, but clever.

I hope ShopTo doesn't get in too much trouble for listing it on 3DS.

(And Amazon who also have it)

Edited by SuperLink

Been live for several hours... just goes to show you how little anyone cares for this one.

Nobody cares about these probably because this is the exact same demo as shown during E3, featuring Snowboard Cross, Bobsled and Championship Race. You can't even select your character in this demo. Nintendo do barely advertise this game at all, so no wonders here.

I'm actually quite disappointed they didn't show a new trailer during Gamescom, but oh well. We will see everything once the game gets released, anyway.