Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games

Woun

Oh, online multiplayer. There is a kick in the pants this series needed.

Not looking good on the extra character front though... One can only hope.

Yeah, I would like some new characters as well :( perhaps some lesser known or forgotten ones maybe, or even Cream and Marine

Yeah, I would like some new characters as well sad.png perhaps some lesser known or forgotten ones maybe, or even Cream and Marine

Tikal. She needs more love.

Tikal. She needs more love.

Well so do Nack and Bark XD (and Nack showed up playable more times than her tongue.png )

Online multilayer is really what this game needed. It will drive the sales up for this game for sure now. Now im interested in getting this.

we know from the Trailer that Birdo won't be playable at all, and I assume the Sonic side recolored  characters will be the Sonic Heroes bots.

The intro showed what appears to be the whole cast, so I'm not holding my breath for more playable characters to come.

This is a shame really. They know the majority of fans want more characters to play as, and it would be very easy for them to create those, considering the popularity of the game, the fact that they're developing it just for the Wii U, and the low amount of money they're investing for marketing the game.

It's not a very big deal, ok, but it's a way to give us some fresh air.

We can still hope for secret chars to be unlocked though like Zeena for a Pow and Female rep (could boost Lost World) and Espio as All Around

characters will be the Sonic Heroes bots.

ewww.

Just say EggPawns bro. 

Anyway, I really don't see the point of doing all the work of building up rival characters like Rouge, Jet and Omega, and then deciding not to make them playable... All the assets are already built...

Ugh, they need to be secret unlockables.

The whole cast in the intro? What intro are you talking about? This looks like something reeeeeally unfinished. It looks like half-CGI in the beginning but everything else looks like some random footage (most of which we've already seen) made for trailers. There should be THE real CGI intro and thats where the whole cast should be shown. I'll be really disappointed if the final thing will look like this half-finished "CGI".

I said "what it seems to be the whole cast", it's just a guess I hope will be wrong

In the last 3 games there were presentation scenes with all the characters in there, and it never happened that more chars were unlocked

New screens!

mario_sonic_sochi-10.jpg

Here's a nice Waluaze pic!

mario_sonic_sochi-4.jpg

Also, characters covered in snow! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

mario_sonic_sochi-2.jpg

Olympic Mascot Bunny was watching the contestants race. But now he's more interested in you...! And discovering ways crack your sanity apart and devour your soul!

More here!

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-sochi-2014-olympic-winter-games-screenshots-3/

Edited by Wonder-Unity
  • Thumbs Up 1

This game looks great. Beautiful lighting, beautiful nature (for the most part).

Edited by ArtFenix

Dream Curling(You know the one with Waluigi pushing a mii in a bunny costume down rapids in the latest trailer)That's Green hill zone from Sonic Generations.

Edited by Time Eater

New screens!

mario_sonic_sochi-10.jpg

Here's a nice Waluaze pic!

mario_sonic_sochi-4.jpg

Also, characters covered in snow! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

mario_sonic_sochi-2.jpg

Olympic Mascot Bunny was watching the contestants race. But now he's more interested in you...! And discovering ways crack your sanity apart and devour your soul!

More here!

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-sochi-2014-olympic-winter-games-screenshots-3/

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Blaze is none too happy right about now. At least Waluigi is enjoying it. XP

I haven't really been covering this game that much, but I'll say that that's some beautiful stuff I'm looking at. The only thing that seems a little off is Sonic's model. Or is it just me?

mario_sonic_sochi-8.jpg

Poor Vector. Can't concentrate on the target because he caught his nose in one of his cuffs.

• Thumbs Up 6

Too bad metal sonic doesn't has his own sniper rifle but that would be too easy to defeat his copy wouldn't it

Edited by Time Eater

mario_sonic_sochi-8.jpg

Why is Metal the only one with a Gun equipped with a scope? He's technically the only one of the bunch that wouldn't really need one.

I can only assume this is one of those little things that differentiate player controlled characters vs com. Who needs a scope when you can deploy the aimbots right?

By the looks of it they better allow same-gender couples for skating, because that'll be a real tragedy and pretty messed up if they didn't.

By the looks of it they better allow same-gender couples for skating, because that'll be a real tragedy and pretty messed up if they didn't.

Wait. They didn't do that in the past 3 games?

That comment was a reference to the whole controversy surrounding Russia, the host country for the 2014 Winter Olympics, and their strong anti-gay rights movement deal.

That comment was a reference to the whole controversy surrounding Russia, the host country for the 2014 Winter Olympics, and their strong anti-gay rights movement deal.

Ah. Figures.

Regardless, it probably won't change. I'd actually be surprised if they did. Wouldn't expect SEGA or Nintendo to be affected in anyway by this. They're just supposed to make games.

So Generations Green Hill Zone and Speed Highway are confirmed for dream event stages. Wonder if we'll get a modern era stage. Would love to see Rooftop Run return.

No. This is the first game we have had legit skating partners.

Quick, someone ask SEGA on their Facebook account about this.

So Generations Green Hill Zone and Speed Highway are confirmed for dream event stages. Wonder if we'll get a modern era stage. Would love to see Rooftop Run return.

I doubt I'll buy this game, cause so far the only one I own in the series is Beijing Wii. But can't say no to another RR remix!

Unfortunately, it looks like they're confirmed not to be allowed. All of the potential humor for Bowser and Eggman showing off their gracefulness together...wasted. :(