Awoo.

Sonic CD Eu/Jp???

SuperDylan

Hey, I wanna know where I can get a European/Japanese version of Sonic CD. I'm not a fan of emulators and I'm eventually getting a Sega CD, so any ideas as to where I can buy one of these versions? Also will I need some sort of add ons for the Sega CD to play foreign games?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent York

• Jix Hedgehog

• MizukiMoon

• SuperDylan

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I wanna know where I can get a European/Japanese version of Sonic CD. I'm not a fan of emulators and I'm eventually getting a Sega CD, so any ideas as to where I can buy one of these versions? Also will I need some sort of add ons for the Sega CD to play foreign games?

Unfortunately, I do believe the SEGA CD was region-specific, but don't quote me on that. There's not really a store you could just find it at, you could try online sites like ebay, *coughcoughoruseromsandemulatorscoughcough*

Though this version of Sonic CD isn't too different. It has different present, bad future, and good future music (and theme music and side music, the past music remains the same) and there are a few graphical differences (like red water in bad future Tidal Tempest) but it isn't that different from the US one.

Edited by Dusk Golem

I got the PAL version in Australia, it had the Japanese soundtrack.. isn't the UK considered PAL territory?

You could always look up the Japanese Sonic Gems and dust off the freeloader for your GameCube... provided you have one?

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

ebay? That's the best place to look, especially ebay UK, that's where I got my European/Japanese version of Sonic CD. I'm really not sure if you'll need some kind of add on, though. Although I'm almost sure you need an action replay type thing to play Genesis games on a Mega Drive (or vice versa), so it's probably the same for a Mega CD.