Awoo.

Nintendo Exclusive for Next Three Sonic Games

Sapphire the Hedgehog

Wow people getting buthurt over my opinion. Well if that screenshot doesn't look like Mario Galaxy to you then you must be blind. And I am calm

Honestly seems like a pretty risky move. Wonder how much money Nintendo threw at them.

Wow people getting buthurt over my opinion. Well if that screenshot doesn't look like Mario Galaxy to you then you must be blind. And I am calm

You are the one getting buthurt... Over a fucking game.

If the three games yield good financial results, y'all can bet your sweet ass that SEGA and Ninty will continue being bros. 

Considering Sonic games traditionally sell the best on Nintendo consoles (even Transformed sold best on the Wii U)? They'll probably sell well, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 2

At least this gives me reasons to get the Wii U. I already have a 3DS, so I'm all set there. The new M&S actually looks pretty good. I didn't get either version of the London one, but I really enjoyed the last Winter Olympics game compared to the first normal Olympics one, and this looks even better.

Can't wait to see more of Lost World and I like the level tropes if that planet thing is anything to go by. 

I don't really see it being all that risky... how well did past games fare on X-Box and Playstation consoles in comparison to the cost to port them? Ever since Sega went third-party Sonic has ALWAYS fared better on Nintendo consoles.

Either way, this is only for THREE games. At least for now. So what are people getting up in a fuss about?

And as for Sonic Lost World, Mario Galaxy? Sonic Colors was more of a Mario Galaxy ripoff (read: none) than this is. This looks far closer to Sonic CD as far as the design of the planet goes.

• Thumbs Up 2

If the three games yield good financial results, y'all can bet your sweet ass that SEGA and Ninty will continue being bros. 

Considering the current state of the Wii U and the question of if it will even do better at all towards the end of the year, I'm not sure it'll do as well as SEGA are hoping.

But the 3DS version will definitely do well if it's marketed well enough.

You are the one getting buthurt... Over a fucking game.
It's a forum and I stated my opinion. I am calm I just said what I think. That doesn't mean I am getting buthurt. I have a lot of other series to play.

I guess I'm blind, cause here's the that I fully agree with:

kEc9VUS.jpg

BKeQbcKCEAA06vb.jpg

?????

I'm not even a Sonic CD fan and I can see that similarity plain as day. It resembles a Sonic game, it's irrelevant that Mario has had some of his recent platformers based around planetary voyage.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Oh god damn it, SEGA! I mean, yeah. I love Nintendo and all but seriously?? I just recently dished out over $200 just so I could catch up on the Sonic titles I missed on Wii. Now I have to buy a damn'd Wii U? $300 for a new Sonic game?

Oh boy...

No biggie, just another 6 months of saving as long as Wii U has some -other- titles worth playing. I love Sonic and all but there is no way I'm dishing out those bucks just for one or two games. All I hope is that by the time I can afford -this- console "Wii X" or whatever doesn't come out with Sonic's Unleash Adventure of Lost Generations 2! x3

Here's to hoping Sonic atleast returns to the multi-platform before Xbox360 and Ps3 are completely dead. I mean I really cannot justify buying a new game console for a Sonic game...

*Another 3+ years of waiting for a Sonic Game.*

New screen just screams Mario Galaxy Ripoff so now Sonic will be just a clone of Mario I guess. Series will be even more cheesy and childish. I guess I am done with the series for a couple of years since I will not buy a Nintendo console EVER. And I think many people feel the same
And yoi.can argue mario galaxy was a rip off of sonic Xtreme

I can imagine this as completely devastating to a lot of people lol.
it is i havent been with nintendo after gamecube, im on playstation and mostly PC. But.if.two games habe already been anounced i can wait for it to.go multiplat again and stare at lost world gameplay when it comes out

Sorry bout the misspells im on andriod and im bad with this keyboard, idk how to edit.

I don't really see it being all that risky... how well did past games fare on X-Box and Playstation consoles in comparison to the cost to port them?

Since the costs to port are usually much lower than the potential sales that are gained, I'd say pretty well. Closing off a revenue stream of 140 million consoles to tie yourself up with a single console with an install base that is a tenth as much and currently has a massive image problem in the industry can backfire in what should be an amazingly obvious way.

Ever since Sega went third-party Sonic has ALWAYS fared better on Nintendo consoles.

I'd be shocked if the PS2 versions of Heroes and ShtH didn't come damn close, if not outright outsold, the Gamecube versions. And while I'm sure Unwiished outsold all the other versions, did it outsell every other version combined? No chance.

I guess I'm blind, cause here's the that I fully agree with:

I'm not even a Sonic CD fan and I can see that similarity plain as day. It resembles a Sonic game, it's irrelevant that Mario has had some of his recent platformers based around planetary voyage.

It just reminds me of the checkerboard design of Green Hill or the triangles in Palmtree Panic, but extended to an entire planetoid.

Edited by Pawn

The only downside to the news that Nintendo will be publishing in SLW in Europe is that I doubt they'll do any sort of Collectors Editions. On the flip. And it does make me won't why exactly SEGA have chosen to do this. But I honestly cannot complain. 

The only downside to the news that Nintendo will be publishing in SLW in Europe is that I doubt they'll do any sort of Collectors Editions. On the flip. And it does make me won't why exactly SEGA have chosen to do this. But I honestly cannot complain. 

Have SEGA ever done Collector's Editions for anything other than SA2 and Generations?  I always assumed Generations' CE was quite a big fanservice to them, majority of gamers wouldn't care.

I can't be the only one who is speechless about this exclusive announcement.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well looks like I'm not going to be getting a new Sonic game for around 3 years then.

Sorry but I think this deal is completely stupid in every respect. Just about every other development studio has announce it's dropping support for the Wii-U and Sega goes and announces an exclusive deal with this and Yakuza HD.

I don't care what the franchise is, there is no way I will buy a Wii-U given it's current state.

Thank you for speaking my mind. Wanted to say this but I was just too shocked/speechless.

I've got both a 3DS and a Wii U, so I'll be able to get them.

BTW, isn't the third game Sonic Rush 5 Sonic: Lost World 3DS? Or does that not count?

3 titles doesn't mean three years. Given Lost World and Olympics are likely out this year, it'll probably last a year at most.

Well looks like I'm not going to be getting a new Sonic game for around 3 years then.

Sorry but I think this deal is completely stupid in every respect. Just about every other development studio has announce it's dropping support for the Wii-U and Sega goes and announces an exclusive deal with this and Yakuza HD.

I don't care what the franchise is, there is no way I will buy a Wii-U given it's current state.

So if you don't care about any franchise, I guess there's no way you'll buy a Wii U ever, then. :> Gee whiz, Iwata better resign now that there is nothing he can do, ever.

How on earth did nintendo manage to dig a hole this deep without their system even being out for a year? First year ps2 was so ass and sony managed to hold public opinion somehow... 

• Thumbs Up 4

Looks like I'll be sticking with the 3DS version (unless by some miracle it's announced for other consoles and/or PC), which will more than likely be a shitty 2D cash-in made by Dimps. Also, this game better be longer than 2-3 hours, since a lot of people here are going to have to shell out quite a bit of cash for the Wii U version. $50-60 for a 2 hour game is bullshit, SEGA.

Edited by Tomoki