Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

It will be interesting to see what happens, and I have my fingers crossed on a number of things. Do have to same I am all for multiple playable characters though. Also when we find out the origin of this lost world, and if it actualy has relations to 'lost or forgotten' concepts and ideas, then perhaps some of my hopes will be justified

I suspect that it'll be like Colours where it's Sonic and Tails vs Eggman except with these guardians who will likely end up as bosses that have slight justification other than "random robot number 435345". But they won't contribute a lot more than that, only perhaps something central to a plot twist at the end of the game.

Also Mando man stop going on about "lost characters" and Nack. We get it already. Give it a rest.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Guys, don't hold your breath for Knuckles just because they used the word "guardian". There can be guardians of any number of things which may have not have anything to do with each other; it is a generic title for "one who guards" and there is no reason to assume one guardian has any relation to any other.

Stop killing their fun Diogenes. Wait till we get the info before you do that. tongue.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

*Eggman is kicked to the sidelines for over a decade*

"We want Eggman to be the main villain again!"

*Eggman is the main villain for a mere two games in a row*

"We're tired of Eggman being the main villain!"

Uh...

EDIT: That said, I'm fine with more complex stories. But I happen to think Eggman is capable of carrying the main antagonist role in such a story. 

In any case, whether he's the primary antagonist or not, I'm sure we'll at least see him here; And at the end of the day, the Doc getting some memorable (and often hilarious) screentime is what really matters to me, whether we fight him at the end or not.

Edited by Ice King

Did anyone say that? Ever? The series could do with more villains, that's all. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was actually a stage with dinosaurs in this game?

Sonic in Jurassic Park coming soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3-km_JJlSIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3-km_JJlSIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3-km_JJlSI

That would be my favorite stage in the game and a T.Rex would probably chase Sonic around.

Edit: There is already

in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Edited by Kareemadeem

We've only had Eggman as the main bad guy for 2 games since they stopped letting the Monster of the Week take over as the final boss. When the hell did people suddenly change their minds on him now?

Hmm, hexagons... Eureka. The story will obviously be about the evolution of society in Sonic's world over the course of centuries against the Eggman Empire. Look at the evidence, people:

You know, I actually really want this.

Shame Sonic doesn't fit well with the turn-based strategy genre, because good lord I'd want it.

I'm curious to find out what the hexagons all mean.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

*Eggman is kicked to the sidelines for over a decade*

"We want Eggman to be the main villain again!"

*Eggman is the main villain for a mere two games in a row*

Uh...

EDIT: That said, I'm fine with more complex stories. But I happen to think Eggman is capable of carrying the main antagonist role in such a story. 

In any case, whether he's the primary antagonist or not, I'm sure we'll at least see him here; And at the end of the day, the Doc getting some memorable (and often hilarious) screentime is what really matters to me, whether we fight him at the end or not.

So wanting more villains means we don't want Eggman? Seems legit.

So wanting more villains means we don't want Eggman? Seems legit.

Remember that game idea I came up with a year ago and I decided to have the GBK and Ox as antagonists in addition to Eggman? In that story, while Sonic and friends battled the other villains, but Eggman still remained the central threat. I'd be fine with other baddies if something along the lines of that happened.

Remember that game idea I came up with a year ago and I decided to have the GBK and Ox as antagonists in addition to Eggman? In that story, while Sonic and friends battled the other villains, but Eggman still remained the central threat. I'd be fine with other baddies if something along the lines of that happened.

Alternately, Eggman doesn't always have to be the main villain, or even a threat.

Yeah, It's a slight possibility Eggman will likely be in the game, but not the main villain, kinda in similarity to Bowser in a number of the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games was reduced to being a Team Rocket style annoyance, being used by the main villain or comic relief  stuff and/or will join up with the Main Heroes to beat the major threat.

Best to consider all possibilities for what's gonna go on in this game. 

I predict the same plot as Colors but on this planet thing instead of a space theme park. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Story Speculation: Amy and Tails are kidnapped by a mysterious enemy and taken to the Lost World and Sonic has to save them. 

Story Speculation: Amy and Tails are kidnapped by a mysterious enemy and taken to the Lost World and Sonic has to save them. 

...Tails right there with Sonic in the screenshot...

3tornadocompare.png

Then who's piloting the Tornado in the Lost World screenshot on the right?

Edited by Kareemadeem
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think it looks about as much like a toy plane as it ever has.

I don't get why people thought the Tornado looked so bad in Unleashed and Generations, but I will agree that the classic design is best simply because of the silver wings offering a bit of colour balance. The slight revamp for LW looks nice too.

Edited by Blue Blood

That's pretty much why I didn't like the Unleashed version as much - colour balance, or lack of it. The new paint job looks nice.

I just like the original Tornado because it looks so much like a 40s fighter biplane. Going back to that, plus coloring it the way they did in this teaser picture just looks too awesome.

(On another note, I wish Tails would wear goggles while flying (ala OVA) though since it would look cool, but I guess he's gone faster speeds and greater elevations without them, so it'd be kinda redundant. :v)

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1