Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

I don't get why people thought the Tornado looked so bad in Unleashed and Generations, but I will agree that the classic design is best simply because of the silver wings offering a bit of colour balance. The slight revamp for LW looks nice too.

I never thought it looked bad, just that it looked like a toy. I do agree the color balancing makes the classic look better.

Miles Prower: Flight and piloting fashionista. I dig it. :v

I sure hope this game has enough of a story. Its really anticlimactic building up a game with such neat and interesting concepts of a hexagonal, foreign planet, giving the player all these ideas on how this could be a cool thing.. and then it turns up to just be your run-of-the-mill "beat up Eggman's robots, save the day, the end" game with a random gimmick slapped on.

Whatever cutscenes we get, I hope for more expression, more emotion. I don't wanna watch Sonic and Tails standing still, keeping the same facial expressions at all times while cutting jokes and not taking anything seriously. That just cuts all ties to a feeling of urgency and makes it more like an easy-going Saturday morning cartoon. Tension is fun! And characters can have fun or be playful even when put under it. I want plot twists, I want changes to the story, I want Sonic and Tails to do something important, and I want Eggman to crank it up a notch at every turn they up their game! 

And on top of that (NITPICK ALERT), I want it to be well animated. Let me bring that up again: please, just let it be. You're on next gen consoles and aren't being rushed like you were for Colors and Gens so there's no excuse. And no, I'm not talking about doing hand gestures every 3 seconds, I mean actual facial expressions. :v I mean I'm not even completely asking for NoTW stuff, I mean just Unleashed-like stuff is good enough for me!

Jeez, I sound like a broken record. I blame the rapid amounts of "What would you do in a Sonic game?" topics we've had in the past two years. tongue.png

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 3

I never thought it looked bad, just that it looked like a toy. I do agree the color balancing makes the classic look better.

First time I've heard about people thinkin' it was bad, personally I never had a problem with it.

Jeez, I sound like a broken record. I blame the rapid amounts of "What would you do in a Sonic game?" topics we've had in the past two years. tongue.png

If I know Sega, it's that they will eventually cave and make a decision based on the supposed popularity of that decision with the public. So you keep being a broken record. I'll join you in chorus.

• Thumbs Up 1

But Tails is piloting the plane.

Unless... it is an evil twin from an alternate dimension that has kidnapped and impersonated our two-tailed friend, all to manipulate Sonic in a plan to take over the Lost World!tongue.png

Unless... it is an evil twin from an alternate dimension that has kidnapped and impersonated our two-tailed friend, all to manipulate Sonic in a plan to take over the Lost World!tongue.png

Wouldn't that be Tails Doll?

Tails_Doll__Only_Me_by_slimthrowed.png

Sweet Dreams!

I'm getting tired of this.....

Me to. Obviously It was Classic Tails who Kidnapped the real Tails.

classic_tails_by_mike9711-d55131d.png

Edited by Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 6

From that teaser image, I have a strong feeling the story is going to have something to do with Sonic and Tails finding a way to put this 'Lost World' together again. And if I'm wrong.... Well, that will be very surprising.

From that teaser image, I have a strong feeling the story is going to have something to do with Sonic and Tails finding a way to put this 'Lost World' together again. And if I'm wrong.... Well, that will be very surprising.

I figured that would be likely. Although, that said, other old friends have been confirmed to appear in this game, so maybe someone like Knuckles could appear as a playable character?

I figured that would be likely. Although, that said, other old friends have been confirmed to appear in this game, so maybe someone like Knuckles could appear as a playable character?

Don't read so much into an off-hand PR comment. "Old friends" doesn't have to mean anything more than just Tails, and doesn't come close to suggesting that anyone other than Sonic will be playable.

Edited by Blue Blood

Don't read so much into an off-hand PR comment. "Old friends" doesn't have to mean anything more than just Tails, and doesn't come close to suggesting that anyone other than Sonic will be playable.

Fair enough. I shouldn't get my hopes up.

"...he'll have his same friends there"

Still...a little curious as to why he said "friends" as opposed to "a friend".

Just because of that detail alone, I don't think it's inappropriate to speculate about
other characters.

Even if it's off-hand, I think that'd be a pretty cruel slip up for people who want to see the characters back.

I don't know...I remember when Colours was announced, they said Tails was going to be the only Sonic friend to be in the game. It's not the case this time.

But still, I'm not expecting Tails or Knuckles being playable this time either.

So basically rehash Sonic Unleashed's plot?

Edited by Soniman

Or it could be people reading too much into something again.

Knowing the history of this site, that's pretty much tradition.

I don't know...I remember when Colours was announced, they said Tails was going to be the only Sonic friend to be in the game. It's not the case this time.

But still, I'm not expecting Tails or Knuckles being playable this time either.

In fairness, Colours was given a standard announcement- trailer, logo, press release with details about the game etc. This game on the other hand has been given a very different announcement. It was sort of "soft announced" on a Nintendo Direct, with a lone screenshot and no details. It was mainly just a way of formally announcing the deal between Nintendo and SEGA while slightly wetting our appetites.

We just don't know enough about Lost World to make any sort of judgements.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mind you, I don't assume any other characters will be playable but Sonic, I just noticed that he chose a plural word when referring to Sonic's friends, which I think is an odd thing to do if one knows that the game has just one friend.

I still wouldn't rule out at least one other friend until the news update from Famitsu.
Edited by The Sunheart

I think that by having other characters be playable, they will choose the sonic clones(Shadow, Metal Sonic, Mighty, Espio, and whoever else plays/played like sonic in a mainstream game.(Rivals Doesn't count)

Well, if we have other characters in the story, I hope they don't pull a sonic colors and make everyone else only minor roles in one version of the game.

Edited by Dom

I think that by having other characters be playable, they will choose the sonic clones(Shadow, Metal Sonic, Mighty, Espio, and whoever else plays/played like sonic in a mainstream game.(Rivals Doesn't count)

They're not going to use a character that hasn't shown up in well over a decade just out of nowhere...

It would be a hilarious "WTF" moment if they did. :lol:

Mighty: Hey Sonic, long time no see!

Sonic: HOLY SHIT! I thought you were dead!

Mighty: No, me and Ray were just on our honeymoon.

Everyone: >_>;

Mighty: Hey Sonic, long time no see!

Sonic: HOLY SHIT! I thought you were dead!

Mighty: No, me and Ray were just on our honeymoon.

Everyone: >_>;

The powers of crazed Yaoi fanfiction...

• Thumbs Up 2

The powers of crazed Yaoi fanfiction...

Still a better story than Generations :P

• Thumbs Up 2