Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

28017soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

What the heck is that thing?

Hm, I'm willing to bet that the thing "Waluigi" here's carrying is some sort of bomb that you must stop him from detonating.

Still trying to get over that I tried to mould Sonic X-Treme into this and then it ends up looking like the Sonic X-Treme style of gameplay...what are the chances >.<

...No other playable characters?

Fudge.

But as long as Tails and them have a decent role in the story, I can kinda forgive this.

What the heck is that thing?

It reminds me of:

ghost.png

.. those little buggers. Well, when they're not all stretched.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 2

I got an idea: Sonic & his pals are chasing eggman as previously confirmed to the lost world & are attacked by The Deadly Six for tresspassing & thinking they're in leauge with eggman. That's all I got for now.

Like I was trying to say in my status but couldn't get the thing out right due to my iPhone being a finicky bastard:

If they can at least manage to make the story on par to something from a Jackie Chan Adventures episode, with likable characters who actually do something other than be talking heads, visual and verbal humor that actually work together in order to make me laugh (or at least chuckle) instead of resorting to stilted animation combined with forced jokes, or nothing happening at all, a sense that important stuff is actually happening and not a flat line of nothing interesting until the end when a brick wall shows up, and if something bad happens then actual consequences are shown instead of being shoved aside for the sake of a cheap gag, then I'll be somewhat content.

THIS IS ALL I FUCKING ASK. DON"T SCREW UP PLEASE!!!

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 3

Like I was trying to say in my status but couldn't get the thing out right due to my iPhone being a finicky bastard:

If they can at least manage to make the story on par to something from a Jackie Chan Adventures, with likable characters who actually do something other than be talking heads, visual and verbal humor that actually work together in order to make me laugh (or at least chuckle) instead of resorting to stilted animation combined with forced jokes, or nothing happening at all, and a sense that important stuff is actually happening and not a flat line of nothing interesting until the end when a brick wall shows up, and if something bad happens then actual consequences are shown instead of being shoved aside for the sake of a cheap gag, then I'll be somewhat content.

THIS IS ALL I FUCKING ASK. DON"T SCREW UP PLEASE!!!

I want to like this. But I ran out of likes. Because this is more or less what I want as well.

The Deadly Six actually have the colors of the emeralds except White. White's made by mixing all of them together so maybe Sonic represents white since he's all about teamwork and all that jazz?

As they don't explain how Sonic's friends appear it's perfectly viable that they do in fact get captured and tainted into them. We see plenty of Sonic but no Tails... and Eggman's capable of mutating beings with his technology as seen with the Nega Wisps.

As for the friends in particular... notice how only the red, pink and yellow Deadly Six attack Sonic. How odd they mentioned the friends of the same colors... wink.png Of course that would require gender bending so probably nothing of note... though from time to time in fiction it's not uncommon to transform into the opposite sex when corrupted.

Assuming no genderbending, that leaves room for six friends. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver for the male friends and Amy and Blaze for the female friends. There are four male members and two female. These are also Sega's go-to characters for the most part in party modes as memory serves.

Could be a coincidence but who knows. I just thought it was interesting... and explains why the hell his friends would be there.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I think this is all too similar to Sonic X-Treme to be coincidental at this point. There was an old scrapped version of Sonic X-Treme where Eggman was trying to harness these six beings that lived in the Chaos Emeralds, but who broke free, betrayed him, and took control of all of Eggman's robots and kidnapped Sonic's friends. These six deadly guardians match the colors of the Chaos Emeralds perfectly, the game looks like Sonic X-Treme, Robotnik and Sonic are teaming up like they were originally in this version of X-Treme (additionally I will bet Eggman's robots are under the deadly six's control), and if it turns out we're rescuing Sonic's friends in this I will be pretty suspicious this all sounds very familiar.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think this is all too similar to Sonic X-Treme to be coincidental at this point. There was an old scrapped version of Sonic X-Treme where Eggman was trying to harness these six beings that lived in the Chaos Emeralds, but who broke free, betrayed him, and took control of all of Eggman's robots and kidnapped Sonic's friends. These six deadly guardians match the colors of the Chaos Emeralds perfectly, the game looks like Sonic X-Treme, Robotnik and Sonic are teaming up like they were originally in this version of X-Treme (additionally I will bet Eggman's robots are under the deadly six's control), and if it turns out we're rescuing Sonic's friends in this I will be pretty suspicious this all sounds very familiar.

So if this happens, would you just call it Sonic X-Treme 2?

Eggman you are a genius. Teaming with Sonic to kill sonic. Work him so freaking hard that when he finally becomes exhausted, you make your move to kill him. 

shut-up-and-take-my-money2.jpg

What still bugs me is how did he escape white space.....

Guys, think about it; deadly six? Seven deadly sins?

Not!Bowser=Wrath

Waluigi=Greed(Hence why he's taking something from Sonic)

The Girl=Lust

Staff Rider= Pride

Slumpy=Sloth

Grimace= Gluttony

With the hypothetical seventh member representing Envy.

Religious references in my Sonic game? The fuck is this.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Or Waluigi is envy, and Eggman turns out to be greed.

Guys, think about it; deadly six? Seven deadly sins?

Not!Bowser=Wrath

Waluigi=Greed(Hence why he's taking something from Sonic)

The Girl=Lust

Staff Rider= Pride

Slumpy=Sloth

Grimace= Gluttony

With the hypothetical seventh member representing Envy.

Religious references in my Sonic game? The fuck is this.

Hmmm.... Nah!

Guys, think about it; deadly six? Seven deadly sins?     Not!Bowser=Wrath Waluigi=Greed(Hence why he's taking something from Sonic) The Girl=Lust Staff Rider= Pride Slumpy=Sloth Grimace= Gluttony   With the hypothetical seventh member representing Envy.     Religious references in my Sonic game? The fuck is this.
Even if this is the basis for the characters, it probably won't be outright referenced. Just a mature Easter egg sort of thing. But I've been wrong before. Is this finally the game where Tails whips out his trusty bible and goes all Linus on everybody? Time will tell.

The Deadly Six actually have the colors of the emeralds except White. White's made by mixing all of them together so maybe Sonic represents white since he's all about teamwork and all that jazz?

Uh, Slumpy is white. We just though he was cyan because of not being able to see him properly.

As they don't explain how Sonic's friends appear it's perfectly viable that they do in fact get captured and tainted into them. We see plenty of Sonic but no Tails... and Eggman's capable of mutating beings with his technology as seen with the Nega Wisps.

As for the friends in particular... notice how only the red, pink and yellow Deadly Six attack Sonic. How odd they mentioned the friends of the same colors... wink.png Of course that would require gender bending so probably nothing of note... though from time to time in fiction it's not uncommon to transform into the opposite sex when corrupted.

Assuming no genderbending, that leaves room for six friends. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver for the male friends and Amy and Blaze for the female friends. There are four male members and two female. These are also Sega's go-to characters for the most part in party modes as memory serves.

Could be a coincidence but who knows. I just thought it was interesting... and explains why the hell his friends would be there.

Given the plot we've got, that sounds implausible.

Even if this is the basis for the characters, it probably won't be outright referenced. Just a mature Easter egg sort of thing. But I've been wrong before. Is this finally the game where Tails whips out his trusty bible and goes all Linus on everybody? Time will tell.

Well obviously its not going to be outright referenced, but the implications are clearly there. And its not the first time this series has made a biblical reference.

In any case, I'm almost positive that there's a seventh, unseen guardian. Seven is the arc number of the series so its only natural.

I'm not sure the implications are inherently there, mainly because I feel Sonic Team wouldn't be holding out on a seventh member if the theme was supposed to be so intentional that they were designed with the seven sins in mind. I also don't feel a hypothetical last Guardian would be representative of Envy. Why would Envy be the sin to be elevated by final boss status? Forgetting the fact that this story is probably not going to be anything that in-depth, what elements are currently known that would justify an Envious member being top dog? What would he be envious about? And in general, wouldn't something like Wrath or Pride get first billing in that department anyway? If anything, the spikes, sharp points, mohawks, black "clothing," and emo hair on that one guy just make me think "punk rock band" more than anything.

I'm not sure the implications are inherently there, mainly because I feel Sonic Team wouldn't be holding out on a seventh member if the theme was supposed to be so intentional that they were designed with the seven sins in mind. I also don't feel a hypothetical last Guardian would be representative of Envy. Why would Envy be the sin to be elevated by final boss status? Forgetting the fact that this story is probably not going to be anything that in-depth, what elements are currently known that would justify an Envious member being top dog? What would he be envious about? And in general, wouldn't something like Wrath or Pride get first billing in that department anyway? If anything, the spikes, sharp points, mohawks, black "clothing," and emo hair on that one guy just make me think "punk rock band" more than anything.

Well there not inherently there obviously, its speculation at most. I just based on visual cues from their character animations. Envy can be a load of things; maybe he/she would be jealous of the bonds Sonic has with his friends, maybe he's jealous that they live on half a world and that Sonic lives on a whole one. I don't think each sin necessarily holds any more authority over the other; Not!Bowser may be front and center, but I didn't really see him issuing any orders. All of them could have equal authority. 

I already know the story probably isn't going to go into detail about it, it was just a thought. And its almost obvious Eggman is gonna  betray Sonic and hijack the plot anyway by the end.

The Seven Deadly Sins are not Biblical. They're derived from Biblical concepts.

And we all know Eggman is going to be the final boss....I'll be very surprised if he isn't.

Could Eggman be envy because he is jealous of Sonic(and co.) because he has friends and always wins?

If anything, the spikes, sharp points, mohawks, black "clothing," and emo hair on that one guy just make me think "punk rock band" more than anything.

Oh great. So the Deadly Six found Eggman in White Space using their Galactic Hexagonal Disco Ball, and pulled him out due to his pants resembling their pants. Eggman then finds out that their giant disco ball planet has the power of sound at it's core, and the guy who controls the power controls anything sound-based: hearing, voices, and music as well. Eggman then tried to stage a coup and gain control of the band so he could uncover the secrets to accessing this power, so he can force everyone to only hear his voice until people grow so sick of it that they give up the world to him just to make him stop. However, something goes bad and the Planet gets blown apart, so the Deadly Six are pissed, and Eggman is forced to join up with Sonic to try to break the band up before they break him.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really like the idea of Eggman teaming up with Sonic from the start. I have a feeling it'll be different from previous titles because here, they're starting off as allies, rather than Eggman being forced to help out in Last Story in order to stop the world from being destroyed or whatever.

Variety is good. After Colors and Generations, I'm fine with having another Sonic game without Eggman as the final boss again (even though it is sitll very possible he'll turn redcoat on Sonic at the last minute and be the final boss anyway).

• Thumbs Up 1