Awoo.

Gameplay Speculation Topic

Chaos Warp

Or it could be New Super Sonic Bros. U

Yup, because SEGA is bound to change the project name eventually....

Some originality would be so bad, to say the least.

Well, we have a lot to work with now.

* Regular speed, dashing and spinning

* Triggers for super speed and rolling

* Spindash-boost hybrid?

* Parkour moves, including...

* Wall running

* Ledge grabbing

* Homing attack returns

* Rapid homing attack?

* Xtreme-Galaxy style gravity level design

[EDIT]

* Wisps return

Have I missed anything?

Edited by Indigo Rush

Well, we have a lot to work with now.

* Regular speed, dashing and spinning

* Triggers for super speed and rolling

* Spindash-boost hybrid?

* Parkour moves, including...

* Wall running

* Ledge grabbing

* Homing attack returns

* Rapid homing attack?

* Xtreme-Galaxy style gravity level design

Have I missed anything?

potential Wisps?

Looking back at the trailer again when Sonic did the rapid Homing Attack on the line of Motobugs, anyone notice that Sonic and his trace move in a succession of arcs?  In all the other past games the movement/trace would've been a zigzag going up to diagonal and repeating for whatever number of chains.  Does this mean that HA finally retains some of your momentum from when you hit a foe?

I'm quite excited over the "branching paths" and "exploration" aspect of the levels. Oh, and secret exists for levels exist now too? Amazing.

According to the IGN preview, I like the idea of a parkour system. I tend to run into things a lot. :P 

I do think it's a little weird that they're bringing Wisps back though. I mean, I loved the little guys and their power ups in Colors but why would the Wisps be on Lost Hex anyway (of course unless it's explained in the story)?

I'm also not to sure about this whole "speed levels" thing. It just seems weird/confusing to me. But I'm certain we'll learn more as new info is released. 

I'm hoping that you can use elemental shields in this game again.

I thought I was the only one that desperately wanted them to bring these back!!! 

I wish the Wisp are just there as power-ups and not involved in the story at all, and not even appearing in their original form.

the Cyan Wisp orb could be a symbol which resembles the original alien, could be simply called "Cyan Laser", and could just give Sonic the power-up we know from colors.

In this form I hope to see more Wisps power-ups, maybe "Green Hover", "Orange Propulsor" and "Yellow Drill", as well as the elemental and normal shields back. For the Wisp powers we might have the item box we know from the Adventure Series, for the Shileds the monitors from Classic Games

4 Wisp Powers

4 Shields

that would be great

According to the IGN preview, I like the idea of a parkour system. I tend to run into things a lot. tongue.png

I do think it's a little weird that they're bringing Wisps back though. I mean, I loved the little guys and their power ups in Colors but why would the Wisps be on Lost Hex anyway (of course unless it's explained in the story)?

I'm also not to sure about this whole "speed levels" thing. It just seems weird/confusing to me. But I'm certain we'll learn more as new info is released. 

I thought I was the only one that desperately wanted them to bring these back!!! 

Well its kind of odd to see Ricky and flicky back in this supposed lost world

Well Flickies aren't even from this dimension so I'm not surprised the buggers are everywhere

speaking of I'd approve of seeing the Flicky's Island designs used as well

Now with this new info, how do you want/expect the competitive multiplayer to be? I'm kinda hoping we get a better version of SA2's multiplayer formula, but with the new Lost World gameplay. . 

speaking of I'd approve of seeing the Flicky's Island designs used as well

150px-Flicky_5.png171px-Flicky_green_2.png140px-Flicky_pink_2.png184px-Flicky_red_2.png

ew fuck no

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=203666

Alongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes.

Hey guys.. we might get other playable characters within these modes.

EDIT: THE THOUGHT OF FINALLY PLAYING ADVENTURE 2/HEROES LIKE MULTIPLAYER
GFKJsjgmamgga

all my money

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

With the return of Wisps we could see the return of the Sonic Simulator robots from Colors.

You figure that if Sonic can wall-run manually now, can he do the wall to wall jumping thing he could do back in Heroes, albeit obvious spruced up for this game?

1000px-Deadly_Six_Pose.png

Look at the bottom left. It seems that there might be a semblance of "grounded" level design after all! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure that's just another sky tube.

It's just the background of a cutscene, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah yeah, my bad. I was thinking they wouldn't put anything not in the game in a cutscene/CGI thing anyways, but it seems it is just another sky tube. Oh well. Excuse me for the derp up, feelin really woozy sick right now LOL

Even though it's troublesome enough having people making comparisons to Super Mario Galaxy, I'd like to play devil's advocate and point out that the "automatic parkour while running" concept strongly resembles the dash mechanics of Skyward Sword.

Make of that what you will.