Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

Ya know, early when the Wii U got revealed, I thought must get Wii U.

Then I decided naah PS4 is looking better.

And then now I'm back at Wii U.

I've never been interested in this but hey, let's see how this goes.

>internet connection falls halfway through presentation

Fingers crossed, I need a good laugh.

• Thumbs Up 5

This event and the reactions it will produce will be pure comedic gold. That's one thing Xbox events never disappoint on.

While I don't plan to buy the new xbox in the near future, I'm still curious about the new console. I hope they don't pull any stupid moves, but this is Microsoft so be prepared for anything... 

Microsoft should begin its conference by feeding a pile of PS3s and Wii Us into a trash compactor, to be crushed into a cube, as a sacrifice. Upon the finished sacrificial cube a Nextbox shall be placed, by a senior executive wearing ceremonial robes bearing the official seal of the House of Windows. The event opening will be rounded off with a three minute "Xbox forever, Sony never, Windows is great, Nintendo we hate" chant-a-thon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rare? It's rare for them to make a good game nowadays.

I c wat u did thar.

This is gonna be gloriously entertaining.

20130304-164800.jpg

Something Rare this way comes. biggrin.png

i bet it's a kinect game

you bet your ass it'll be kinect

Seriously, this is goddamn depressing how Rare is now effectively a walking corpse.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 2

>internet connection falls halfway through presentation

Fingers crossed, I need a good laugh.

Oh please. What could possibly go wrong at a Microsft press eve-

• Thumbs Up 5

Despite all the terrible jokes, I am interested in seeing what is happening with Microsoft.

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm very interested in what they'll announce and say. What I'm most interested in is not the console itself, but what's going to happen with games bought through XBLA and how/if anything will transfer.

This is really the first time we've had to worry about that as an issue so I can't imagine them not addressing it at some point.

I've read rumors about something that would enable backwards compatibility, but I tend not to read up on rumors too much and wait for official news.

I did not like how the 360 changed over time since launch at all, nor do I like the direction they went with Windows 8, but all the same, not gonna poo poo Microsoft's plans until I see them.  Probably won't watch the stream but will certainly be checking it out second hand.

20130304-164800.jpg

Something Rare this way comes. biggrin.png

Inspiring everyone to play what game? I assume it's their upcoming Xbox Infinity-exclusive "Good non-Kinect games that aren't from the zombie with a mistaken identity" game that they are currently working on.

Edited by Gabe

Just got a new Xbox slim for my room and then this popped up? Why must life always troll me?! DX

Judging by that bag, I'm guessing Rare are going to do a new IP.

Which is great as I don't want them shitting on my childhood anymore.

Patticus - you hold the title for greatest thread opening ever.

So, the next Xbox is going to launch with several exclusive games?

Forza 21

Halo 73

Gears of War: More oil & beef

Just got a new Xbox slim for my room and then this popped up? Why must life always troll me?! DX

So you didn't know about the existence of a next-gen Xbox coming out this year?

Edited by KrazyBean

Is a new Alan Wake to be revealed on Tuesday?

Oskari Hakkinen, the leader of franchise development at Remedy, says that Alan Wake has become a cult video game experience and that the series has managed to move more than 2 million copies to fans.

The executive tells CVG that, “So after a slow start it’s turning into something really positive. It’s definitely had legs. I think narrative experiences just have a tendency for that.”

He adds, “People who have played and enjoyed the story feel the urge to tell their friends and other gamers out there that they need to try this experience, they need to play it.”

Alan Wake was a high-concept game that allowed the player to explore the limits of fiction and question how reality worked, while also fighting enemies using survival horror mechanics.

The two games in the series have been launched on the Xbox 360 and the PC and a new title might be linked to the next generation of devices from Microsoft.

65447443inyee.gif

Judging by that bag, I'm guessing Rare are going to do a new IP.

They should try to copy Nintendo's key franchises; Microsoft doesn't have any equivalents to them, and they could do really well.

The last big success they had was with Kinect Sports, and obviously we know where the inspiration for that came from. They could try and set up a new Metroid-style IP, or Zelda, something like that but on the sort of big scale Xbox players expect. It could be quite the money spinner.