Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

They should try to copy Nintendo's key franchises; Microsoft doesn't have any equivalents to them, and they could do really well.

The last big success they had was with Kinect Sports, and obviously we know where the inspiration for that came from. They could try and set up a new Metroid-style IP, or Zelda, something like that but on the sort of big scale Xbox players expect. It could be quite the money spinner.

I have a feeling that they wouldn't even bother trying to do something like that if it doesn't either pander to the "dudebro" community or isn't a walking "Buy Kinect" advertisement.

Edited by Gabe

I had better see some hilarious Gifs come from this. Who can forget classics from those before like "FIST BUMP!" Or "Son and father use kinect to touch virtual boobs".:P

Seriously though I am finally ready for these rumors to end and for Microsoft to "try" and wow me.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

I can probably name a few things to expect to hear: halo 6, cod: ghosts (oh wait we knew about that one), kinect sports 4, and I'm going to guess some mini game collection for kinect, oh a $40 gold membership for a 3 month.

I'm pretty fed up w/their crap except some of their xbla games. I own an xbox 360 and seriously wish I got a ps3, now if sony has anything good I'll pick up a ps4, if not wii u for me then, we'll see.

Dancing, I expect dancing, theres gonna be dancing.

Possibly a pop star.

But mostly dancing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Don Matrick will come out and show multiplats, xbox sales figures, then say "only on xbox *pending name*". At this point its like their formula. I hope they bring out an elephant balancing on a new xbox console.

Edited by Noel

Dancing, I expect dancing, theres gonna be dancing.

Possibly a pop star.

But mostly dancing.

178863d1349043739-decizii-kinect-dance.g

11adair.gif

ik44STQqWR0F.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

It would be funny as fuck if the predictions you guys made don't happen at all.
Not really, the train wreck is the main draw of the show.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Not really, the train wreck is the main draw of the show.

Oh alright. I guess I missed that with the unfunny gifs. My bad.

Jokes aside, if you want me to be extremely honest, I know like 90% of this board rides Nintendo and PS (I am literally quoting Goku here), which is cool, but if you say something about them, its like a sin, especially Nintendo, whom I like al ot too mind you. But Xbox, oh man some of you are some serious jerks haha. I don't think I have ever seen people be such meanies ph34r.png.

I don't speak on this console bias stuff a whole lot but just my two cents. There are still folks here who look forward to seeing what is going on with Xbox and are interested in it. Thats just me.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know, I just can't find myself to be excited about the Next Xbox. The 360 was just such a letdown.

See, Microsoft's conferences have been consistently bad (and hilariously so) since 2010 so it's no wonder we expect much of the same at this Nextbox reveal and E3. Besides, all these negative rumours about the Nextbox are...not good. Honestly I don't know what to expect of this new console but I hope it does not have Always Online, does not have paid subscriptions and most important of all, MORE EXCLUSIVE GAMES. Otherwise I'm not interested in this console at all.

Jokes aside, if you want me to be extremely honest, I know like 90% of this board rides Nintendo and PS (I am literally quoting Goku here), which is cool, but if you say something about them, its like a sin, especially Nintendo, whom I like al ot too mind you. But Xbox, oh man some of you are some serious jerks haha. I don't think I have ever seen people be such meanies ph34r.png.

I don't speak on this console bias stuff a whole lot but just my two cents. There are still folks here who look forward to seeing what is going on with Xbox and are interested in it. Thats just me.

Even if we stopped dickriding Sony and Nintendo, it doesn't change the fact that Microsoft is a shitty company.

If this conference ends up interesting me, I'll be extremely surprised.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like it's been said, Microsoft have had constant bad E3's for quite some time now. It's not out fault it's difficult for us to find excitment unlike you guys. Not to mention how much of a disappointment the 360 was to quite a lot of people. On top of that Microsoft as a company sucks already. So put those together, and the only thing most will find enjoyment out of is the memes that will result in this thing.

Oh and I wouldn't say we dickride the other companies. If you haven't noticed, the other two next gen consoles and their companies have gotten quite a lot of shit or meh reactions as of late. Nintendo especially. It's just these other companies seem smarter when it comes to a lot of things compared to Microsoft.

Oh alright. I guess I missed that with the unfunny gifs. My bad.

I honestly wonder, if this was a Nintendo or Sony conference, and there were Gifs making fun of their conferences, would you find those funnier? Cause it seems it's just because we're joking about Microsoft.

Edited by Aqua

Like it's been said, Microsoft have had constant bad E3's for quite some time now. It's not out fault it's difficult for us to find excitment unlike you guys. Not to mention how much of a disappointment the 360 was to quite a lot of people. On top of that Microsoft as a company sucks already. So put those together, and the only thing most will find enjoyment out of is the memes that will result in this thing.

Oh and I wouldn't say we dickride the other companies. If you haven't noticed, the other two next gen consoles and their companies have gotten quite a lot of shit or meh reactions as of late. Nintendo especially. It's just these other companies seem smarter when it comes to a lot of things compared to Microsoft.

I honestly wonder, if this was a Nintendo or Sony conference, and there were Gifs making fun of their conferences, would you find those funnier? Cause it seems it's just because we're joking about Microsoft.

Nah the same stuff would apply really, especially since the Wii U is under fire. Don't get me wrong I love Microsoft, Nintendo & Sony. If I do sound defensive, its mainly because I was trying to defend my statement without just saying things blindly. Just calling things as I see it. As for what I said for the Gifs, I actually thought it [Gifs] was pretty funny, just being sarcastic on that certain post.

Even if we stopped dickriding Sony and Nintendo, it doesn't change the fact that Microsoft is a shitty company.

If this conference ends up interesting me, I'll be extremely surprised.

That is a fair point. I actually said that because it seemed that around here Microsoft got more shit out of all ya know. All companies did stupid shit and that is no opinion.

Edited by Urban Flow

I can probably name a few things to expect to hear: halo 6, cod: ghosts (oh wait we knew about that one), kinect sports 4, and I'm going to guess some mini game collection for kinect, oh a $40 gold membership for a 3 month.

I'm pretty fed up w/their crap except some of their xbla games. I own an xbox 360 and seriously wish I got a ps3, now if sony has anything good I'll pick up a ps4, if not wii u for me then, we'll see.

Sadly most Halo fans already know that the next few Halo's (5 & 6 at least) will show up on the nextbox. 

Am I really the only person not really caring to hear what is next to come out of this system nor generation of gaming? Until they master 60FPS, I really see no major use to try to take a step up in graphics. (since that is really what they are going to do)

Consider me stoked, I wanna see what the next xbox brings and whether the reveal will confirm or deny any of the rumours that have been floating around. I hope a lot of the rumours end up ringing untrue (online only being the big one), as I'd really like to continue with both Xbox and Playstation platforms. I also hope that the presentation doesn't suck. I never really want any of the companies presentations to suck, I like having good products all around and good reveals.

Consider me stoked, I wanna see what the next xbox brings and whether the reveal will confirm or deny any of the rumours that have been floating around. I hope a lot of the rumours end up ringing untrue (online only being the big one), as I'd really like to continue with both Xbox and Playstation platforms. I also hope that the presentation doesn't suck. I never really want any of the companies presentations to suck, I like having good products all around and good reveals.

I hope you didn't watch any of the Microsoft Press Conferences from the past couple of years. Last year's was pretty bad. The heavy focus on Kinect along with a random Usher performance, which had nothing to do with GAMING AT ALL, really killed it. 

If there are big leaks prior to this event, would you guys mind if we keep this thread leak free? Maybe put leaks in a different thread (the rumors thread?), or at least spoiler tag them?

It would be nice to be able to see everything for the first time at the event itself and be able to discuss it here as it unfolds if possible!

• Thumbs Up 3

If there are big leaks prior to this event, would you guys mind if we keep this thread leak free? Maybe put leaks in a different thread (the rumors thread?), or at least spoiler tag them?

It would be nice to be able to see everything for the first time at the event itself and be able to discuss it here as it unfolds if possible!

Agreed! halo 4 was leaked a few hours before MS's E3 and it was blown for me before I saw it.

I hope you didn't watch any of the Microsoft Press Conferences from the past couple of years. Last year's was pretty bad. The heavy focus on Kinect along with a random Usher performance, which had nothing to do with GAMING AT ALL, really killed it. 

I did watch (kinda strange to assume I didnt but i see it was just another way to reiterate how bad it was) and yes they were bad but I fail to see how that diminishes my point of hoping that everyones conferences dont suck. Sure it can be entertaining to watch companies goof up or try way too hard to be cool, but at the end of the day i get jack shit out of that. I want everyone to put on good conferences so perhaps I can find something that i find interesting out of it. Every company has periods where their conferences have totally sucked and i think its a bit lame for people to always hope for the worst just for some laughs. Like I said I hope its good as I like when i have cool stuff to look forward to.

Edited by Meow

I think Microsoft has consistently sucked longer than any one else. Nintendo and Sony can be hit and miss, but they generally have at least something interesting to show off.