Awoo.

Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - Tuesday @ 10am (PST) / 1pm (EST) / 6pm (GMT)

Patticus

It's possible, but remember that EA didn't turn up for the PlayStation Meeting? And we have this special EA & Microsoft partnership? If there is going to be a "fee", Sony would have confirmed it along with the "used games" stuff months ago.

Not necessarily. They could've wanted to have waited for Microsoft to say something about their stuff.

Edited by MarcelloF

There will be a fee to play a game on more than one account, even if the second account is on the same system. Remember, it uses Kinect to log you in too, so you couldn't even just log in on a different account. 

So, if you have two kids who share games, or you and your significant other share games (as I do with my wife), you have to pay a fee for the second person to play. 

Deal breaker.

No, that's why you have to install the game. It will contain data that the original owner of the game is in this XONE. (This is an assumption btw)

Not necessarily. They could've wanted to have waited for Microsoft to say something about their stuff.

But at least turn up. Activision didn't announce anything in the meeting but they still turned up.

EDIT: Whoops, I mean Activision.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

I don't see why everybody's making a big deal about the lack of backwards compatibility. Are you going to buy the next Xbox to play Xbox 360 games? Nah man, you buy the systems to play the new ones.

I didn't get a Wii to play GameCube games and I'm certainly not going to get a WiiU to play Wii games. Same should apply here. Although if you don't have an Xbox 360 in the first place, i can understand why that would suck but hey, if the lack of backwards compatibility means a reduced price, I'm good for that.

Now the blocking of used games, now that's stupid, but that seems to be a rumor though, nothing officially confirmed I don't think...

Now the blocking of used games, now that's stupid, but that seems to be a rumor though, nothing officially confirmed I don't think...

We're talkin' about it in the other thread.

Long story short;

• You have to pay full price to play your own physical game on another system
  • They're trying to sort out an online "used game" system, basically meaning there won't be a retail used-game system.

So yeah.. on the used game front, it's kinda bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watching a recording of the stream right now.

I haven't seen anything on the XboxOne other than the name. And I want to see this conference for myself.

I'll just update this post with my reactions since this topic seems pretty much done now.

Alright, let's get this party started...

Alright the start of this reminds me of the employee recruitment video when I first became a Wal-Mart Associate... That's about as much as a compliment as it sounds.

Looking at the XboxOne spin around for a bit...

Sees the actual model of it on the stage... Who design this thing? Magnanox?

"Xbox On." I heard this joke before.

I do like snap mode. I think that's pretty cool that I don't have to back out of whatever I'm doing.

"Partners at ESPN" Oh god... This is never good... Edit: Huh, didn't drag on. Not bad.

Kinect 2: Kinect Harder sounds a bit improve. But I still prefer to see it in action.

The architecture doesn't sound all that bad so far, I'll give it that.

EA Sports... Whoo.

Alright, Forza! The detail in the cars is pretty sexy. Like car seats! If only I actually like racing sims.

Man, that cheering sounds flat.

Quantum Break has some potential. I love me a good story, so if I was to get the system. This kind of game would get my attention.

15 exclusives in a year... 8 are New I.P.s. I'll hold my applause until I actually see all the goods.

Huh, Halo TV Series. Steven Spielberg? This is cool and all, but I would prefer to hear more game news.

Ah great. More Sports.

Sport done. Cod time. Huh... Even with the graphics and whatnot, this game isn't wowing me as much as Black Ops 2 did. No matter all the "Cool ways" utilized in this game.

Alright, that's it! Well... time to see all the updates on whatever i can find.

Okay I caught up on the news. Including the used game crap... Besides the fact that there wasn't much to anything on games revealed, that little tidbit pretty much kill any hope of me actually wanting this thing at launch. I can't deal with that, good sir.

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity

I don't see why everybody's making a big deal about the lack of backwards compatibility. Are you going to buy the next Xbox to play Xbox 360 games? Nah man, you buy the systems to play the new ones.

I didn't get a Wii to play GameCube games and I'm certainly not going to get a WiiU to play Wii games. Same should apply here. Although if you don't have an Xbox 360 in the first place, i can understand why that would suck but hey, if the lack of backwards compatibility means a reduced price, I'm good for that.

While it's true you may not buy a system for it's backward compatibility feature, the feature itself becomes a bonus. When you buy a new system, not many games are out for it yet. Having BC allows the system to experience the gigantic library of the previous system. Sometimes, these HD systems even allow you to play your games in higher resolution.

BC also allows you to free up room. Wouldn't that suck if I had to store my GC, Wii, and Wii U all in the same room on the same platform? Imagine that wired mess. Why not sell my previous systems and just have a Wii U? Selling the old system also allows me to spend more on the new one. $50 credit for my Wii? New Wii U game it is. It's very convenient. New system? My old library works perfectly.

It's understandable but it's also a disappointment to many.

Can't remember who it was that said it before but.... you were right.

DvilFfz.png

Adam Sessler made a similar tweet. It's a pretty bad PR disaster when you have a faux audience cheer.

While it's true you may not buy a system for it's backward compatibility feature, the feature itself becomes a bonus. When you buy a new system, not many games are out for it yet. Having BC allows the system to experience the gigantic library of the previous system. Sometimes, these HD systems even allow you to play your games in higher resolution.

BC also allows you to free up room. Wouldn't that suck if I had to store my GC, Wii, and Wii U all in the same room on the same platform? Imagine that wired mess. Why not sell my previous systems and just have a Wii U? Selling the old system also allows me to spend more on the new one. $50 credit for my Wii? New Wii U game it is. It's very convenient. New system? My old library works perfectly.

It's understandable but it's also a disappointment to many.

The only problem in regards to the Nintendo systems is if I trade in my Wii towards a Wii U, I can't play my Gamecube library, because I traded it in and the Wii U doesn't play Gamecube games. 

Adam Sessler made a similar tweet. It's a pretty bad PR disaster when you have a faux audience cheer.

This is as bad as the forced laugh track you hear in comedies these days.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy