Awoo.

Sonic Retro Member Cody "Polygon Jim" Lawrence has passed away.

goku262002

This does worry me a lot.

We all have been active a lot on the internet for the longest time. Just thinking what will happen to everyone else when we pass on is a bit worrying. Will all of us be remembered on the internet or will the news never reach our sites. I just wonder about that. :/

But in any case R.I.P. I'm sure loved ones will celebrate the life one had, in this case Cody here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know the guy personally, but I've been a big fan of his work for a long time. I honestly can't believe this, its happened so suddenly.

May he rest in peace.

I've never actually met with/responded to Jim myself. At most the only real exposure I've had with him was limited to viewing the occasional comments while viewing on retro. Nonetheless this is quite sad, I sincerely hope he's resting in peace.

I know nothing about this guy other than SolarisParadox threw a shitfit over him in BSC's 06 playthrough.

Sucks that happened though.

Edited by y cant solkia crawl

This is very tragic news indeed sleep.png  21 is no age to die at at all.   May he rest in peace and his family find some kind of solace at this difficult time.

What I find troubling though is the fact that he wasn't wearing a seat belt. I can't help but wonder if the crash might have been survivable if he did. It's a moot point now though.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 is too ripe an age to leave the earth. :(

May he rest in peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sad news. Nobody should die so early and in what I imagine would be such a painful manner.

Not Jimmy =c

I chatted with him several times, he's a bit like several of my crazy family members but he was still cool beans. Plus for some reason he and other people told me to wear this hat - http://i.imgur.com/brZRvtM.png

I will definitely not forget him though, despite him being super odd (and who isn't), he was a big help on a few issues I had.

R.I.P. Jimmy :[

As someone that drives a lot during late-night hours, this really hit home. I've heard of him before, and I'm sure he is going to be missed. I also agree with Autosaver, wear your seatbelt and pay attention to the road because you never know when something like this might happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn...just when I was about to take off to work.

And he wasn't wearing his seat belt?! I'm not even joking around when I say that was a dumb move, and I don't care what the matter is. That may have saved his life there.

Rest in Peace tho, Cody. You died too young, but your pain is over now man. Looks like I'm gonna learn from this and drive safer.

Damn, he was younger than me... <=(

I never knew him personally but it's always sad to hear news like this. Not to mention he seemed to have made a big impact at Sonic Retro and other places. RIP.

And yeah, this is why wearing a seatbelt is SO important.

• Thumbs Up 2

This kinda thing is really scary, especially vehicle accidents like this. :/

You could be talking to the person absolutely fine, then next day, they're suddenly gone, never to come back. It's also partially why I worry when I see accounts on forums that are inactive. Did the person just get bored or did... y'know, that happen?

Rest in peace, man. I never knew you personally at all, but that doesn't bar me from hoping you're in a safer place now. What they say is true, the good always die young... ._.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 8

Didn't know him at all, but I hope he rests in peace and I hope his family and friends get through this tough time ok. I also hope people will learn to wear a seatbelt from this. I don't drive, but every time I get a lift with someone or ride in a taxi, I always make sure to wear my seatbelt in case anything happens. I use taxis a lot, and I'm always shocked to see the driver not wearing their seatbelt nearly every time I get in one. 

• Thumbs Up 2

You could be talking to the person absolutely fine, then next day, they're suddenly gone, never to come back. It's also partially why I worry when I see accounts on forums that are inactive. Did the person just get bored or did... y'know, that happen?

Its sad because I've had that happen to me a few times Spindash (twice to be exact). we would have a chat, he turn in or log off saying he has to go somewhere, gone for days or months, logs in 1 day and I get a message from a family member who tells me that he passed away. 

we'll never really know if our inactive members here have passed on. thats why we gotta have friends like Hinchy so we got a brother to look out for us even when were gone freak accident or not.

JIm did a good lot for the Retro community, one of his many credits being this delicious slice of Sonic hack goodness.

Can't say I ever really knew him, but I'm gonna miss the guy a lot.

Edited by Place
  • Thumbs Up 6

I don't know him at all, but I've seen him participate a lot on Retro as a lurker. He was someone who definitely knew what he was talking about, and he was an important hook on Retro. Twenty-one years old is way too young to die, and I hope he's in a better place now. RIP.

But what shook me is the fact that he wasn't wearing a seat belt. I don't know if wearing it would've saved his life or not, but the fact he didn't put him in much greater danger of dying. Wearing a seat belt (especially when properly strapped) can mean living or dying from a car crash, including the simplest of accidents, and I hope everyone, after this, wears one whenever they get into a car.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, that's a shame. Didn't know the guy, but I watched his videos on Transformed months ago.

I gotta ask, the name "PeglegJimmy" sounds oddly familiar. Did he ever do any streams?

Damn, sorry to see him go. I was actually subscribed to him on YouTube and enjoyed seeing his hacks. Poor guy.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Well, that's a shame. Didn't know the guy, but I watched his videos on Transformed months ago.

I gotta ask, the name "PeglegJimmy" sounds oddly familiar. Did he ever do any streams?

Yes, hes known under his Retro name 'Polygon Jim', his alternate username 'Pegleg Jimmy', and his CulT name 'Grand Master Jimmy'

I must've seen one of them sometime, then. I recall a friend showing me some stream with a pirate character and a fake Sonic fan character ages ago.

Dang, I remember him from the little group I created in my head when the Generations leaks and later on hacks started on Retro. You know, when you don't actually know or talk to the person, but you create some sort of "assimilation"? I just used to call this people the "cool hacker guys", Polygon, Lobotomy, Dario, Twilight...

Like people said here, it' really weird to see someone from the internet, especially forums, pass away. Looks so... unexpected? But may he rest in peace.

• Thumbs Up 1