Awoo.

Would Sonic make a good candidate in Playstation Allstars Battle Royal?

SoniqUpdater

Before any of you start saying Sonic is already in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, i just want to say that was Brawl. Playstation Allstars, if you don't know already, has a different play style compared to Super Smash Brothers Brawl. So what I'm asking is would sonic make a good candidate in Playstation Allstars? He could have the same animations from Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but then again they could update him a bit. I know that Sonic isn't a Playstation exclusive but he isn't a Nintendo exclusive either. I don't bring up the new Nintendo and Sega partnership either because that doesn't mean anything to something like this. Remember this doesn't have to happen soon, or happen at all, but all I'm asking do you think Sonic would make a good candidate, and what would his level powers be? 

~SonicUpdater

Also I think Sonics level 3 would be Super Sonic, and be somewhat similar to his final smash in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Sonic has little to nothing to do with Sony, so I highly doubt it.

You could have said the same before he was revealed for Brawl, but still. I don't see him fitting anywhere in this game. Again, Sonic & SEGA as a whole has had literally no association with Sony in the past.

Sonic isn't really known for being a Sony frontman; his success lies far more with Nintendo even though he's third party. It's not impossible, but I'd be baffled by his inclusion.

Sonic in Brawl had a much bigger impact than I think a lot of people today realize. It was a Big Fucking Deal™ not only due to Sega's past rivalry with Nintendo, but also because of just how huge Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was when it came out. Something of that magnitude just cannot be replicated on any other console.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sega is now partnered with Nintendo.

So its pretty much guaranteed Sonic won't be in it.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Sonic is barely on Sony consoles to begin with. At least he had a somewhat strong relationship with Nintendo when he was announced for Brawl.

Plus PSASBR's playstyle doesn't really suit Sonic.

....And PSAllstars really didn't do well, so I doubt they'll make any significant additions like that to it.

Edited by Wraith

Sonic isn't really known for being a Sony frontman; his success lies far more with Nintendo even though he's third party. It's not impossible, but I'd be baffled by his inclusion.

Sonic in Brawl had a much bigger impact than I think a lot of people today realize. It was a Big Fucking Deal™ not only due to Sega's past rivalry with Nintendo, but also because of just how huge Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was when it came out. Something of that magnitude just cannot be replicated on any other console.

To add on to that, just about every Mario & Sonic fan wanted Sonic in a Smash bros game. That same feel wont be the same if he appears in All Stars. And by then, all of us will be like, eh it's been done before....in a better game. So I think it would be a waste of a guest appearance. Now if you said Crash or Spyro.....

• Thumbs Up 2

For 3 games only

But yeah, considering Sega & Sony's ugly history, I don't think they would let Sonic be in PSASBR.

Next Smash Bros game though? I was doubtful before, but this partnership pretty much all but confirms him a spot in SSB4.

So its pretty much guaranteed Sonic won't be in it.

Ehhhh no.

Sega is developing 3 exclusive Sonic games for Nintendo. That's it. Nothing more. Sonic can appear in the next PlayStation All-Stars if Sega & Sony want him too.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

You mean the mascot of the company who got kicked off the console race by the PS2?

Lolno.

Edited by King Sombrero

All right, who keeps making these topics that really don't make sense? >:\

How does this not make any sense? Also what other topics don't make any sense to you? Do share please.

Do you have anything to contribute to these topics other than jabbing at the topic/OP? If not, then knock it off.

• Thumbs Up 6

It doesn't really follow. It could be done, but Sonic really has no connection with Sony other than having his company put of the console business by Sony. It made a lot more sense for Sonic to be in Brawl due to the long time rivalry between Mario and Sonic, and the later great partnership between 3rd party SEGA and Nintendo. Like Sean said, it was a REALLY big deal that Sonic ended up on a Nintendo system right after SEGA stopped making the Dreamcast.

You mean the mascot of the company who got kicked off the console race by the PS2?

Lolno.

Yeah man, I mean, next thing you know Sega might actually release games on Sony consoles too... ... .. .. oh...

• Thumbs Up 2

No, I don't think Sonic should be sent to the graveyard PSAS. He wouldn't bring much to the table, and Sony fans aren't as riled to have him as Smash fans are, simply because there's not as much reason for him to be there.

To add on to that, just about every Mario & Sonic fan wanted Sonic in a Smash bros game. That same feel wont be the same if he appears in All Stars.

Now these, I strongly agree with. Before Brawl even came to fruition, me and other people had heated debates regarding the SEGA/Nintendo rivalry and how this would play out regarding the next super smash bros. (if our predictions came true and Sonic was in Brawl, which he was.) And just the fact that Sonic was in the game made a huge impact on our debate.

I can't see Sonic making that same effect regarding Playstation All Stars, mostly because 1) And I know some of you will take this as a shock....I'm not a hardcore Playstation fan *GASP* (TAZ...HE BEETH A WITCH!!) 2) I knew about Mario and Sonic long before I met the Bandicoot and purple fire breather so I can't really say I'm excited to see Crash Vs Sonic...

tl;dr what soma just said.

I think sonic could probably use all the exposure he could get, so it would probably be a good idea.

Sonic would definitely make a good candidate in All Stars Battle Royal.

But he has a less chance of being put in than he would in the Super Smash Bros series, so I'm not gonna hold my breath outside of that.

Sonic does not fit right in with Sony as he is better off with Nintendo as they have a long history, especially when they were rivals in the 90's. Look it at now we see SEGA and Nintendo signed a partnership deal which gives Nintendo exclusivity rights to the three Sonic games coming soon. So no I don't think he would be the ideal candidate for Playstation All Stars.

Also Battle Royale is a flop so it didn't match the success of the Smash Bros games and because it is so bland and boring it didn't sell very well. I say it's a good thing that Sonic didn't appear in it. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic in the next Smash Bros game properly. It's great seeing him in Brawl but I feel that he was quickly introduced in the last minute due to fans demand. I was expecting to see something like a cutscene of him and Mario brawl head to head so even if Sonic appears in the next Smash Bros game, then the rivalry with Mario needs to be explored greatly, which should have been done in Brawl. 

There are other candidates that should be higher up in the queue, Crash for example. I'd focus on characters that are actually associated specifically with the playstation. 

Sonicis still considered by most people here to be a megadrive character and by more casual fans as a multiplatform character (actually they probably think of him more as a nintendo character now, all his exclusives are for nintendo consoles).

I would say that it would make no sense, but then again, there are loads of characters on the game's roster that are puzzling. Big Daddy is a brilliant example (Bioshock was a temporary Xbox Exclusive).

Still, it's highly unlikely he will be in. Playstation All Stars seems to want to push a more 'mature' angle.

Half the characters that actually ended up in Sony Smash Brothers didn't seem like they belonged in it, nevermind Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

How do you not "belong" in a crossover game exactly?

How do you not "belong" in a crossover game exactly?

Well All Stars Battle Royale is not just 'any' crossover game. It's a crossover game that's supposed to feature Playstation iconic characters. Since Sonic is a SEGA mascot, and not a Sony one, it seems odd for him to be in the game. 

Mind you, most the characters in Battle Royale are very strange choices.

99% of the characters in All Stars Royale use a weapon. Can't be Sonic, at the least Shadow could get in. laugh.png