Awoo.

What kind of music do you want in this game, and who'd you want to compose it?

Shiny Gems

Anyone else hear a slight bit of Rooftop Run in Windy Hill?

Eh. So you'd rather have licensed music instead of an original (albeit short/instrumental/dubs- BLIMEYNOTDUBSTEP) main theme? I'm a very big fan of the classics' main themes, and if they did something like that again (one reason I actually like Sonic 4) I'd be a happy Canda.

...no. I'm against licensed music for themes. I want original themes, vocal or otherwise. I was very disappointed that Generations' trailers made use of non-Sonic music rather than something developed for the game itself.

Also, why are none of you talking about the orchestral Dear My Friend and Rooftop Run being played later today live?!

Wait wait when's this?

Anyone else hear a slight bit of Rooftop Run in Windy Hill?

In the instrumentation. Not so much the melody.

I'm so disappointed that this didn't come out before Generations! I would have LOVED to hear a Classic ad Modern remix of Windy Hill!

Id say this music is pretty damn satisfactory.

Satisfactory? ...Just, satisfactory? =\

Windy Hill is so high energy and fast paced. Love it.

Dessert Ruins sounds so funky and psychedelic.

Goddamn it Ohtani you musical beast!!!

Edited by Ben Tennyson
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Desert Ruins "Mach Speed" tunnel level music was so damn good.  Or at least what I could hear of it.  Sounded like Red Mountain and Terminal Velocity made sweet sweet love.  Even has a sweet flute solo in there.

The Desert Ruins "Mach Speed" tunnel level music was so damn good.  Or at least what I could hear of it.  Sounded like Red Mountain and Terminal Velocity made sweet sweet love.  Even has a sweet flute solo in there.

Hell yeah. You can hear it better if you put in headphones. It sounds friggin' glorious!!!

I've gotta say, if there's one incredibly petty thing that bugged me about the footage shown today, it's the use of the Sonic Heroes theme as speed shoes/invincibility music. It was kind of an awkward fit with the music in all of the levels it appeared in, and it's just a pretty random and kind of distracting choice. I dunno if maybe it's just a placeholder or what, and it wouldn't kill me or anything if it stuck around, but it's just so weird.

Man loving that Desert Ruins Zone 2 music(The Mach Speed)

That music is amazing! Also i hear a little of Rhythm Thief inside it!(I think)

And of course that Windy Hill <3

...no. I'm against licensed music for themes. I want original themes, vocal or otherwise. I was very disappointed that Generations' trailers made use of non-Sonic music rather than something developed for the game itself.

Eh? Hmm, seems like either of us got something about the point wrong... *checks* Ahh, my genuine apologies, I must've gotten something wrong about it. Yeah, I also want a main theme (more along the lines of a simple leitmotif like the classics, though) that's original, and not some licensed music. Just... I can understand on how the licensed-music=no-main-theme thing would be logical, yeah.

Still, Generations was because it's bringing Modern and Classic together, and they simply used the best theme to imply "Man, Sonic's grown so much along the years, but there's still so much to do, so let's keep moving on!" - the ending theme of Sonic 1.

I actually have a relative distaste of vocal themes - call it a 90s vgm japanese composer bias, but... I could honestly say that aside from Toot Toot Sonic Warrior, my favorite Sonic tracks are mainly instrumental. I really, really love the simple yet ingenious 'riffs' the classics have, and I can't have enough of them.

Still, even such a theme'd be better than licensing. Licensing a music track, in my eyes, is rather unoriginal and looks so unprofessional. (...I think that's what iPhone game developers do, anyway.) It's just...... Bland.

(I don't even know if my posts are making sense anymore... @_@)

also, i wonder what'd happen if i pretend some of my originals are actually from lost world... i kid

(it's funny how i'm on a musical hiatus/artblock atm and call Sega out as unoriginal, bleh)

Edited by Korg Triton Le

I like both 3DS songs, though obviously the sound quality isn't great because...3DS. I'd like to hear the WiiU versions.

At this point, Sega should realize we love Sonic music so much and actually release a "Sonic Lost Worlds Music" trailer with assorted songs from the game. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Man I love that Windy Hill theme, actually it reminds me quite a bit of 60's baroque pop. Which of course means it sounds lovely!

I heard the music and I'm just going to say I'm very neutral towards it. It's not bad but I don't find it particularly catchy. Though, there's certain tunes that I start liking them once I'm actually playing the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not a fan of the direction the music has taken lately. With Jun Sunoue I actually liked nearly every track in each game, but with Unleashed onward, i've only ever liked two or three tracks per game.

I'd like to go back to something like Sonic Adventure 2, where there were multiple styles of music, depending on the level/character... but I guess that would only work in a game that has more than just Sonic.

I'm not a fan of the direction the music has taken lately. With Jun Sunoue I actually liked nearly every track in each game, but with Unleashed onward, i've only ever liked two or three tracks per game.

I'd like to go back to something like Sonic Adventure 2, where there were multiple styles of music, depending on the level/character... but I guess that would only work in a game that has more than just Sonic.

We still do have multiple styles of music depending on the level though... 

Disagree.  Completely.  I'll take Ohtani over Sunoue anyday.  Unleashed and Colours soundtracks to be are leagues better than SA2s and Heroes.  

• Thumbs Up 4

From what I've heard so far (the orchestral snippet) and Wind Hill Act 1, holy shit this might be awesome music. Wind Hill Act 1 is just beautiful, in a Rooftop Run/Modern Crisis City except more upbeat way (at the violin sections), and reminds me a bit of something else that I can't place, like the background stuff is a bit like Heroes music to me. Actually, the whole game seems to be combining classic and modern, I'm liking it.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Someone could make a music thread, since this thread seems to be discussing a completely different idea.

Gonna lock this so we can carry on to the obligatory main music thread like we always have for new games.