Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

After playing the 3DS demo at Sonic Boom, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how it played compared to the last few handheld versions of Sonic games. I'm loving the actual 3D and not the watered-down 2.5D that Dimps always does. It simply looks and feels great. And it's a nice change from boosting through the entire 2D levels, like it has been for the past many DS games.

I got gameplay footage of Windy Hill and Frozen Factory, too, that I can post once I get them up from my phone.

• Thumbs Up 9

After playing the 3DS demo at Sonic Boom, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how it played compared to the last few handheld versions of Sonic games. I'm loving the actual 3D and not the watered-down 2.5D that Dimps always does. It simply looks and feels great. And it's a nice change from boosting through the entire 2D levels, like it has been for the past many DS games.

I got gameplay footage of Windy Hill and Frozen Factory, too, that I can post once I get them up from my phone.

YAY! can't wait to see the Frozen Factory footage. Did you like how it played? 

Go for it!

After playing the 3DS demo at Sonic Boom, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how it played compared to the last few handheld versions of Sonic games. I'm loving the actual 3D and not the watered-down 2.5D that Dimps always does. It simply looks and feels great. And it's a nice change from boosting through the entire 2D levels, like it has been for the past many DS games. I got gameplay footage of Windy Hill and Frozen Factory, too, that I can post once I get them up from my phone.
Awesome! Be sure to link it!

As soon as it finishes uploading I'll link it, don't worry! It shouldn't be too long.

Oh yeah, I definitely liked how it played. I love the snowboarding parts. Something I noticed though (as I got to play both 3DS and WiiU versions) was that the 3DS levels seem a lot longer, or at least take a lot longer. For instance, Frozen Factory 3DS took around 11 minutes, while for WiiU maybe took 7. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Frozen Factory gameplay will be available here after it uploads, but it's NOT done processing. I'm not gonna wait around all night for it to be done. Just be patient, it'll be up by morning I'm sure. tongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pSc8f4Cwm8&feature=youtu.be

• Thumbs Up 1

THANK YOU!! I've been seeing extemely positive reviews of Frozen Factory 3DS, I'm so hyped to see it. :D

Sapphire, you might want to delete the video and try re-uploading it, because it's been processing for over 8 hours. That's not normal. If the problem still persists, then try converting it to a different, more "YouTube friendly" format such as mp4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sapphire, you might want to delete the video and try re-uploading it, because it's been processing for over 8 hours. That's not normal. If the problem still persists, then try converting it to a different, more "YouTube friendly" format such as mp4.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for being so patient everyone! :)

Edited by Sapphire
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for being so patient everyone! smile.png

Not a problem. Thank you for recording and wanting to share with us.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's still uploading pretty slow even after I cancelled and reuploaded (I have crap internet, I'm in a hotel right how), but it was at 20% last I checked. It should be up sometime tonight.

It's still uploading pretty slow even after I cancelled and reuploaded (I have crap internet, I'm in a hotel right how), but it was at 20% last I checked. It should be up sometime tonight.

Don't worry about it! It already nice of you to upload the footage!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm really thankful for the footage regardless. I appreciate your efforts, Sapphire!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for being so patient everyone! smile.png

No problem man, I'm pretty excited to see it. Nothing like new footage of Lost World to make me feel good :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I appreciate that you are working on uploading it, thanks for taking your time. However either its not done processing or youtube deleted it cause I cant see it : (

I decided to upload it from my iPhone's 4G because of my butt wifi. And guess what? It's going decently faster now! It shouldn't be long now, this time I promise! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Frozen Factory 3DS was fun. I skipped the tutorial, so uh I didn't know I was supposed to kick the centipede, so I got stuck there for about 2 minutes and felt stupid haha. Wish I had played the 3DS version more, actually. I might buy it when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I decided to upload it from my iPhone's 4G because of my butt wifi. And guess what? It's going decently faster now! It shouldn't be long now, this time I promise! 

Fingers crossed, Minna<3

Sapphire's 3DS gameplay footage has finally made its way to YouTube!

Thank you once again, Sapphire, for doing this for us!

I like what I'm seeing its very interesting especially when you get to the factory style part.

edit: was this being played during the sonic dance segment

Edited by Dreamy Luigi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sapphire's 3DS gameplay footage has finally made its way to YouTube!

Thank you once again, Sapphire, for doing this for us!

I was just about to post it! tongue.png Thanks for being patient guys. 

Opinions on the look of the level? I for one really enjoyed it, probably better than the other 3 playable levels on the demo. I absolutely love the factory part with all the gears and stuff. It just looks so awesome.

Edited by Sapphire
  • Thumbs Up 2