Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

I was just about to post it! tongue.png Thanks for being patient guys. 

Opinions on the look of the level? I for one really enjoyed it, probably better than the other 3 playable levels on the demo. 

I'm really like the level. Hopefully the other Frozen Factory levels are as this much fun. As well as the water trope. I like the new wisp. Also was there any prize for jumping through the cogs  

Thanks for the footage Sapphire, this stage looks sweet!

By the way, did you happen to notice whether Sonic made grunts and speech when he performs an action? Like when he jumps, he grunts a little.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks pretty fun, imo. I especially like how you now have to think to get past certain obstacles using the snowball gimmick of the level. The Lightning wisp seems interesting as it attaches itself to electrical coils and stuff to get around, and since you can now parkour up walls, it doesn't seem to be forced, but rather just an alternate path you can take. Speaking of which, there's quite a bit of alternate paths! Even in the snowboarding sections, which look really fun! You can even perform mid-air tricks like Sonic Rush and grind on rails. Glad to see you're finally bringing your A-game again, Dimps! Day 1 buy (or at least I'll get at as soon as possible) for sure!

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

edit: was this being played during the sonic dance segment

Haha, no actually, it was at the very beginning, but they were playing generic dance music before the event officially kicked off. 

By the way, did you happen to notice whether Sonic made grunts and speech when he performs an action? Like when he jumps, he grunts a little.

Hmm, I actually didn't notice, as it was too loud to really tell. But I wouldn't be surprised if he has a tiny bit of speech/sound when he does, doesn't he usually? 

Frozen Factory 3DS was fun. I skipped the tutorial, so uh I didn't know I was supposed to kick the centipede, so I got stuck there for about 2 minutes and felt stupid haha. Wish I had played the 3DS version more, actually. I might buy it when it comes out.

That's what happened to me in Desert Ruin Zone...2? The one with the giant worm. I thought I had to fight it instead of run from it and ended up using all my lives... Oops. tongue.png

Edited by Sapphire

Man the snowboarding sections look fun.  I hope the WiiU version has at least one as well.  

• Thumbs Up 1

There was some Japanese Nintendo Direct footage that confirmed that Sonic makes grunts and shouts random lines in the 3DS version too. The Announcer for Color Powers is also present in this version.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stage looks good, but I still see that run-button-jumping platforming issue where Sonic's jumps appear hard to control when trying to land on something when jumping at the same time of holding the run button. 

Thanks a bunch, Sapphire.

Okay, analysis and opinion time. You can tell that Iizuka's been on Dimps' ass for this game, it has a lot more effort put into it than the Rush titles and the other portable versions of Sonic console games.

Frozen Factory looks awesome. That snowboarding section, which the player dubbed as "the first snowboarding section in Sonic that doesn't suck", seems to have a trick system, which I presume will make use of the circle pad. When seeing the first on-foot section of the stage, I got worried, because it just looks like a reskined Windy Hill; same structure, same enemy chain shapes, same elements (albeit recolored). But then Sonic went to that half pipe structure, and things got interesting. The stage is really big, it caught me by surprise. The actual FACTORY part looks cool, and it has a challenging element as well; the freezing steam. I'm not completely sure, but I think I saw.... Ice physics. Oh boy.

The Ivory color power looks alright. It's like Burst with a homing attack. Not amazing, but it looks fun to use.

This giant stage really hyped me up even more for this game, and this it's the very first time I've been excited for a portable Sonic game. Excellent work so far, Dimps.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, Auto, it looks like you perform tricks on the Snowboard with the B Button, just like in the Rush games.

EDIT: I also like how there's a section where carelessly using the dash panels can get you frozen in a block of ice, so the player actually has to pay attention instead of just let the game temporarily play itself during a scripted event.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've noticed a couple cosmetic updates. The Spin Charge is a slanted oval like classic Sonic's and the machine that locks the transitional spring has this spinning and imploding animation before it vanishes. Would the 3DS be able to make the jumping ball animate like it does in the Wii U version with the stretch and squash animation? (I hope so, I really like that animation.)

Oh, and there's a top and bottom path. Hopefully they'll have different challenges.

One thing I'm worry about that the Homing attack have WAY too much range in the video, Like at one part of the footage, Sonic was homing attack a badink on a platform, but there was one behind sonic too, so He attack the badink on the platform, but then he gone back to where he originally was just to attack that one badink.

I can now say that you'll have a good time regardless of which version of Sonic Lost World you buy...the 3DS version is looking awesome, and the Wii U version is looking awesome. EVERYBODY HAPPY!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 7

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Iizuka say that the 3DS version will have 4 player online multiplayer, or was it 2 players? I'm hoping for the latter, 4 people racing across a 3D plain will be kick ass.

Edited by Wil348

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Iizuka say that the 3DS version will have 4 player online multiplayer, or was it 2 players? I'm hoping for the latter, 4 people racing across a 3D plain will be kick ass.

4 players.

If only there could be mic chat so I could yell "HARDCORE PARKOUR" before starting a stage in online multiplayer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awww man, so many asses to kick xD

Hopefully it won't have that god awful lag that was on Gens 3DS' multiplayer...

4 players.

If only there could be mic chat so I could yell "HARDCORE PARKOUR" before starting a stage in online multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJdHUs6Qn8

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't really mind it, because I don't care all that much about framerate, but it would be nice if they prevented that.

Aaah, SEGA please, give us that demo, I gotta play dat Frozen Factory. It looks more fun than a barrel of Coconutses.

Well lag on a 3D plain would be really painful. I mean, a little slowdown is alright but yeah.

I am profusely interested with the 3DS version, in fact I'm adding the funds to my eShop account already so I can download it as soon as it's released. So much hype! 

Oh the Wii U version? If it's not listed on Amazon by the time of release I'll probably just buy it from the supermarket.

I want a demo of this game so badly. Considering that The Wonderful 101 got a demo about 2 weeks before the games release, hopefully Sonic Lost World will get a demo released on the first week of October.

I know I won't be getting the big sibling version, but after seeing that video of Frozen Factory it further solidified my hype for the 3DS version.

Buying retail though.

Oy! Just came back from work and saw this... this masterpiece. Dimps, ya done good guys. Ya done good.

For one thing, I like that the snowball seems to get bigger and bigger the more it's rolled. Like an actual snowball.

Another cosmetic thing that I see and praise professionalism on Dimps' part is the level transition at the beginning. It's not a simple fade to black like the others needed to be. Sonic moving from his snowboard into the flying animation doesn't look out of place here, and it works trememdously for me. Count me as one of the people that wants a demo of this goodness quickly.

The ONLY gripe I could think of having with this level is that I didn't see many alternate paths that weren't homing chains. This is most likely due to Sapphire sticking to one path though, so there are probably a few that will be discoved later on.

C'mon demo! Get here faster! And then gimme full game please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sapphire's 3DS gameplay footage has finally made its way to YouTube!

Thank you once again, Sapphire, for doing this for us!

Gotta love that long line of dash panels @ 0:50 as well as those numerous ones at 6:33. Dimps tradition, of course.

But I'll admit, the level gimmick/designwise looks okay. Frozen Factory looks like an snowcapped variant of Windy Hill though.

Edited by Yeow

I see the resemblance to windy hill too, it's basically a snow covered turqoise colored windy hill but with the snowboard and halfpipes it differentiates itself just fine