Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

The Wisps will be better on 3DS due to the screen being directly above the touch screen. It will be easier to focus that way.

YES! We're finally getting an ice level in a Sonic game after 5 years, and it's even on the 3ds version no less! Granted, this isn't too much of a surprise, considering the name of the level itself when the Wii U demo of this level popped up, but I'm getting hyped the more and more I see gameplay and screenshots of the 3ds version.

Dat footage....Dimps really DOES wants my money this time. O.o

I'm sorry everyone but I just don't see it. The level is terrible. It's slow, it makes you stop constantly with the gimmicks, it feels rather empty and is just boring.
I'd rather they made Sonic Rush or a new 2D gameplay series because this is a borefest.

Maybe it's all just the player but honestly, right now this looks BAD.

ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

Lol jk. But really, if there isn't anything about the game that strikes you fancy, then i doubt the final build of LW will change your mind. I won't get on your case with opinions though, let's just agree to disagree.

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess.

It's just, the level is so gimmicky and if you change textures to windy hill ones, you won't be able to tell the difference. Same level geometry with something blocking your path that you have to jump over, same caterkiller.

But yeah. Let's agree to disagree.

I guess.

It's just, the level is so gimmicky and if you change textures to windy hill ones, you won't be able to tell the difference. Same level geometry with something blocking your path that you have to jump over, same caterkiller.

But yeah. Let's agree to disagree.

Y'know man, to be honest I just chalk the geometry up to the zone looking like...well... the zone. It looks like the brief glimpse of Frozen Factory from the Colors Trailer.

The Wii U version probably has the Windy Hill snowed - over look too.

In any case. The caterkiller's just a multi - hit mook. It should be a pretty common enemy I guess.

Listen closely for voice clips and new Asteroid theme. I think they added percussion to it.

Also, that 3D icon on the 3DS home screen looks kinda cool

Edited by Auto

Listen closely for voice clips and new Asteroid theme. I think they added percussion to it.

Also, that 3D icon on the 3DS home screen looks kinda cool

Man, that Asteroid theme is constantly changing. Wonder when it'll change next...............

Well I saw Frozen Factorys footage and I gotta say Im impressed, not gonna say its the level of the year or something, but it was surely nice!!! also about it being like windy hill cause of the checkered parts but different colors, well I just gotta say in that case most of classic Sonic games have samey zones :/ , since a lot have checkered patterns. In all seriousness though, I think it differentiates quite enough, specially in the second half of it. I sure hope SEGA gives us a demo.

Well Dimps are a good developer, it's just Sonic 4 and Advance 2 that they did a bad job with.

• Thumbs Up 1

it was because sonic team gave dimps a little time window to complete the project which involved rushing sonic 4 but sonic advance 2 was bottomless pit heaven especially in sky canyon zone... They did an alright job on generations 3DS they emulated the classic physics really well unlike the HD counterpart, what dimps do right every time are the boss battles

Just think of the Frozen Factory Zone 1/Windy Hill Zone 1 as Emerald Hill Zone/Hill Top Zone kinda thing as far as the checkered patterns go personally. 

Man, I can't believe this version is actually looking pretty damn nice. 

I wouldn't mind the stills and text boxes in Colors DS and Dimperations if the dialogue exactly the same as their console cousins. (sans side mission cutscenes)

Just compress the video and stick it in there, maybe 3D-fy it, just put the full cutscenes in there please....

Now, we just need full cutscenes...

...and CG intro, like Colours DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no way SEGA can pass this up for animated cutscenes with voices if they do then that is a missed opportunity on their behalf

I still don't think it's going to have the same cutscenes as the Wii U version. Pretty sure the story will be handled similarly to Colors DS and Generations 3DS. At best, we might get an animated CGI intro and a few edited CGI cutscenes, but compressed to fit the 3DS top screen's resolution, like Colors DS. Personally, I'd kinda prefer it that way, as I'm still not very fond of Sonic's current English voice, and I seriously doubt there will be a Japanese voice option.

As long as there not like the 3DS Generations cutscenes then I am fine. Every time I watch the Timer Eater final cut scene I have to remember the console version to get the context.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still don't think it's going to have the same cutscenes as the Wii U version. Pretty sure the story will be handled similarly to Colors DS and Generations 3DS. At best, we might get an animated CGI intro and a few edited CGI cutscenes, but compressed to fit the 3DS top screen's resolution, like Colors DS. Personally, I'd kinda prefer it that way, as I'm still not very fond of Sonic's current English voice, and I seriously doubt there will be a Japanese voice option.

You're probably right. Even so, I wish the cutscenes would be like the M&S 2012 London 3DS cutscenes, in addition to the CGI cutscenes compressed. I still hold out a little hope that you can actually see the actions, instead of just random icons and text boxes.

And on that topic of a Japanese voice option, you think it might just be a region locked thing? As if the 3DS had a regional language setting for Japanese, it would give the games their Japanese voice clips? I accidentally did that with my DS a few years ago when I played Sonic Colors, and it gave me the Japanese voice clips...

You're probably right. Even so, I wish the cutscenes would be like the M&S 2012 London 3DS cutscenes, in addition to the CGI cutscenes compressed. I still hold out a little hope that you can actually see the actions, instead of just random icons and text boxes.

And on that topic of a Japanese voice option, you think it might just be a region locked thing? As if the 3DS had a regional language setting for Japanese, it would give the games their Japanese voice clips? I accidentally did that with my DS a few years ago when I played Sonic Colors, and it gave me the Japanese voice clips...

That would be cool, yes, but who knows, since we haven't seen cutscenes on the 3DS version yet.

I just tried that with Colors DS on my DS fat, it didn't work; voices were still in English and even if it did work, the American 3DS doesn't have a Japanese Language setting; all you have to choose from is English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. So I'm stuck with the English voices, regardless. :/

I think it's because there's not enough space on the cartridge for more than one voice cast per region; the same reason why I don't think most of the cutscenes from the Wii U version would make it to the 3DS version.

Edited by Tomoki

I think one cutscene from the WIi U version per zone would be a fair compromise. But only for the most important scenes in each zone.

A 3DS cartidge has 8 GB of memory - roughly the same amount SSBB takes up. Brawl is a pretty large game, and half of the disc was taken up by the horribly compressed SSE cutscenes. I shouldn't imagine the cutscenes should take up that much space, unless the game is a lot bigger than we expect

• Thumbs Up 6

But it does also depend on wether or not SEGA want to use an 8GB SD card, they would be more costly to purchase therefore lowering their potential profit. Lets just hope they aren't that stingy!