Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Some of the levels are tough. I've just discovered that if the timer runs out, you lose a life and carry on from the last checkpoint with another 20 minutes (but you don't get a time score for the level).

Edit:

Welcome. Just wondering how did you get the full game? Did you get a review copy of the game?

Review copy.

Edited by Cube

Hey Cube, are there proper cutscenes in the 3DS version, or are they text boxes like Generations 3DS?

Also is there a level select of some sort?

Edited by Wil348

Proper cutscenes. Short, but sweet.

There's a level select (there's a map-like hub) and most levels (so far) have been between 10 and 20 minutes in length on a first playthough (and then there's the red rings to collect as well as getting better times/scores, so lots of replayability). 

• Thumbs Up 7

So the cutscenes are like the Wii U version? With proper animation and voice acting?

Was this one in it?

Edited by Wil348

So about the cutscenes again, are they the ones from the Wii U version or are they something else? How's the 3D effect by the way?

First post here, but I just wanted to say that the controls for the 3DS version are extremely responsive. I've just reached the sixth world and I've only disliked one level.

My biggest problem with the game are the gyroscope controls for the special stages and one of the bosses (so far) - you have to stand up and spin around (and move the 3DS up and down) to aim. 

Oh, that's really good to know, thanks =).

Just one more thing...how's the 3D?

Oh and welcome to the Sonic Stadium BTW.

Edited by Dan a hed

Proper cutscenes. Short, but sweet

5971-i-know.gif

This literally just made my day.

Aw man, thanks for saying that. I feel justified in my commitment to the 3DS version.

Are the cutscenes down-ressed and low-poly for the 3DS hardware, or are they just lower quality videos, kind of like the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed?

Does he really have the game?

I agree, I created this thread and I assume like others who have created threads would like accurate info in the thread, and assumed others wouldn't fall to bait.

Plus Sonic Paradise already said that there was no level hub world

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind that Sonic Paradise's detailing was translated from another language, so some things may have been skewed or lost in translation.

Keep in mind that Sonic Paradise's detailing was translated from another language, so some things may have been skewed or lost in translation.

Keep in mind that this guy has no proof to back up his claims.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm Hispanic so I can say with all certainty that they said the levels flow was linear unlike the Wii U version where you choose the level you want to play

I'm Hispanic so I can say with all certainty that they said the levels flow was linear unlike the Wii U version where you choose the level you want to play

Well alright then, but then again Cube said that it progresses similarly to Sonic 1, 3 acts and a boss, old-school, if you will. That's also what Sonic Paradise said, so...

...but some backing would be nice, Cube. We don't need to see screenshots necessarily, but perhaps a picture of the cartridge or something?

EDIT: What Wonder Jam said.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'll believe him if he have at least a picture of him holding the copy of the game.

Photoshop is a wonderful tool this day and age. 

Didn't we rip into a guy a few months back who said he knew the remaining zone names because he had no evidence to back up his claims? Should a similar principle not apply to this guy until we have proof? 

Photoshop is a wonderful tool this day and age. 

As a student in Graphic Design who works with said program, I'll be sure to let you know if it's a fake :P