Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

As a student in Graphic Design who works with said program, I'll be sure to let you know if it's a fake tongue.png

I've used it a lot for my Web design class with extensive use in 2 major university projects tongue.png

Another thing to think about...

Why would a reviewer, who has an early copy of the game, pop up on this forum JUST to tell us how the game is? I'm sure there were other Sonic forums he/she could of chose, so why this one? Also, wouldn't a reviewer keep info on the game a secret until their actual review of it comes out? 

All seem to strange to me. Regardless if this person info prove true or not, I'm still looking forward to the 3DS version and will have fun playing it. 

Another thing to think about...

Why would a reviewer, who has an early copy of the game, pop up on this forum JUST to tell us how the game is? I'm sure there were other Sonic forums he/she could of chose, so why this one? Also, wouldn't a reviewer keep info on the game a secret until their actual review of it comes out? 

All seem to strange to me. Regardless if this person info prove true or not, I'm still looking forward to the 3DS version and will have fun playing it. 

NDAs would bar reviewers from spilling beans on anything least they want to get in to problems

NDAs would bar reviewers from spilling beans on anything least they want to get in to problems

We can talk about the game. We can't publish a review until a certain date. 

I'll still keep a lot of things secret (as I don't want to spoil too much of it), I just wanted to see what others thought of certain aspects (like gyroscope controls where you have to stand up and turn around) so I can better judge the game when it comes to the review (not to mention that I'll be posting a link when the review is out). I was also hoping to bump into someone else for multiplayer.

As for proof. Well, it's a digital copy, so I'll see what I can do when I get home from work (I work full time in a different job). 

The cutscenes are pre-rendered and a bit pixelated due to the quality, but still look nice.

Edited by Cube

Regardless of whether this member is telling the truth, I'm going to work on the fact that anybody can sign up for a forum and make claims about the game, and so I'm going to ask for this line of discussion to stop, because I don't want this thread to turn into one guy revealing info about the game that may or may not be true, and everyone either taking his information at face value or questioning the integrity of his claims.

Even if he does have an advance copy, he and everyone else are not supposed to post screenshots or recorded footage, due to our policy on leaked material and spoilers for not-yet-released games.

I'm going to assume that we're actually getting pre-rendered cutscenes when I say this:

Oh thank you Dimps! I'm really happy they haven't gone back to using Rush style cutscenes, they were okay for the DS games but there was just no excuse in Generations 3DS. Having the Wii U cutscenes will definitely help the 3DS version feel complete, my hype has just shot through the roof.

Edited by Wil348

I was hoping that they'd manage to take the cutscenes from the Wii U edition, too, rather than re-enacting them in stilted puppet shows.  The latter is fine if the cutscenes have been written for that, as they were in Rush and Rush Adventure - which, surprise, had full 3D cutscenes when the plot demanded something other than the characters just standing around - but they were terrible in Generations and I know they can do better.  So that alone would be genuinely a huge improvement in the presentation.

I'm going to ask for this line of discussion to stop, because I don't want this thread to turn into one guy revealing info about the game that may or may not be true, and everyone either taking his information at face value or questioning the integrity of his claims.

Fair enough. I'll stick around the forum as I'm still a big. Sonic fan, but I'll refrain from discussion of this game until it's out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot credit goes to Woun

3DS special stages

ss_feature_special_02.jpg

ss_feature_special_01.jpg

cut scene or Tails' lab

ss_feature_tails_01.jpg

Windy hill multiplayer

ss_feature_confront_02.jpg

Edited by Dreamy Luigi
  • Thumbs Up 7

Saving the boost for mini-games like the Special Stages are a-ok with me.

Ya gotta admit, guys, y'all have a boost fix that needs daily satisfying :P

I'm assuming those are the gyro special stages that Cube was talking about. I hope they're fun to flay at least.

Im still really suspicious about the 3 zones thing.. we've had countless links telling us their would be 6 acts, & as far as I can see I can piece together about 4 zones when it comes to screenshots itself! Either way im not sure if its the full copy of the game or if it was just a review with parts of the game but meh..

Glad the cutscenes are finally as badass as the older brother version, even if their a bit pixelated. This time around i'll probably sit around & re-watch the cutscenes unlike most of the other handheld Sonic games where I skipped on through the cutscenes & never went back to watch them again.

The Red Star Rings sound hard as hell to get, I can only see about 2-3 in the demo stages, but then again there demo stages =P.. Special Stages sound really cool, boost is back for Special Stages only is nice, makes me wonder if Super Sonic gets the boost =D, that would be insanely epic..

• Thumbs Up 1

Im still really suspicious about the 3 zones thing.. we've had countless links telling us their would be 6 acts, & as far as I can see I can piece together about 4 zones when it comes to screenshots itself! Either way im not sure if its the full copy of the game or if it was just a review with parts of the game but meh..

Glad the cutscenes are finally as badass as the older brother version, even if their a bit pixelated. This time around i'll probably sit around & re-watch the cutscenes unlike most of the other handheld Sonic games where I skipped on through the cutscenes & never went back to watch them again.

The Red Star Rings sound hard as hell to get, I can only see about 2-3 in the demo stages, but then again there demo stages =P.. Special Stages sound really cool, boost is back for Special Stages only is nice, makes me wonder if Super Sonic gets the boost =D, that would be insanely epic..

Agreed, I highly doubt there will be just 3 levels per zone...

And I'm glad there are the Wii U cutscenes =). It's a bit pixelated but it's WAAAAY better than Sonic Rush-like text boxes.

Screenshot credit goes to Woun

3DS special stages

ss_feature_special_02.jpg

ss_feature_special_01.jpg

cut scene or Tails' lab

ss_feature_tails_01.jpg

Windy hill multiplayer

ss_feature_confront_02.jpg

Gotta love the spherical Windy hill!

Oh and BTW...

B0oST 2 W1N!!1!

Man.. now we're getting around 8 zones ?
Windy Hill (Zazz)
Desert Ruins (Zomom)
Silent Forest (Zor)
Frozen Factory (Zeena)
Tropical Coast (Master Zik)
Sky Road (Zavok)
Lava Mountain (Most likely Eggman)
??? Im gonna go ahead & say its a Tails flight segment level or something, idk..

Man.. now we're getting around 8 zones ?

Windy Hill (Zazz)

Desert Ruins (Zomom)

Silent Forest (Zor)

Frozen Factory (Zeena)

Tropical Coast (Master Zik)

Sky Road (Zavok)

Lava Mountain (Most likely Eggman)

??? Im gonna go ahead & say its a Tails flight segment level or something, idk..

I think the very final boss would be all the Deadly Six together. Seriously, that would be epic.

The 8th world will more likely be a space zone or lost hex turned into the new Death Egg or Lost Hex Bad Future, it would be cool seeing a gauntlet of the deadly six altogether.

Edited by Time Eater

I'd just like to note that I'm pretty sure review copies are literally just the full game.

I can see it being 4 main acts and 2 hidden acts which might explain the lack of exposure on the other two

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, something else I really need to get out there, everyone says the controls are amazing & I know they are because I've played the game demo awhile back. Cobi was probably saying the controls were slippery because he was getting used to the concept & he was in Frozen Factory, ice physics.  Anyway the Sonic Paradise website they said the 3DS version was more focused on Platforming & Puzzles, (I dont really see a shitload of puzzles, but platforming & parkour is pretty high.)

Another focus is the level layout, back to Sonic Paradise they said that in the Wii U Version, Sonic could choose & skip around to any zone he wanted to, for example instead of having to go to zone 1, then so on follow the path you can now go around to lets say zone 4 1st if you wanted to. In the 3DS version, you still have to follow the linear layout & go from Zone 1, to Zone 2 & so on. Then there's bonus stages & replayability with Red Star Rings sorta like the Cirus Tent things in the Wii U?  Again leaning on Sonic Paradise, they said the 3DS version has the same stage names, zones & themes that the Wii U version has, just another build or design of the level.

Special Stages look pretty fun to me, with Sonic using the boost in the Special Stages, it has me wondering when Sonic takes Super Sonic form in regular stages, will he be able to do a short boost? And lastly, like what Dan said, maybe the 8th area could be like a complete Deadly Six showdown or a merged Deadly Six to a demonic looking Deadly One type of boss =P

Speaking of Super Sonic, i'd be pissed as hell if he was axed for the 3DS version like Generations 3DS.

Oh the nightmare of such a thought.....

Speaking of Super Sonic, i'd be pissed as hell if he was axed for the 3DS version like Generations 3DS.

Oh the nightmare of such a thought.....

He's already been confirmed in one of the trailers.

You could see the Chaos Emerald icon on both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

• Thumbs Up 6