Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Hate to be a downer, but I dunno if they'll have all the Wii U cutscenes IN the 3DS version, I think just the substantial ones, kinda like Colours DS...

Amy and Knuckles telling Sonic to go save some animals isn't really that substantial but okay.

Hate to be a downer, but I dunno if they'll have all the Wii U cutscenes IN the 3DS version, I think just the substantial ones, kinda like Colours DS...

Still better than what we got for Generations 3DS. I'll take it!

....It is when it's explaining the whole reason Sonic is GOING to Lost Hex, to save critters? And to introduce NPC's that are part of the story.

I'd say that's pretty substantial =/

The opening cutscene does that well enough.

And for that matter, did Sonic Colors DS even have the first cutscene? 

Also, keep in mind that the DS cartridge didn't have all that much storage capabilities. The 3DS cart however has much more to work with.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Did Sonic Colors DS even have the first cutscene? 

Also, keep in mind that the DS cartridge didn't have all that much storage capabilities. The 3DS cart however has much more to work with.

It only had the CGI part where Sonic and Tails were going up the elevator. Actually, all the fmv cutscenes in Colors DS are just edited / shortened versions of some of the CGI cutscenes from the Wii version.

Edited by Dark Tomoki

It also had the cutscene of the robot's arm stuck in the mind control cannon, the chains breaking on the planets when Sonic saves them, and I think the end cutscene with the black hole thing, it's been a while since i played it so I could be wrong.

fyi the opening cutscene (CGI one) doesn't introduce Knuckles or Amy, so no it only backs the fact he's saving the critters.

It only had the CGI part where Sonic and Tails were going up the elevator. Actually, all the fmv cutscenes in Colors DS are just edited / shortened versions of some of the CGI cutscenes from the Wii version.

Then my memory serves me proper.

Sonic Lost World 3DS is not the same thing as Sonic Colors DS, otherwise that first cutscene would not have been included.

And why does showing Amy and Knuckles matter? Didn't the entire cast in Sonic Colors DS show up? Where's their cutstene? tongue.png Amy and Knuckles were never even a bullet point on the games website, so I don't think the fact that they're in the second cutscene means anything.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Because in SLW Knuckles & Amy serve some relevant point to the actual story? And not thrown in for cheap side missions for the sake of a cameo?

I don't know, I just don't think we'll be seeing all the cutscenes in the 3DS title despite the upgrade in hardware.

Indigo's got a point. If such a short scene is substantial, they probably could've just done it in text with models like Colors DS and Gens 3DS to save space, but they didn't. They used the animated Wii U version of the scene.

Edited by Dark Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 2

And why does showing Amy and Knuckles matter? Didn't the entire cast in Sonic Colors DS show up? Where's their cutstene? tongue.png Amy and Knuckles were never even a bullet point on the games website, so I don't think the fact that they're in the second cutscene means anything.

At least  I will be able to see Knuckles in motion on my 3DS other than in a picture for 2 seconds

• Thumbs Up 3

Indigo's got a point. If such a short scene is substantial, they probably could've just done it in text with models like Colors DS and Gens 3DS, but they didn't. They used the animated Wii U version of the scene.

That's basically what I'm driving at here.

Having Amy and Knuckles talk to Sonic can easily be done in a storyboard/cut-out sort of deal, why waste space with a compressed Wii U cutscene?

• Thumbs Up 1

It also helps that the game is confirmed to be 1.25 GB, compared to Gens 3DS's 609 MB, showing they're using a bigger cartridge this time around because they're actually putting time and effort into this one.

If you can manage to view the scene again, there's one thing I'd like to know. Does the 3D mode work with the cutscenes, or are they not rendered stereoscopically?

The 3d mode does work with the Cutscenes makes the text pop out

So what you're saying is... the 3D works on the subtitles, but not the footage itself? That's fine, I guess. I wasn't expecting them to have any sort of 3D anyway, so that's cool.

So what you're saying is... the 3D works on the subtitles, but not the footage itself? That's fine, I guess. I wasn't expecting them to have any sort of 3D anyway, so that's cool.

Yeah just subtitles

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes then the cutscenes will be up

okay i just found this i'll post some screens of it when the videos are done but there's a small gold remote control jet that you can get in an item box and it shoots rockets at the enemies

here's the first cutscene

• Thumbs Up 7

Sooooo how many uses do we get w/the demo? Oh yeah btw there's no US demo yet, although I believe the eshop updstes on wednesdays, so I'll check again tomorrow (which is in an hour lol).

Edited by Blue Star Blur

Sooooo how many uses do we get w/the demo? Oh yeah btw there's no US demo yet, although I believe the eshop updstes on wednesdays, so I'll check again tomorrow (which is in an hour lol).

Sorry about the double post blame my phone.

Question: Why are you celebrating the cutscene(s) being motion if they're only Low Res. versions of the originals from the Wii-U version? I mean while there is a clear difference in there, the way the cutscene(s) are being included in here is the same way as the cutscene(s) in Unleashed Wii/SD and the few CGI clips in Colors(DS). I don't get the excitement.