Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

^You got the 3DS version already?

My retailer started shipping these the same day as the Wii-U ones dude. Unfortunately i bought the Wii-U version off Ebay, so that will have to wait till next week.

Is anyone in the UK going to download the game at midnight? Just wondering how long will it take for the WiiU version.

Is anyone in the UK going to download the game at midnight? Just wondering how long will it take for the WiiU version.

I imagine it'll take a fair while, seeing as it's a full retail game with quite a large amount of memory.

Once you start downloading it'll give you an estimation of how long it'll take - if it's a few hours, you may as well leave it downloading and get some sleep so it's all ready in the morning!

I imagine it'll take a fair while, seeing as it's a full retail game with quite a large amount of memory.

Once you start downloading it'll give you an estimation of how long it'll take - if it's a few hours, you may as well leave it downloading and get some sleep so it's all ready in the morning!

I was going to go to my 24 hour Tescos at 12 but their site doesn't list the Wii U version.

Aren't Tesco cutting back on video games and toys though?

My 24 hour one is quite big and i've been for past midnight games but their site only has the 3DS version listed.

Damn can anyone find gameplay or anything for the 3DS version other than fucking Windy Hill Tutorial & Zone 1, jeez >.>

Can't wait for tomorrow ; don't have a Wii U now unfortunately so the 3DS version will have to do :) 

7 minutes till midnight. Will it be available as soon as it turns the 18th? Or will it be later on in the day?

Okay thanks

Promise me you will stream or upload some Desert Ruins Zone 1 & 3, Tropical Coast Zone 2, Windy Hill Zone 2 & 3, Frozen Factory Zone 2 & 3, all of Silent Forest, Sky Road Zone 2 & 3, thats it, (Or at least some of it)

Downloading the 3DS version now :D

@Zazz

I'll try and upload some footage tomorrow. Not sure there's much point since it's the actual release day and other people with recording equipment could do a much better job than me, but I'll see what I can do :)

Edited by Wil348

There is about to be capture card quality footage of the first 3 worlds of lost world 3ds released in a few hours. Check the spoiler thread.

Edited by Blue Star Blur
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll probably record some footage to upload to my channel but there's not much point in me uploading loads of footage since there will definitely be capture quality footage in a few hours.

There is about to be capture card quality footage of the first 3 worlds of lost world 3ds released in a few hours. Check the spoiler thread.

PM me soon as it gets here, im leaving at 10:00, sorry guys D=, Ik you want Zazz the epic & badass rage monster here but I gots HW to do

Okay it's very early days opinion-wise but thus far I think I prefer the 3DS version to the Wii U version.  But don't quote me on that until I've finished it.  Thus far the level design is way better constructed.  Thanks to both tutorial messages and non-optional parkour in the stage design, you cannot pass Windy Hill without perfectly understanding how to control the parkour elements.  I might actually try and apply what I've learned to the Wii U version because a lot of stuff is making sense here now that didn't make sense on the Wii U, like how to keep your speed up when wallrunning.

Also for anyone interested, while the opening isn't in stereoscopic 3D, the rest of the cut-scenes (that use the Wii U's in-game graphics (despite actually being FMV files on the Wii U too)) are.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5

^If you liked the 3DS version much more, then your probably in for a treat given what a GAF user pointed out about it's aspects, like here:

3DS

- MUCH faster.Sonic runs at a proper speed, and once you Spindash it goes really damn fast. This makes the 2D stages feel almost like Rush, which I quite like. 
- Longer stages than the Wii U version. 
- The stages focus way more on Sonic's parkour abilities and the tube-design than the Wii U version does. Some of the tube stages can be a tad boring in design sometimes, but overall it's fun! 
- Because of Sonic's speed, he's a bit more slippery than in the Wii U version. Makes him a little harder to control, but it's not Heroes-bad. 
- The graphics aren't all that. Everything is lit very weird and boring, making the colours a little dull compared to the ridiculously bright and colourful Wii U version. A shame, because the 3DS can do incredibly nice and colourful, almost PS2/Wii quality stuff (Super Mario 3D Land, Kingdom Hearts 3D, etc). 
- You seem to collect Materials after every level, probably based on your rank. These can be brought to Tails' workshop to create RC Vehicles (to help you out I think?). These RC Vehicles can also be transferred to the Wii U version. There seem to be a few Omochao based ones that are still locked with a silhouette. Can't wait to unlock those, haha! 
- Like Sonic Generations 3DS, this version has Streetpass Missions. Doesn't seem like you can unlock those with Play Coins like Generations 3DS though.

Edited by Narukami07

Oh, another thing!  The 3DS version, in a Nintendo handheld Sonic game first, has volume sliders for Music, Sound and Voice levels, though no language options.  Also has movie viewer and sound test.  Like Generations 3DS, it looks like the Sound Test has playlist options so you can listen to it with your 3DS in your pocket (not something I'd use much due to 3DS' lame maximum volume, but cool to have in a pinch).

• Thumbs Up 2

Either way haters gonna hate on the 3DS version even though its the shit & can beat the Wii U version either way. Much faster, true Spindash is rape fast in this game, those stages do focus more on Sonic's parkour abilities & the wisps stand out more in the zones from what i've seen through screenshots & gameplay throughout parts of the zones. The controls are the fucking shit, you can run a clean Zig & still be in control, Special stages controls look gay as shit, like my only complaint on this version.

Famitsu rated this game 34/40 8/9/8/9, 2 points less than the Wii U version & is an average of about 8.5 which is freaking awesome since its the 1st fully 3D handheld Sonic game.

Something I wanted to point out about this version though is that the zones are mostly 3D, theres 1 2D zone per world in this version, there might be 3D 2D switch ups in some parts of the zones but thats pretty much all I have until I get this game on the FUCKING 29TH OF OCTOBER, im seriously gonna hit up Gamestop on the 22nd though to see if they have it..

Oh, another thing!  The 3DS version, in a Nintendo handheld Sonic game first, has volume sliders for Music, Sound and Voice levels, though no language options.  Also has movie viewer and sound test.  Like Generations 3DS, it looks like the Sound Test has playlist options so you can listen to it with your 3DS in your pocket (not something I'd use much due to 3DS' lame maximum volume, but cool to have in a pinch).

Yo tell us about the zones, does Desert Ruins 3DS have any honeycomb/sweet mountain theme somewhere in there, there is chaotic switches in level themes in Sonic Lost World's so just wondering (PLZ SAY YES)