Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

I wonder if the bosses are also slightly better in the 3DS version.....

From what i've heard yea, Zavok's boss in the Wii U version was ass & took way to longer to figure out & beat. In the 3DS version it looks more appealing, its like a free fall where you dodge the lasers & some other shit I forgot from the gay ass 4chan spoilers

Yo tell us about the zones, does Desert Ruins 3DS have any honeycomb/sweet mountain theme somewhere in there, there is chaotic switches in level themes in Sonic Lost World's so just wondering (PLZ SAY YES)

Only played Windy Hill so far so can't say, but prepare for disappointment!  I know the Ruins interior is in there coz I played it at SoS.  Unless they axed the desert exterior trope, either Honeycomb or Dessert will be gone because 3DS only has 3 acts per Zone.

Heading to bed soon but I'll play Desert Ruins now before I do, why not.

Edited by JezMM

Only played Windy Hill so far so can't say, but prepare for disappointment!  I know the Ruins interior is in there coz I played it at SoS.  Unless they axed the desert exterior trope, either Honeycomb or Dessert will be gone because 3DS only has 3 acts per Zone.

Heading to bed soon but I'll play Desert Ruins now before I do, why not.

The Wii U version only has 1 more act than the 3DS version, its not that bad =P. And I heard they changed up some zones in Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS from its demo counterpart (Hint towards Desert Ruins Zone 1) so maybe, & theres multiple themes in these zones like from what i've seen in the Wii U version, zone 4 has like 3 different level layout themes. So maybe we'll see some multiple themes in deez zones, shit I hope so D=

Sooo..

Does anyone know where the fyke the 3DS gameplay is at =O?

Damn Zazz *snork* you seem more pumped up than ever for the 3DS version. XD

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 3

Damn Zazz *snork* you seem more pumped up than ever for the 3DS version. XD

Fuck yea I am, theres really no reason why anyone shouldnt be pumped for the 3DS version, its tha shit!

Btw, wisps are better in this game hands down #Swag

• Thumbs Up 2

I played up to Act 3 on Desert Ruins and I'm afraid there's no Honeycomb or cakes for anyone.  Act 1 is Exterior Desert, Act 2 is Interior Desert, and Act 3 is Exterior Desert again.  I doubt the Boss Arena will be Honeycomb or Dessert themed as it wouldn't match up to the cut-scene recorded from the Wii U version.

The Wii U version only has 1 more act than the 3DS version, its not that bad =P. And I heard they changed up some zones in Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS from its demo counterpart (Hint towards Desert Ruins Zone 1) so maybe, & theres multiple themes in these zones like from what i've seen in the Wii U version, zone 4 has like 3 different level layout themes. So maybe we'll see some multiple themes in deez zones, shit I hope so D=

Sooo..

Does anyone know where the fyke the 3DS gameplay is at =O?

Just wait man it takes a long time to upload 1080p 1-2 hour gameplay. Read the uploader comments of this video, I asked him about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AKO_GH14Q

I played up to Act 3 on Desert Ruins and I'm afraid there's no Honeycomb or cakes for anyone.  Act 1 is Exterior Desert, Act 2 is Interior Desert, and Act 3 is Exterior Desert again.  I doubt the Boss Arena will be Honeycomb or Dessert themed as it wouldn't match up to the cut-scene recorded from the Wii U version.

Wait so Act 1 and act 3's music in the 3ds version is the same music, because act 2 from the wii u version would seem unfitting, and act 3 would be crazy unfitting.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO HONEYCOMBBBBBB OR CANDYYYY

Just wait man it takes a long time to upload 1080p 1-2 hour gameplay. Read the uploader comments of this video, I asked him about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AKO_GH14Q

Wait so Act 1 and act 3's music in the 3ds version is the same music, because act 2 from the wii u version would seem unfitting, and act 3 would be crazy unfitting.

Act 2 and 3 share music oddly enough, despite Act 3 looking just like Act 1.

What do you think of Desert Ruins for 3DS version so far, JezMM?

Pretty good, though not quite as flowing as Windy Hill.  Act 1 is almost entirely Wisp based and Act 2 is very slow and puzzley (though knew that already from SoS).  Act 3 I only played half a minute of but interestingly it looks like a non-linear level, you can even control the camera.

• Thumbs Up 3

You push L to center it behind you.  No limitations on direction.  Only works on certain stages though.

Oh yeah I played the Special Stage too.  It is awkward as hell though at least there's a button that holds Sonic still so you can readjust to a neutral position, but even then it's really hard to like... wrap your head around the movements you want to make.  I keep holding Sonic still then moving the 3DS when I meant to move the 3DS THEN hold Sonic still.

But yeah, totally incompatible with travelling portable play unless you want to look like a dolt.

Edited by JezMM

You push L to center it behind you.  No limitations on direction.  Only works on certain stages though.

Oh yeah I played the Special Stage too.  It is awkward as hell though at least there's a button that holds Sonic still so you can readjust to a neutral position, but even then it's really hard to like... wrap your head around the movements you want to make.  I keep holding Sonic still then moving the 3DS when I meant to move the 3DS THEN hold Sonic still.

But yeah, totally incompatible with travelling portable play unless you want to look like a dolt.

That was unexpected, using a zelda style camera, z targeting in twilight princess on the wii version.

Edited by Blue Star Blur

A few people here are saying that they prefer the 3DS version, seeing as how that's the only version I can foresee myself buying in the near future, what exactly is it that makes it more enjoyable to those who feel this way? I'm legitimately curious because the Dimps version of any Sonic game is supposed to be the shitty one.

I saw the special stages in the 3DS version and I almost threw up.

The level design seems to be 100x worse and much more boring. The controls are lose very twitchy (moreso than the Wii U version). I'd love to know why some people prefer it.

Damn uni, my game has been at home for 3 days, but I'm all the way in another city and wont get home till 7pm, damn dog! gotta go pick up the wii U version though...

Ah, it sticks to the ancient Egypt trope. I'm seeing mostly good impressions on this version, very good. I hope the puzzles are fun.

Honestly i still haven't played the Wii-U's version yet, but i can say the 3DS has twitchy controls, the level design, while good, is nowhere as interesting as what we saw from Wii-U version, and whoever thought using gyro controls for the special stage was a good idea should be fired for being an incompetent moron.

New impressions after beating Zik:

The game is still good, but damn are there some terribly designed parts.

-Tropical Coast 2 has those badniks that are spheres with spike balls sorrounding them like in the classics. Problem? Well trying to homing attack these badniks is a pain cause you'll always hit the spikes. I had to take advantage of the after hit invincibility to beat them.

Now i know what you're saying: Can't i just ignore them and move on? Actually no, cause this game has that annoying thing from Rush where it locks you into a room full of enemies and in order to move on you have to destroy all badniks. Ugh why do you this to me Dimps? Locking the player till he beats every enemy has nothing to do with what Sonic is about. It's not challenging nor is it particularly fun, it's just annoying.

-Tropical Coast 3 can rot in the flames of hell. You have to use the Drill Wisp to get out of a whirlpool. How? You drill through the giant fan at the top. TOO BAD THE HINT SYSTEM DIDN'T BOTHER TELLING ME THAT! I initially just thought it was an obstacle to avoid so i spent a few minutes dying in this part. I mean the hint system up till this point was pretty good at keeping me from getting stuck, so what the hell happened here?  Also, in order to keep yourself in Drill form and avoid death you have to keep hitting Drill Wisp capsules while continously moving upwards. The problem is that since the drill is always moving in an angle, it's impossible to just go straight up. Combine that with the twitchy controls and it makes getting a capsule way harder than it needs to be. Precise control was absolutely necessary for this whirlpool part.

Like i said, I haven't played the Wii-U version yet, but i tell you, if this is indeed the better version(Which i still seriously doubt) then i have to say I'm disappointed with Lost World.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Tropical Coast 3 is the second worst stage in the game. On top of that, the Drill Wisp is used for all the wrong reasons - it should be for the ground for finding items and short cuts, not for water stages.

That footage of the first 3 worlds of the 3ds version is now up.

Good news tropical coast 3 in the wii u version uses the exact same music as tropical coast 3 in the 3ds version, which means we can get a clean rip.

Edited by Blue Star Blur
  • Thumbs Up 2

Been playing the 3DS version and it's not bad really been enjoying it...besides the worms in Desert Ruins >_> however I like it but this made my day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPrENv9E2RE&feature=youtu.be

This is the cutest thing EVER! XD

• Thumbs Up 2