Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

I think the part where the 3DS' controls shine most is the 3D platforming.  I feel like I can charge forward through 3D precision jumping with confidence on 3DS, I rarely even use the double jump.  On Wii U, I was always using the double jump and it's really hard to get momentum going.

...I wonder if it's going smoother for me because I'm not dashing much?  My R button freakin' sucks so I've been forced to play most of it at Sonic's standard speed.

Yeah, that Zazz fight video illustrates what I'm talking about. Sonic just seems to jerk too far in whatever direction he's going and his jumps seem to be all over the place to the point it looks hard to lock onto him.

That was because he was on a circular plain, if he was on a tube or regular plain, it wouldnt look like that..

Either way the wisps, bosses, level longevity, LEVEL DESIGN(For mostly the whole game, cept a couple stages) are better than the Wii U version's

The 3D platforming was the area I had the most issue with when I played the demo. Sonic would just shoot off like his feet were covered in butter.

That was because he was on a circular plain, if he was on a tube or regular plain, it wouldnt look like that..

That... really shouldn't be an excuse, should it?

Edited by Razorsaw

The 3D platforming was the area I had the most issue with when I played the demo. Sonic would just shoot off like his feet were covered in butter.

That... really shouldn't be an excuse, should it?

Have you played the complete version that just came out in Europe? The demo is way different from the complete game, Desert Ruins Zone 1 in the demo is incomplete compared to its complete version

And your like the 5th person i've heard from thats said the controls were sucky.. The controls are fine, its proabably the fact that its easier to speed up & control when using the 3DS XL because the system is bigger & if you have big hands on a regular 3DS, your gonna have a difficult time..

Edited by Zazz

I never thought I would see the day where the Dimps handheld version of a Sonic game would be superior towards it's Sonic Team console counterpart. I really have no idea whether the 3DS or Wii U version looks better at this point.

To those that have the game, how well do the underwater sections play, and what's wrong with the Special Stages?

I never thought I would see the day where the Dimps handheld version of a Sonic game would be superior towards it's Sonic Team console counterpart. I really have no idea whether the 3DS or Wii U version looks better at this point.

To those that have the game, how well do the underwater sections play, and what's wrong with the Special Stages?

Sonic Advance still exists ya know.

I live in the United States, dude.

Im not psychic, I didnt kno >.>

And how much gameplay have you seen? I've seen Windy Hill through Tropical Coast so far for the 3DS version because of this one youtube uploader. You cant judge this game off the demo either if thats what your implying in your last comments. And the worlds arent  vast & empty, they look fine & look really fun..

EDIT: Double Post Wtf

Edited by Zazz

Sonic Advance still exists ya know.

"Console counterpart".

I'm about 99% sure that Sonic Advance was a handheld only game.

EDIT: Actually, forget what I just said. I forgot that Colors DS was actually pretty good.

Edited by McGroose

I'm just explaining why I'm skeptical, based on the exposure I've already had to it and DIMPS' past precedent.

We cant blame DIMPS because of their past epic slip with Sonic Generations 3DS. Iizuka said that they had to work on a short period of time & that they were just getting a handle on what they could do with the 3DS software. Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS looks way better because Iizuka said that they knew what they were working with for the 3DS this time around & had a long time to cut back & work on the zones in the 3DS version.

it's not just Generations 3DS that makes me wary. In fact, I like that game more than their usual offerings, so...

Dimps did good on Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic Colors DS & Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS. Sonic Generations 3DS had some nice boss fights but it was completely lame, when I look at how good Dimps did with Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS & then I look at Sonic Generations 3DS, I think of all the majorly missed things like making Modern Sonic 3D that could have saved that version, it just depresses me, its sooo lame..

Okay I have completely changed my tune on the Special Stages.  Just reached number 5 and it's impossible.  I can't fathom how you're meant to do it at all, there just literally isn't enough time.  It's also the first one that has forced me to stand up and play it by swinging myself around, too much time is wasted by holding X to stay still and correct my position.

Edited by JezMM

Okay I have completely changed my tune on the Special Stages.  Just reached number 5 and it's impossible.  I can't fathom how you're meant to do it at all, there just literally isn't enough time.  It's also the first one that has forced me to stand up and play it by swinging myself around, too much time is wasted by holding X to stay still and correct my position.

Its possible, someone on youtube is uploading their Super Sonic footage for the 3DS pretty soon. If you say its impossible now though, good look even attempting getting the 7th emerald.

Frozen Factory is a nightmare for me, how to you get into the spring that needs the one snowball into the hole? The part where a snowball follows you that gets bigger the more you move - it's either zone 3 or 4 :(

I guess I just need to find the "start point" for the second pattern of orbs, but when I finish the first pattern it dumps me in the middle of it.  The third pattern has all different colours so you can't attract the orbs unless you grab a fizzly thing, which instantly attracts two -5 second blocks next to it.

Frozen Factory is a nightmare for me, how to you get into the spring that needs the one snowball into the hole? The part where a snowball follows you that gets bigger the more you move - it's either zone 3 or 4 sad.png

You can stun the big snowball enemy by doing a kick, then a homing attack, then a 1-2-3 homing attack on it.  It's a pretty convoluted puzzle.  Remember that snowballs build up regardless of what surface they're on, when trying to get it big enough to fit into a hole.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

You have no Idea how long I was in that hidden pinball table it felt like I was playing collision chaos's boss all over again.

Edited by Time Eater

Can someone upload or stream Frozen Factory? And does Frozen Factory Zone 2(The 2D zone) have a factory theme with ice blocks like the Wii U version?

Every time I use the homing attack on the snowball it just collapses then takes shape again, takes some bit of getting use to but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually!

Every time I use the homing attack on the snowball it just collapses then takes shape again, takes some bit of getting use to but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually!

Err, use Wind Blade Kick yet?

I just tried Special Stage 5 again and discovered that your attract shield stays a LONG time if you collect all the colours in one go - all red, then all blue, then all yellow etc.  The attract shield remained for the entire third pattern despite me collecting all sorts of colours there.  I even got an S rank lol.

The process is, do a wind kick (stuns the big snowball face), homing attack it (makes it drop to the ground), wait for the yellow 1-2-3 cursor to build up, then homing attack again, and it lands in a pile with a thump, keeping it off your back for about 10-20 seconds.  You can also climb onto it to reach high stuff.

Err, use Wind Blade Kick yet?

You probably need to Wind Ki -

What Zazz and Jez said. Two Z's.