Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Yup, think I'm in love with this game loads.

Those Special Stages are the Boss, and (unlike most) probably my one of my favourite parts of Lost World on 3DS - whizzing around the room getting those orbs and all - very interactive (if perhaps inefficient) for playing in public haha! It's certainly nowhere near as broken as I'd read elsewhere, plenty of fun and always leaves me with a smile, even if I lose. 

The rest of this game has been amazing so far (up to Silent Forest Currently). Great graphics (even if slightly washed out), and an amazing soundtrack as usual, very varied too, part Sonic Retro,Part Sonic Adventurey, Part Modern, with some lovely final Fantasy-esque type tracks thrown in for good measure.

I do love that everytime I'm disappointed slightly with the naffy bits (like the 2D sections - camerawork is waaaay too close for my liking) it then delivers the awesomeness back 5 times over. And the little touches (like the user-adjustable camera on the non-running levels) make the platforming elements sweeter to handle (as you've mentioned earlier Jez). There's definitely a lot right with this game, even enough to make up for a few of it's shortcomings.

Also lovely that they didn't skimp out/dumb down too much from the WiiU edition and managed to make this it's own standout game.

So very nice to play with you again Dimps. Wonderful in fact! I missed ya.

Yoo another good review, thanks for that in depth description =D. I feel the same way after looking at someone play the 2D sections, I feel like the camera is to close in & I like the way that the 2D zones are faster than their Wii U counterparts in a couple cases, your in for some major fun in Silent Forest Zone 2 though, Silent Forest in general & most of Sky Road has grind rails out of the blue. Sky Road is, really interesting though..

• Thumbs Up 2

More details about that post-game unlockable:

I've played up to Desert Ruins 2.

• You start every level/checkpoint with 1 ring and there are next to no rings anywhere else.  You may spot the occasional 5-ring as a reward for exploration, and elemental shields still appear.  For the rest though, you better hold tight to the one they give you!
  • No red rings to collect.
  • Unfortunately, unless they're gonna switch it up later, it seems ALL stages have that purple-tinted purple clouds/floating in space aesthetic, that one isn't unique to Windy Hill.
  • There are extra lives EVERYWHERE.  I started Hard Mode with about 60 and had 99 by Desert Ruins 1.
  • Windy Hill 3 and Desert Ruins 1 weren't massively changed, but Windy Hill 2 had way more manual parkour, with easier routes that were in the original level removed.
  • You can play individual acts of a zone in any order, including the boss, but you must clear them all to unlock the next zone.

So very nice to play with you again Dimps. Wonderful in fact! I missed ya.

So very nice to see YOU again Sonicka!  Thought you had been long lost to the vengeful sea of the real world!

Edited by JezMM

If anyone was wonderin about the wisps though, heres how you unlock em:

Indigo Astroid unlocked in: Desert Ruins Zone 1

Yellow Drill unlocked in: Tropical Coast Zone 1

Ivory Lightning unlocked in: Frozen Factory Zone 1

Gray Quake unlocked in: Silent Forest Zone 1

Cyan Laser unlocked in: Sky Road Zone 1

Red Burst unlocked in: After Lava Mountain I think

Replayable zones after unlocking wisps that are way more fun & playable:

Desert Ruins Zone 2, Yellow Drill speeds up this zone way more & gives you your other 3 Red Star Rings underground.

Desert Ruins Zone 3, Gray Quake speeds up the quicksand sliding section & allows you to smash through some bricks in the 3 annoying worm section. Then you can attack the Lego cube headed thing & some other shit happens in the course of the zone.

Tropical Coast Zone 2, Ivory Lightning. While climbing up the factory esque juice grinder/Tropical coast grasslands you go back to the juice grinder & grinding some fruit you get to use the Ivory Lightning to take yourself higher in the juice grinder, some shit happens idk.

Windy Hill Zone 2, Red Burst. You now get to burst your way through this level in style & not have to worry about the fire thats in the zone, Red Burst also owns the shit outta those giant Catterworm's. Im not gonna spoil all the fun.

Windy Hill Zone 1, Indigo Astroid. You can now blast your way through those moving rocks & at the end of the zone you get to take rocks into your Astroid Ring & consume that giant Pink Catterworm, epic =D.

Windy Hill Zone 3, Cyan Laser. You shoot your way through this zone with the Laser & also open alot of new paths, gonna let you see that on your own XD.

Frozen Factory Zone 2, Cyan Laser. This zone is way faster paced & doesnt involve a shit load of platforming when using the laser, ill let you see the epicness for yourself, was dissapointed the factory theme didnt take place =(

Silent Forest Zone 3, Cyan Laser. OOOOH kill em, the laser makes this zone way more fun & faster paced, have fun.

Sky Road Zone 3, Red Burst. The Red Burst is really helpful for blasting its way around the zone & also allows you to shoot yourself through the fire of the lava eruptions & your now immune to Zavok's dragon mech.

Yoo another good review, thanks for that in depth description =D. I feel the same way after looking at someone play the 2D sections, I feel like the camera is to close in & I like the way that the 2D zones are faster than their Wii U counterparts in a couple cases, your in for some major fun in Silent Forest Zone 2 though, Silent Forest in general & most of Sky Road has grind rails out of the blue. Sky Road is, really interesting though..

I look forward to it! =) Playing around with the Boulder Wisp was loads of fun and great use of the Gyro features. Amazing too that with all those little hints and reminders in-game, they never really get in the way whilst helping to remind you of things, good thing too, because I there is quite a lot to contend with - especially the wisps.

Still overwhelmed by the negativity towards this game for the most part. You think we're playing Sonic and The Black Knight/2K6 or something judging from a lot of those reviews and their scorings. My Inner-Sonic geek obviously boosts my personal grading for the game, but at base level it's easily a competent 80%er.  

• Thumbs Up 1

More details about that post-game unlockable:

I've played up to Desert Ruins 2.

• You start every level/checkpoint with 1 ring and there are next to no rings anywhere else.  You may spot the occasional 5-ring as a reward for exploration, and elemental shields still appear.  For the rest though, you better hold tight to the one they give you!
  • No red rings to collect.
  • Unfortunately, unless they're gonna switch it up later, it seems ALL stages have that purple-tinted purple clouds/floating in space aesthetic, that one isn't unique to Windy Hill.
  • There are extra lives EVERYWHERE.  I started Hard Mode with about 60 and had 99 by Desert Ruins 1.
  • Windy Hill 3 and Desert Ruins 1 weren't massively changed, but Windy Hill 2 had way more manual parkour, with easier routes that were in the original level removed.
  • You can play individual acts of a zone in any order, including the boss, but you must clear them all to unlock the next zone.

So very nice to see YOU again Sonicka!  Thought you had been long lost to the vengeful sea of the real world!

Sounds like the struggle hit the Lost Hex hard in hard mode LOL. I cant wait to hear how they fucked up the other zones, Idk how the purple cloud space theme is gonna make sense in Sky Road zones 1 & 2. It'll make Frozen Factory Zone 3 feel more like its Wii U brother & the snowball spindash level though.

The bullshit hate towards this game pisses me off extremely >.>

I wont even explain how I feel unless you want a resume, it makes nooo sense at all

And to you as well! =)

Well, I've actually been in the background here for a while (and still am mostly for lack of time to post these days), but after SA.net was largely abandoned I jumped ship (to continue your sea-faring metaphor) over to ONM for reasons even I cannot fathom.

Tis nice to be posting back in the Sonic community though, I did miss home. 

Guys there are more zones for the 3DS version,

N3DSItalia

"If you collect all the Red Star Rings (15) in an area, it unlocks a new level in the same area."

YESSSS, more chances for strange zones to appear in the 3DS version like the Honeycomb, sucks the Red Star Rings are ass to collect though..

Good luck you guys who have a copy of the game & be sure to tell us how the Red Star Ring zones are & more of what they do =D, this also means maybe more areas for wisp powers to be used.

So i just finished it too. Again, i still haven't got the Wii-U version so nothing that i say here concerns it. For all i know i could love the Wii-U version.

Wow. It's amazing. It's amazing to me how bad this game is. I already talked about Tropical Coast and the Special stages my two previous posts in this topic so search for that if you haven't read it yet. Shouldn't be hard.

Sonic Lost World 3DS is in my opinion the most subtly bad of all the 3D games. It's not like Sonic 06 or Shadow where it's easy to see it's terrible just by watching it on Youtube or Secret Rings where playing a level tells you it's terrible. Doesn't even have any stupid gameplay styles like the Werehog.

The big problem with this game is its extremely bad design and the control problems.

Am i the only having problems with the homing attack? I swear sometimes i lock on to an enemy, press A and nothing happens. It's no problem with my system, since i can play other games with no problems.

Desert Ruins is a bore. Every 2 minutes It locks you into a place and makes you kill all enemies to move forward. SEGA, I thought you were done having stupid beat em up sections in Sonic games.

Frozen Factory 3 is a stage with slow ass puzzles where you push snowballs around till they're big enough to fit in holes or stand on top of switches so you can move to the next section. YES. They actually made a level out of Ball puzzles. Sonic 06 fans rejoice. How exactly does this fit into the speedy platforming that Sonic should be about? Oh and while you do this, there's this snowball with a face that chases you nonstop that freezes you if it touches you. It doesn't even damage you, it just forces you to mash A to free yourself. This isn't challenging, it's just extremely annoying.

Silent Forest makes use of what i like to call "The rock mushroom with gyro controls" wisp. The gyro controls are better than in the special stages, but here's the problem: YOU CAN'T STOP ROLLING. You have to wait till the gauge runs empty. Combine that with the fact that some areas are quite small in width and you get a very inconvenient wisp that is constantly giving you problems.

Also an act with 90% consisting of just grinding. Apparently we haven't learned anything from Rail Canyon.

Sky Road has similar problems. Clunky platforming with the asteroid wisp. Why the hell is Sonic always moving forward while in this form? I can understand this for the Rock wisp, but if you want me to do precise platforming you need to have a better camera system and give me the chance to stop and do it carefully.

Lava Mountain is a boss rush...I guess Dimps just said "fuck this shit, just slap a boss rush for the final zone". Then again considering how bad the levels in this game can get i guess it's a blessing in disguise. The bosses in this game range from ok to annoying. Screw Zeena's boss fight, the Thunder wisp almost never locks into what i want most of the time.

Also one major problem is how this game does a terrible job at hinting you what you're supposed to do in certain sections. How was i supposed to know i had to use the wind sickle on the snowball with the face and homing attack it till it becomes a pile of snow(Obviously right? Attacking a snowball makes it change shape, don't you know that?) that i have to use to get to high places? How was i supposed to know i can only kill the giant worms by homing attacking them in a specific part of their bodies?

The music is great as expected, but honestly, i think it's one of Ohtani's worst soundtracks. 06 is still his worst(Though the soundtrack is still very good) but honestly, the music isn't as epic or catchy as Unleashed and Colors.

The graphics are meh. It looks subpar. Definitely not as good as 3D Land or Uprising.

I'm sorry Jez, but i have no idea what you see in this game. You certainly have alot more tolerance than i do, so i commend you.  I was constantly annoyed, bored or frustated during 90% of this game, that's a problem to me.

So yeah, sorry guys, but as far as the 3DS version is concerned, I'm one of the haters sad.png .

Edited by Noctis Caelum

So i just finished it too. Again, i still haven't got the Wii-U version so nothing that i say here concerns it. For all i know i could love the Wii-U version.

Wow. It's amazing. It's amazing to me how bad this game is. I already talked about Tropical Coast and the Special stages my two previous posts in this topic so search for that if you haven't read it yet. Shouldn't be hard.

Sonic Lost World 3DS is in my opinion the most subtly bad of all the 3D games. It's not like Sonic 06 or Shadow where it's easy to see it's terrible just by watching it on Youtube or Secret Rings where playing a level tells you it's terrible. Doesn't even have any stupid gameplay styles like the Werehog.

The big problem with this game is its extremely bad design and the control problems.

Am i the only having problems with the homing attack? I swear sometimes i lock on to an enemy, press A and nothing happens. It's no problem with my system, since i can play other games with no problems.

Desert Ruins is a bore. Every 2 minutes It locks you into a place and makes you kill all enemies to move forward. SEGA, I thought you were done having stupid beat em up sections in Sonic games.

Frozen Factory 3 is a stage with slow ass puzzles where you push snowballs around till they're big enough to fin in holes or stand on top of switches so you can move to the next section. YES. They actually made a level out of Ball puzzles. Sonic 06 fans rejoice. How exactly does this fit into the speedy platforming that Sonic should be about? Oh and while you do this, there's this snowball with a face that chases you nonstop that freezes you if it touches you. It doesn't even damage you, it just forces you to mash A to free yourself. This isn't challenging, it's just extremely annoying.

Silent Forest makes use of what i like to call "The rock mushroom with gyro controls" wisp. The gyro controls are better than in the special stages, but here's the problem: YOU CAN'T STOP ROLLING. You have to wait till the gauge runs empty. Combine that with the fact that some areas are quite small in width and you get a very inconvenient wisp that is constantly giving you problems.

Also an act with 90% consisting of just grinding. Apparently we haven't learned anything from Rail Canyon.

Sky Road has similar problems. Clunky platforming with the asteroid wisp. Why the hell is Sonic always moving forward while in this form? I can understand this for the Rock wisp, but if you want me to do precise platforming you need to have a better camera system and give me the chance to stop and do it carefully.

Lava Mountain is a boss rush...I guess Dimps just said "fuck this shit, just slap a boss rush for the final zone". Then again considering how bad the levels in this game can get i guess it's a blessing in disguise. The bosses in this game range from ok to annoying. Screw Zeena's boss fight, the Thunder wisp almost never locks into what i want most of the time.

Also one major problem is how this game does a terrible job at hinting you what you're supposed to do in certain sections. How was i supposed to know i had to use the wind sickle on the snowball with the face and homing attack it till it becomes a pile of snow(Obviously right? Attacking a snowball makes it change shape, don't you know that?) that i have to use to get to high places? How was i supposed to know i can only kill the giant worms by homing attacking them in a specific part of their bodies?

The music is great as expected, but honestly, i think it's one of Ohtani's worst soundtracks. 06 is still his worst(Though the soundtrack is still very good) but honestly, the music isn't as epic or catchy as Unleashed and Colors.

The graphics are meh. It looks subpar. Definitely not as good as 3D Land or Uprising.

I'm sorry Jez, but i have no idea what you see in this game. You certainly have alot more tolerance than i do, so i commend you.  I was constantly annoyed, bored or frustated during 90% of this game, that's a problem to me.

So yeah, sorry guys, but as far as the 3DS version is concerned, I'm one of the haters sad.png .

Damn this just makes the 3DS version look like ass, I see great things about the 3DS version all around & then theres like 10 people who hate it >.>, if you took the time to get a hang of the controls & take control of when to use the wisps & how to control the wisps easier you probably wouldnt hate it cause thats like 90% of all complaints about this game.

Your right the gyro controls for the special stages are annoying as shit but the Gray Quake wisp isnt as bad as you make it sound, hit the Sonic icon again & you can turn the Quake wisp off.

Silent Forest Zone 2 isnt bad at all & actual has ground portions, the Wii U version can have rail grinding zones like Tropical Coast Zone 3 & Lava Mountain Zone 2(Eggmanland Part 2) but when the 3DS version has a rail grinding zone & actual makes it fun it turns out to suck as much as Rail Canyon >.>

Your killing the vibe for Desert Ruins man, Desert Ruins Zone 1 is fun as hell, It makes a great use of the Indigo Astroid wisp & the Sandworm chase is downright epic. I agree Desert Ruins Zone 2 is slow paced & includes puzzles but its the same as the Desert Ruins Zone 1 tower sections for the Wii U version, if you come back with the drill wisp this level gets 100% faster & funner, trust me. Desert Ruins Zone 3 is way more epic when you come back with the Gray Quake wisp, see for yourself.

Frozen Factory Zone 3's puzzles are annoying I agree, but when you figure our what to do & how to do it quicker, it gets way better. And if you found the Ivory Lightning power ups in this level it wouldnt be as bad as you make it sound.

The controls are fine, you could do a straight zig zag & still be in perfect control, I've only heard from like 5 to 10 people that the controls on this version are bad, everyone else agree's the controls are great.

I agree, they dont hint you enough in this game, you just gotta go & figure it out for yourself. You got the Homing Attack, Somersault, Spindash & Parkour. They basically just tell you to figure it out on your own in most cases, but its not as annoying the 2nd time around.

Lava Mountain in the Wii U version is ass, its basically a boss rush to, they just extend it out & give you areas to run around in so you dont feel like your only fighting bosses.

The levels in this game arent ass at all, some of the zones in this game are better than their Wii U counterparts & the levels in all are interesting, replayable & fun. The 3DS version is a pretty superior version IMO & most people would agree.

Sorry if im nagging but this version is amazing as fuck, point blank cool.png .

Edited by Zazz
  • Thumbs Up 2

That just made me look less and less forward to the 3DS version even more.....

I want to assure you I was actually really enjoying the game at first. Windy Hill is in my opinion where this version peaks. Windy Hill is what the entire game should have been: Speedy platforming with momentum based parkour.

After that the game becomes a mesh of Mario inspired concepts that don't have anything to do with Sonic.

...........Huh. I think after this i'll probably avoid touching Dimps-Sonic games like a plague from now on.

Wii U version it is then (even if i know that one has flaws too).

EDIT: Wtf? Apparently another person on GAF liked the 3DS version much more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86686945&postcount=811

Edited by Narukami07

...........Huh. I think after this i'll probably avoid touching Dimps-Sonic games like a plague from now on.

Seeing as though opinions could be very diverse here it would probably be a good idea to look up some videos or try the 3ds version out (whether it be rental or demo) before making a final judgement based on one members review on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your right the gyro controls for the special stages are annoying as shit but the Gray Quake wisp isnt as bad as you make it sound, hit the Sonic icon again & you can turn the Quake wisp off.

What? I was not aware you could turn the wisps off. Again, thanks for leaving me in the dark game.

Also if i have to come back for a second run with a wisp i gained to enjoy a level, that's not good design.

Sonic Colors levels were perfectly fine even without the wisps.

Edited by Noctis Caelum
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Wtf? Apparently another person on GAF liked the 3DS version much more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86686945&postcount=811

Well, we all have our opinions so ehh.. I see more good opinions than bad opinions though so im callin this version superior IMO

I think someone needs to read the tutorials concerning some of those wisps rolleyes.gif  

You can actually stop by the way, just by pressing the "return to Sonic-mode" button. 

Shame you couldn't get on with the game though NC. I've been having a blast so far, personally I have found the controls are very intuitive and easy to play, even on the slower, more puzzlely levels allowing them to be more fun than a hinderance. Once you've mapped a level layout (like any Sonic game) it makes repeat re-runs a lot smoother and fun too, especially when hunting for shortcuts on speed-runs and Red rings. 

Nothing wrong with a bit of Mazza type gameplay though. I think if Sonic moved like he did in Generations then I'd be up in arms. Luckily the slower levels doesn't detract from the fun here thanks to slower movements, the double jump, the parkour, and the wisps involvement. =)

• Thumbs Up 2

What? I was not aware you could turn the wisps off. Again, thanks for leaving me in the dark game.

Also if i have to come back for a second run with a wisp i gained to enjoy a level, that's not good design.

Well you know its ment to have more replayability, you cant fully enjoy a zone thats ment to have more action & adventure without using the wisps. I feel like it makes the zones way more interesting the 2nd time around so you can speed through & take the more diverse paths while enjoying the game & collecting Red Star Rings =D

I have also just now finished the main levels on the 3DS version so for comparison:

• Still looks great, though video quality is horrendous. Sound quality is great though.
  • Nice strong 3D effect that doesn't cause the framerate to plummet.
  • For those who like 2D, there is definitely some anti-aliasing when the 3D is off.
  • Level variety is an improvement in my book. More puzzley stuff and exploration.
  • Much more time to explore and enjoy the level design. And in minutes and seconds too. (Usually 10+)
  • Sonic almost feels too responsive at first, but once you get used to that the platforming becomes nice and fluid. Great control over his movement and even has a camera reset on stages that need it.
  • Parkour is used all over the place, and is a lot easier to use. (Unlimited boosts horizontally, one-off boost vertically)
  • Bosses are more varied too. Still easy, but not as easy as the Wii U version.
  • Plenty of lives here. And they aren't reset when you quit.
  • Gyro controlled boss is the worst one. Mandatory 360 swivelling.
  • Secret Levels are pretty baffling to control, but I still say it's a step up from the one from Sonic Heroes.
  • And having just finished watching the credits... Hard Mode unlocked.

So yeah, DIMPS have actually got the superior game here.

3DS version is great fun, and different enough from the Wii U version to make buying both little more worthwhile.

I'll be back with more impression of the 3DS version after I've finished it some more. =P  (I cant turn this fucking bold off) Anyway, there is an extra level in each zone after collecting all 15 Red Star Rings in that area (5 per zone, 3 zones per area) I hope this means some zones from the Wii U version will pop up in the 3DS version, like the Honeycomb or Candy for Desert Ruins, Night zone for Windy Hill (not exactly needed), Grind rail zone for Tropical Coast or Fruit splashing zone, Snowball spindash zone or casino zone for Frozen Factory, Purple Lightswitch type ruin like Silent Forest Zone 4 for the Wii U version but a different version of the zone entirely for the 3DS version, or a Yellow Drill sequence in 2D. Then for Sky Road we should get a Silent Forest themed level, thats what I want from the extra Red Star Ring zones =D

• Thumbs Up 3

Seeing as though opinions could be very diverse here it would probably be a good idea to look up some videos or try the 3ds version out (whether it be rental or demo) before making a final judgement based on one members review on it.

If only Sonic released the damned demo of it soon.....

In my opinion games should be smart enough to subtly give players hints to certain stuff, specially Sonic games, where a quick pace is essential. Making me have to go around trying everything imaginable till i accidentally find out that snowball is a potential platform is not fun.

Edited by Noctis Caelum

Damn sad to hear you didn't enjoy your experience Noctis, especially since you don't have the Wii U one as an alternative.  I'll respond to some stuff you didn't "get" though.

I never had this issue, dunno what to say.

Frozen Factory 3 is a stage with slow ass puzzles where you push snowballs around till they're big enough to fit in holes or stand on top of switches so you can move to the next section. YES. They actually made a level out of Ball puzzles. Sonic 06 fans rejoice. How exactly does this fit into the speedy platforming that Sonic should be about? Oh and while you do this, there's this snowball with a face that chases you nonstop that freezes you if it touches you. It doesn't even damage you, it just forces you to mash A to free yourself. This isn't challenging, it's just extremely annoying.

I was fully expecting this level to get a lot of hate. I enjoyed it but it certainly went on far, FAR too long. It also wasn't communicated very well in the first area that the intial holes are meant to be filled with snowballs on that island, and you unlock said snowballs by putting snowballs in holes on the nearby islands.

Despite all the usually helpful tutorials in this version, they forgot a key thing - this is the only Wisp you can cancel. You can tap the Sonic head icon on the touch screen at any point to deactivate. The level makes a lot more sense after you know this.

The Wii U has a level like this too. I personally enjoyed both - in fact I hated the unnecessary little enemy fights they stuck here and there during the level, when the Wii U one was gorgeously flowing all the way through.

Yeah Sky Road had pretty awful camera work. You can adjust the direction but it's so far away.

I feel like this was a more budget related decision considering all the love and detail and fresh ideas (like them or not) that went into the rest of the game. But yeah it was lame. Zeena I had no trouble with first time but I had trouble locking onto stuff in the rematch.

Generally I adopted a rule of "if homing attacking doesn't work, try air kicking"... pretty much works on any enemy. If either only stuns them, return to step 1 while they are stunned. I figured out how to deal with the creepy snowball face pretty quickly.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

In my opinion games should be smart enough to subtly give players hints to certain stuff, specially Sonic games, where a quick pace is essential. Making me have to go around trying everything imaginable till i accidentally find out that snowball is a potential platform is not fun.

Ya gotta remember though, this game has entirely different gameplay & controls than the Boost gameplay & controls that everyone loved back in the Boost Era & your not the only one who hated the Frozen Factory Zone 3 at 1st but people got better at it & liked it the 2nd to 3rd time around even more.

• Thumbs Up 1

If only Sonic released the damned demo of it soon.....

Actually that demo is a lie, so consider that a blessing.

Windy Hill is not a reflection of what the game is. I swear, it's like after that zone they switched developers.

Btw, someone get all the Red Star Rings in Desert Ruins & tell us what Zone 4 or the extra zone looks like, im dying to know