Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Special Stages look alright, sucks when the glass domes come in & they get harder. And SUPER SONIC DOESNT HAVE BOOST LIKE IN THE WII U WTF. Also Jez is you could, upload some Super Sonic footage in Sky Road Zone 1 =D. 

The one thing I don't like about this game is the fact that, yes Super Sonic can use wisps but it cancels out the transformation. At least give Super Sonic the ability to use wisps & make them stronger, I would love to see a gold colored Indigo Asteroid with Red Eyes & it starts off with full debris with longer wisp power usage, that would be FUN AS HELL.

Another thing im not really happy about is the fact that the extra zones are underwhelming, I love them & all but I feel like they were a waste of space & good time collecting Red Star Rings. My idea of Extra Zones for doing so much work to collect the Red Star Rings would be to give us rewarding zones that are like the zones off the Wii U version. I would have prefered the Extra Zones to switch from 2D to 3D so we get a mix of both instead of the whole full 3D almost rehash of the zone. I would want something like the Honeycomb in Desert Ruins as an Extra Zone & the Storm Cloud Desert Ruins for Sky Road, Idk if anyone else feels this way but I sure do.

Overall I love the 3DS version & I cant wait to fucking finally pick up my copy next week, good thing I dont have school Friday or Monday because for some reason going through a school day feels sooooo extra slow and boring... When I get off of break which is ironically the 29th of October, ill have my copy of Sonic Lost World 3DS & I might be online to hang with you guys & discuss shit about the game but I really might just have my eyes glued to my 3DS the whole day & not really give a shit about the Interwebzz.

Btw, who's making a walkthrough/playthrough/stream of the 3DS version when it comes out the 29th?

The extra stages could have been done better? yes, but they're still pretty awesome. I mean, at least they change the gameplay mechanics and add new gimmicks and color powers, so it doesn't feels like you're repeating the exact same level.

I'm not sure if I would like Super Sonic wisps, I mean yeah it would be gorgeous to see the wisps super transformed, but Super Sonic is more than enough OP, and all the new color powers (and Red Burst...) seem really descructive, so it would they would be totally broken, and if that's not enough, almost all color powers make Sonic move forward automatically, and since Sonic's speed increases on it's super form...

And more likely, I'm doing a walkthrough of Sonic Lost world when I have a copy =).

Edited by Dan a hed

Reading this thread and FINALLY catching up to this page, I may actually consider giving the 3DS version another shot.

I did not enjoy the demo at all, but some of the comments a few pages back mentioned that the final version of the game is very different from the demo, especially with the controls. That gives me hope. 

Edited by canderson

I just finished Hard Mode.  Holy hell Sky Road Act 3 is brutal.  So is Zavok.  Final Boss didn't give me too much trouble, got hit once but managed to grab my ring again.  Nothing unlocked for the trouble.  Just need to do the Extra Stages now, and then I might try S ranking.

I will say I started to get a little impatient during Sky Road.  They upped the difficulty by adding -ridiculous- amounts of enemy swarms and you're just knocked about all over the place.  There's projectiles everywhere, you get hit, grab your ring, flickering wears off, you get hit again, it's awful.  That slow get-up speed really starts to grate after a while.

Also if you die on a boss and are going for an S-rank, make sure to pause and restart.  The timer keeps going even though there's no checkpoints during bosses so you're starting fresh.

I'm glad we got the Wisp levels.  I agree I'd rather have proper levels, but if this was a case of budget - either money OR memory-wise - I'm glad we got these rather than nothing at all.  As well as Super Sonic being a mid-game reward rather than being the final reward.  I consider him for granted these days, him being the reward for Red Rings in the Wii U doesn't interest me much at all.

Edited by JezMM

I'm glad we got the Wisp levels.  I agree I'd rather have proper levels, but if this was a case of budget - either money OR memory-wise - I'm glad we got these rather than nothing at all.  As well as Super Sonic being a mid-game reward rather than being the final reward.  I consider him for granted these days, him being the reward for Red Rings in the Wii U doesn't interest me much at all.

About Super Sonic on the Wii U. Getting all the red rings immediately get you all the chaos emeralds or is there something similar to colors.

Okay wow I'm almost hoping someone faster at this game than me can confirm that there is no reward for S Ranking everything because goddamn the Hard Mode Extra Acts have so much Trial-and-Error it is ridiculous.  They expect nothing short of perfection and I've only done the first 4 so far.

About Super Sonic on the Wii U. Getting all the red rings immediately get you all the chaos emeralds or is there something similar to colors.

You just get the emeralds for collecting Red Rings on each Zone.

Okay wow I'm almost hoping someone faster at this game than me can confirm that there is no reward for S Ranking everything because goddamn the Hard Mode Extra Acts have so much Trial-and-Error it is ridiculous.  They expect nothing short of perfection and I've only done the first 4 so far.

Still kind of lame to be honest. At least colors made you go through those mini stages and Generations HD with the bosses. Eh, I guess it makes me appreciate the special stages in Lost World 3DS a little more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait hold on, but what about the ? acts in the wii u version.

Wait hold on, but what about the ? acts in the wii u version.

There's two and they're both friggin' weird but one is good for farming lives.

This is the 3DS topic, so... what about them?

There's two and they're both friggin' weird but one is good for farming lives.

This is the 3DS topic, so... what about them?

Oh right, nvm then.

All Hard Mode Extra Stages clear.  Silent Forest was insanely hard, I couldn't even figure out how to get as far as the first checkpoint.  Worked it out eventually but god.  Thank goodness it turned out to be a short level after that initial pain and suffering.  Lava Mountain Extra was pretty much an endurance test - the damage you do to the boss is so reduced it took me 9 minutes to beat, and I still got an S Rank.

Oh, incidentally, on Hard Mode, Lava Mountain...

Looks really cool.  Instead of the purple colour scheme, all the lava is green, as if you're surrounded by the very energy The Deadly Six have been sucking up.

Time to work on S Ranks, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right. Finally found the time to finish this slice of awesome today. =)

Whilst the game certainly doesn't have that level of polish Nintendo would put to something like 3DLand, DIMPS have obviously  worked hard on their first portable 3D Sonic game (technically second, but you know what I mean), and there is a lot up to scratch here. It's certainly not unplayable, slow, or as frustrating as anything as I've read in a number of reviews.

In actual fact a lot of the main issues most players seem to have is because they don't read the key instructions laid out in front of them. READ THEM. Then you'll have no issues like I didn't. They're there to ensure players don't get lost around the number of differing control schemes since the game makes full use of the 3D/Gyro/Wisps etc... in a variety of ways. The Gyro sections in particular (if you get on board with it), are actually some of the best parts of the game, they've really nailed how to use it properly and effectively for wisp/gimmick use, especially in the Special Stages - they're fluent, intuitive, and more responsive than a regular control stick will give you. Sure, you have to prance around the room like a pratt, but it's all good clean fun. There is also a lovely little thing they did that had me swiveling in my chair smiling during the ending credits. Kudos to them for that interactive experience. =)

Whilst not every level is enjoyable, which are most of the 2D Acts (or 'Zones' as this game continually confuses to progressively call them) because of the zoomed in camera perspective, and a couple of the 'open area' sections which can get a little tedious - because the game mixes things up so often you rarely get bored when it offers something new to do. The open area sections in particular may be slowed down for puzzling, but they do take great advantage of Sonic's new set of parkour moves, his more precise responsiveness of control, and a user controlled camera - so you're never really bogged down to dodgy handling as has been the case in the past.

But when this game is at it's best, it really shines - and this is usually during the special stages and the tubular 3D levels, they're all a test of skill, and you only get better at them with every return/rerun of the level. The new Parkour skills help highlight Sonic's new way of movement and in some way make up for the dropped boost mechanic (and bottomless pits - although you don't notice them as much as you'd think).

Boss battles were also a highlight for me too, I loved the variety of bosses in Dimps Rush games, and it's great to see some fun has been injected back into them again here, never a dull moment and always fun to take the Zeti out.

Speaking of which, yes, technically when the Zeti are defeated they are never seen of again before Eggman comes back into the fray - but if his lines at the end mean anything, then they have merely been set up in this game to return once more in the future.

Overall I give it a Solid 8/10 - The slight unfortunate, somewhat enjoyable, but unexplained forcing of the wisps into the gameplay aside, Dimps have come back stronger than ever. 

Edited by Son-icka
  • Thumbs Up 3

All Hard Mode Extra Stages clear.  Silent Forest was insanely hard, I couldn't even figure out how to get as far as the first checkpoint.  Worked it out eventually but god.  Thank goodness it turned out to be a short level after that initial pain and suffering.  Lava Mountain Extra was pretty much an endurance test - the damage you do to the boss is so reduced it took me 9 minutes to beat, and I still got an S Rank.

Oh, incidentally, on Hard Mode, Lava Mountain...

Looks really cool.  Instead of the purple colour scheme, all the lava is green, as if you're surrounded by the very energy The Deadly Six have been sucking up.

Time to work on S Ranks, maybe.

Did you use any vehicles or gadgets?

Did you use any vehicles or gadgets?

Nope, I don't really get how to unlock them.  Tails has a few that I can build but most are all just ?????'s.  I decided I wanted to try and do it all legit anyway.

Nope, I don't really get how to unlock them.  Tails has a few that I can build but most are all just ?????'s.  I decided I wanted to try and do it all legit anyway.

You upgrade his lab to unlock the ability to use more gadgets and you craft RC vehicles to unlock their upgraded forms.

Odd, in Sonic Portable World (that's what I'm calling it now), the honeycomb stage's music is in Silent Forest 2. Good, I thought it wouldn't have it, I love that track

Odd, in Sonic Portable World (that's what I'm calling it now), the honeycomb stage's music is in Silent Forest 2. Good, I thought it wouldn't have it, I love that track

I think Sonic Small World fits better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why not perpetuate the Mario similarities and call it Sonic Lost Land?

Anyone? Anyone?

...sorry.

• Thumbs Up 6

One more vid from me, to show off how parkour and Wisps can speed up even the most notorious of puzzle levels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUz8W00Lr-I

Why not perpetuate the Mario similarities and call it Sonic Lost Land?

Anyone? Anyone?

...sorry.

Sonic Lost 3D World could work.

• Thumbs Up 1

One more vid from me, to show off how parkour and Wisps can speed up even the most notorious of puzzle levels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUz8W00Lr-I

Using the parkour to skip the shifting platform puzzle. Smart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed it does.  It's a shame they didn't recolour all the levels.  Only Lava Mountain has a unique colour scheme.  For the rest of Hard Mode it's just Purple Hill, Purple Ruins, Purple Coast, Purple Factory, Purple Forest and Purple Road.

Jeez, that doesn't seem hard, they just reuse the level design, the only thing that is change is the lack of rings and different platform placement.

EDIT: Fix the grammar and spelling mistakes... I hate using my phone.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan