Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Jeez, that doesn't seem hard, the only thing that more harder is the lack of rings and platform placement.

It gets much much harder.

Anyone got any tips on making special stages appear? I had to reject a few 'cause I was out and about whilst playing. And as such I finished the main game in normal mode but only have 4 emeralds.

Anyone got any tips on making special stages appear? I had to reject a few 'cause I was out and about whilst playing. And as such I finished the main game in normal mode but only have 4 emeralds.

I assumed it's finish a stage with 50 rings as per the norm.

Indeed it does.  It's a shame they didn't recolour all the levels.  Only Lava Mountain has a unique colour scheme.  For the rest of Hard Mode it's just Purple Hill, Purple Ruins, Purple Coast, Purple Factory, Purple Forest and Purple Road.

Well...

I like purple.

Man, Hard Mode reminds me of End of the World in 06.

Hopefully it's not that cheap.

They would pretty much be extra like stages, just in purple and with structure changes.

Edited by Dan a hed

I assumed it's finish a stage with 50 rings as per the norm.

Nah, it doesn't always work. It's cool anyway for now, I am on the last one, but needed to recharge 3DS, I am on the third bit. The special stages are pretty difficult with the gyro controls thing. Kinda wish the tilting was a bit more subdued, having to literally spin in circles is irritating at times.

Edited by sploit

Nah, it doesn't always work. It's cool anyway for now, I am on the last one, but needed to recharge 3DS, I am on the third bit. The special stages are pretty difficult with the gyro controls thing. Kinda wish the tilting was a bit more subdued, having to literally spin in circles is irritating at times.

Embrace the fact that they're 1:1 to the way you're facing IRL and I find they make more sense than subdued controls.  It means you literally turn your body as sharply as you want Sonic to turn.  I found them very easy to play thanks to this.

Best way to play the special stages is on a swivel chair. Don't try and play on the bus...

• Thumbs Up 5

Embrace the fact that they're 1:1 to the way you're facing IRL and I find they make more sense than subdued controls.  It means you literally turn your body as sharply as you want Sonic to turn.  I found them very easy to play thanks to this.

I got there in the end lol. Just going through the Hard mode at the moment.

Hard mode lives up to its name, I aren't even focusing on the grade, just trying to get through it lol.

Excellent game, but very tough in parts at times even outside of the Hard mode.

Really enjoyed it though.

Can't comment on the Wii version as I don't own a wii u (got the game ready for when I do though).

Damn I missed alot O-o (Its me Zazz btw) 

Well after the long wait, tommorow ends it all huh, we finally get to play Sonic Lost Worlds =P. Im gonna be playing like all damn day idk about you guys, I called Gamestop like 5 times now trying to break the release date because I got bored >.>

Damn I missed alot O-o (Its me Zazz btw) 

Well after the long wait, tommorow ends it all huh, we finally get to play Sonic Lost Worlds =P. Im gonna be playing like all damn day idk about you guys, I called Gamestop like 5 times now trying to break the release date because I got bored >.>

I hear walmart might have it today. 

A Wal*Mart employee was busy stocking the video games section with a cart full of new stuff.. she changed a few labels and this popped up -

IMG_0070_zpsa51be714.jpg

If I had waited another hour for her to finish, I bet it would've been up for sale today smile.png

My impressions of the 3DS version so far

So here is my take of Lost World 3DS so far. I'm up to Windy Hill Zone 3. Let me start off by saying: I HATE the special stages. I was lying on my bed when I had the option of playing. I ended up in my office chair spinning around and I still lost. There is absolutely no sense of direction, I will try looking at Jez's play through to see how to improve on that.

Now on to other aspects of the game. Yes the controls are a little rough to get use to. I had to switch to the D-pad controls cuz the circle pad felt a little awkward. I like the use of the R button for running. and I like the kick somersaults as well. I am enjoying the use of Parkour and love jumping from wall to wall as well as parkouring up the walls as well. Oddly enough I didn't see the asteroid wisp at all yet. Unless I missed something.

Although I lost a few times in Windy Hill Zone 2. I love this stage. Running around the tubes was very entertaining and well as the parkour moves on the walls. I saw at one point while I was parkouring on a wall that you can jump to some boost rings to the right. I really wanted to get to that but I need to practice parkour more before I move on to that.

Windy Hill Zone 3 is also becoming a favorite of mine. I love how that direction of the stage turns as you go through the stage. And I'm loving Zazz's encounters in this level.

Overall, I know I will continue to like this game and it will continue to be one of my favorite 3DS games.

Will crosspost here:

I've discovered through ATTEMPTING to play them in an office chair that Special Stages really are a go all the way or no dice case.  If you keep your 3DS locked at the same position distance from you the whole time, and move your body and head, it will work flawlessly.  Dare to even put a slight little hand twist on it in which the screen is no longer dead center to your line of sight, and Sonic will start going around at weird angles and the stage design becomes instantly non intuitive as previously horizontal patterns become vertical ones (or worse, diagonal).

Imagine the 3DS is glued to your arms, and your arms and wrists cannot move or twist, you can only move your whole upper body.  That should make controlling Sonic easier.

Edited by JezMM

Has anyone tested out the online multiplayer for Lost World 3DS yet?

Like a race, yah I tested that and it really is lagless, you just can't play in 3d, but it's not a necessity.

I just beat the game, I have to say despite some rediculously cheap deaths in certain areas and some of the gimmicks requiring motion controls I highly recommend the 3ds version. As for the special stages they aren't too bad although 7 is just crazy hard I haven't even completed it.

I am up to Sky Road and the Hard Mode at the moment.

Need to do part 2 and the boss act.

Seriously these hard modes are cheap when it comes to trpas and deaths and whatnot. EEEEEEEvil LOL...

...there also appears to be no rhyme nor reason with the grading, one level I got through almost flawlessly (think is was one of the Ice levels...adn got grade D, Sky Road act 3, I died like more times than I could count and even ran out of time...got a grade C? :S

Well, I've beaten the game & unlocked Super Sonic & I have to say, those Special Stages are pretty nice with the exception of Special Stage 6 & 7. Super Sonic is really fast & I abuse his Spindash all the time, the only thing is he is slippery as fuck, (Well maybe it was because I was in Silent Forest Zone 2, that zone is hell but fun as shit) but damn I died like 4 times on the flashing green platforms.

It's been really fun hanging with you guys these last couple months btw ^.^ you guys are awesome. Anyway, the Final Boss is beautiful as shit. I died once because of Eggman's Dark Void/Asteroid after he threw the fireball at me. I love the end of the battle though where all the wisps fly into you & you smash into Eggman like a fireball, EPIC SHIT.

Wisp powers are super fun to use, I like how they have zones set up to play with them, most uses of the required in the zone & some are optional such as Ivory Lightning in Tropical Coast Zone 2 (Tropical Coast Mech Zone). Red Burst is really tricky to use Lol, It runs out pretty fast but I got the hang of it, the explosion radius & damage is epic as shit. I think the most memoral zone for me is Desert Ruins Zone 1 or Silent Forest Zone 3, I love the grinding in Silent Forest btw. Cyan Laser is fun & unlocks lots of replayability in past zones but I feel like it runs out to fast, I was in Windy Hill Zone 3 & I used Cyan Laser, hit a couple crystals & transformed back to Sonic & above me I saw ANOTHER crystal, the distance on Cyan Laser needs to be increased a little & it would be perfect.

Another thing I wanted to mension is how fun 2D zones are. They are so fast paced compared to the 2D zones on the Wii U version which are mostly based on heavy platforming while on the 3DS version 2D zones are really fast paced & add an equal amount of platforming. 3D zones are expansive & have lots of multiple paths later on in the game, I love the level design in this game & give it a 10/10. The controls in this game were a lil tricky as 1st but I mastered them by the time I reached Frozen Factory, & speaking of Frozen Factory... The snowboarding sections are beautiful =D, the controls are a crazy when you have speed shoes on.

Overall 10/10

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone tested out the online multiplayer for Lost World 3DS yet?

I have, it's disappointing.  Only one player can use a Wisp at a time, and it wrecks the gameplay as much as you're probably imagining.  On Tropical Coast Zone, if the other player gets to a Drill Wisp before you, you have basically lost.  You either sit there and wait for them to finish, or can't take the Wisp-requiring shortcuts.

I haven't tried Battle or Special Stage though.

I have, it's disappointing.  Only one player can use a Wisp at a time, and it wrecks the gameplay as much as you're probably imagining.  On Tropical Coast Zone, if the other player gets to a Drill Wisp before you, you have basically lost.  You either sit there and wait for them to finish, or can't take the Wisp-requiring shortcuts.

Ahahahahahahaha what?! That's just all kinds of bad design.

So I took your advice Jez and got my first chaos emerald. eh, I'm not in love with the special stages but at least its a little more tolerable

Jeez, that doesn't seem hard, they just reuse the level design, the only thing that is change is the lack of rings and different platform placement.

EDIT: Fix the grammar and spelling mistakes... I hate using my phone.

Wisps also run out faster. At least in Wisp-centric stges.

I've tried Battle. There's one for each world, sans Lava Mountain. Half are on 3D planetoids, half are on 2D ones (think Zik's boss fight). Each one gives you a Wisp to use (one at a time, like Races). The goal is to have more rings than the opponent(s) at the end of the time limit.

I like it actually. I particularly like how a Super Homing Attack or Wisp attack drops more rings from a target, and the pick-ups are a bit confusing, but I'm figuring it all out (I think).

Fair warning though, it's easy to lose sight of other players, particularly on 3D levels (1-on-1s feel a bit odd at times as we ended up running around grabbing all the rings we could find). Also, the Homing Attack functions like an aimed Jump Dash, but actually homing in on an opponent would be too OP, I guess.

The bright side: A good amount of levels don't require heavy use of "wisping", but still, that's a pretty stupid design choice, oh well, at least it's 4-player mode, which is better than the 2-p multiplayer of the Wii U (yeah I know the wisp stuff it's pretty stupid and can ruin the experience), and it doesn't goes at a horrid 15 FPS like in Gen.3DS...

Hey, I've just S-Ranked every normal stage, which unlocks

nothing.

And am in the process of doing the same for hard mode.

Does anyone want tips for crafting materials? I've made a few mental notes.

I need 300 Silver for something. THREE HUNDRED!!! *rage*

Best way to play the special stages is on a swivel chair. Don't try and play on the bus...

I find the best way to play them is not to play them at all.

• Thumbs Up 3