Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Alright so I've heard very mixed things about this game, but I know many people like Lost World 3DS. I'm considering getting this version since I don't have a Wii U yet. Now I haven't read all 67 pages of this discussion but I'd like to ask a few questions. Were there any levels or cutscenes cut out of the 3DS version? How is the quality of the cutscenes themselves? And how's the online play? Similar to Generations 3DS? And what about the framerate on both online and offline play?

Alright so I've heard very mixed things about this game, but I know many people like Lost World 3DS. I'm considering getting this version since I don't have a Wii U yet. Now I haven't read all 67 pages of this discussion but I'd like to ask a few questions. Were there any levels or cutscenes cut out of the 3DS version? How is the quality of the cutscenes themselves? And how's the online play? Similar to Generations 3DS? And what about the framerate on both online and offline play?

The 3DS version has 3 levels and a boss level in each world. By contrast, the Wii U version has 4 levels per world, with boss battles integrated into the second and fourth level of each world. And though some of the themes are the same between versions, the level designs are all inherently unique.

There are definitely some cutscenes missing in the 3DS version (not loads, but a noticeable few) and the quality of them is... how can I put this lightly... horrendous. They've been compressed terribly and are not done justice at all. They're not unbearable but it's a crying shame that the only version with a cutscene viewer is also the one which has them in the lowest quality.

I can't speak for the online stuff as I haven't tried it. The framerate in the main game is generally fine but certainly gets a bit sluggish on occasions, which is really quite annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

The 3DS version has 3 levels and a boss level in each world. By contrast, the Wii U version has 4 levels per world, with boss battles integrated into the second and fourth level of each world. And though some of the themes are the same between versions, they level designs are all inherently unique.

There are definitely some cutscenes missing in the 3DS version (not loads, but a noticeable few) and the quality of them is... how can I put this lightly... horrendous. They've been compressed terribly and are not done justice at all. They're not unbearable but it's a crying shame that the only version with a cutscene viewer is also the one which has them in the lowest quality.

I can't speak for the online stuff as I haven't tried it. The framerate in the main game is generally fine but certainly gets a bit sluggish on occasions, which is really quite annoying.

Ah, alright. So we get 1 level less per world ala Generations 3DS style. Doesn't sound too bad. Oh, also I heard there are special stages in the 3DS version along with red rings. Well, if you unlock Super Sonic on Wii U by getting all red rings, and on 3DS by getting all the chaos emeralds, what purpose do the red rings have in the 3DS version? I'm guessing maybe they unlock the special stages or something?

Ah, alright. So we get 1 level less per world ala Generations 3DS style. Doesn't sound too bad. Oh, also I heard there are special stages in the 3DS version along with red rings. Well, if you unlock Super Sonic on Wii U by getting all red rings, and on 3DS by getting all the chaos emeralds, what purpose do the red rings have in the 3DS version? I'm guessing maybe they unlock the special stages or something?

Yep, there's special stages which you unlock (I think) by clearing a stage with 50 rings. You're then asked if you want to access the special stage or not - clear all seven and you unlock Super Sonic.

The Red Rings in the 3DS version... uhh... I don't actually know what their purpose is, to be honest. I'm sure someone else who's played the game a bit more thoroughly can tell you though. They're certainly not as essential as they are in the Wii U version.

Yep, there's special stages which you unlock (I think) by clearing a stage with 50 rings. You're then asked if you want to access the special stage or not - clear all seven and you unlock Super Sonic.

The Red Rings in the 3DS version... uhh... I don't actually know what their purpose is, to be honest. I'm sure someone else who's played the game a bit more thoroughly can tell you though. They're certainly not as essential as they are in the Wii U version.

Huh, alright then. Interesting enough the only bad things that I can see in this version is the horrible cutscene quality and slippery controls as described by some. With that said, I think the 3DS version can keep me satisfied until I get my hands on a Wii U. Thanks for the clarification dude.

Huh, alright then. Interesting enough the only bad things that I can see in this version is the horrible cutscene quality and slippery controls as described by some. With that said, I think the 3DS version can keep me satisfied until I get my hands on a Wii U. Thanks for the clarification dude.

No problem! As long as you don't go into the 3DS version expecting anything spectacular you'll probably find some enjoyment from it. There's a lot about it that I personally don't like, such as the forced usage of Wisps and puzzle-based level design in many of the stages, but as a handheld counterpart to a rather unremarkable console game, it's serviceable enough.

The Red Rings in the 3DS version unlock "Extra Stages". When you get all the Red Rings in each Act of a Zone, you unlock an Extra Stage. The Extra Stages, I'm assuming, are mainly focused on Wisp powers. I've only unlocked Windy Hill Extra, so I may be incorrect about the others. The strange thing is that the Extra Stages also have Red Rings to find. Does that mean that collecting all Red Rings in all Extra Stages unlocks an ULTIMATE Extra Stage? Hopefully

Edited by BlastToThePast

The Red Rings in the 3DS version unlock "Extra Stages". When you get all the Red Rings in each Act of a Zone, you unlock an Extra Stage. The Extra Stages, I'm assuming, are mainly focused on Wisp powers. I've only unlocked Windy Hill Extra, so I may be incorrect about the others. The strange thing is that the Extra Stages also have Red Rings to find. Does that mean that collecting all Red Rings in all Extra Stages unlocks an ULTIMATE Extra Stage? Hopefully

Huh, that's actually very interesting! Looks like we have the mystery of the red rings to solve! Aha, but silliness aside I am glad there are some bonus stages on the 3DS version to extend the gameplay a bit since I've head the game is pretty short just like Colors and Generations.

Regarding the cut-scenes, while the quality is very low, it is worth noting that despite being just videos of the Wii U graphics (I know those are videos too but anyway), the cut-scenes do display in stereoscopic 3D, with the exception of fully pre-rendered stuff like the intro and shots of the energy machine.  The cut-scenes look much better in 3D I think, it takes the focus away from the pixellyness since the sense of depth makes things clearer and blend into one another less.

Collecting all Red Rings on the other Extra Stages unlocks the Extra Stage for Lava Mountain, which has no Red Rings to find of its own.

The Lava Mountain extra stage is:

A rematch with the final boss in which he takes considerably less damage from your attacks and starts using his more powerful attacks from the very start of the match.  A real test of endurance on Hard Mode.

I've just finished Sky Road Zone 1. I'd like to post my opinions, likes and dislikes of this game. Graphics This version's textures don't look very good on videos and screenshots, but in it's true resolution, it's pretty pleasing to my eyes. The game is crisp and colorful, and it animates okay. The framerate drops rarely in single player, but frequently in multiplayer if there are more than two players, and when it does, it's either passable or TERRIBLE. Music Marvelous, needless to say. Why am I even covering this category...? Gameplay Let me start with the controls. Sonic is very responsive and I really feel like I'm in control when making him run, unlike in the console version where moving Sonic takes getting used to because of the clunky turning and awkward jumps. Parkour is a bit wishy-washy. Sometimes jumping towards a wall from the ground to run along said wall works, other times is doesn't. This is bad for bottomless pit sections and levels like Sky Road Act 1, where wall running is necessary to progress. I do like that wall running is momentum-based, though. The automated homing attack... Ugh. It's cool for taking down hoards of enemies, but there are moments where I'm trying to double jump towards a platform only to attack to a badnik that's slightly behind me. This happened to me in Silent Forest Act 2 where there was an electric Buzzer near a platform that leads to a Red Star Ring over a bottomless pit. Lives where lost. The Spin Dash is awesome. Its hold-y-to-essentially-boost very good for speeding around obstacles and past opponents in multiplayer. Now for level design. The best level design is in the 3D stages. They're fun to speedrun, wall running is more flexible thanks to the side stepping, they're wide open, and they reward you for stopping to look in breakable objects such as rocks and boxes that contain super rings, red rings and elemental shields. The 2D stages are a bit bland, and some are painful. As for the puzzles, I don't mind them that much. I had fun with apple puzzles in Tropical Coast Zone 2 and replayed that level for fun many times. I think the switch puzzles in Frozen Factory Zone 3 would be more fun if it wasn't for that obnoxious sentient snowball that followed you everywhere. The wisps are alright as well. I've only had issues with Grey Quake's motion controls. Good thing you can turn it off at will. Overall, I think it's a good buy. 7.5/10 for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding the cut-scenes, while the quality is very low, it is worth noting that despite being just videos of the Wii U graphics (I know those are videos too but anyway), the cut-scenes do display in stereoscopic 3D, with the exception of fully pre-rendered stuff like the intro and shots of the energy machine.  The cut-scenes look much better in 3D I think, it takes the focus away from the pixellyness since the sense of depth makes things clearer and blend into one another less.

Collecting all Red Rings on the other Extra Stages unlocks the Extra Stage for Lava Mountain, which has no Red Rings to find of its own.

The Lava Mountain extra stage is:

A rematch with the final boss in which he takes considerably less damage from your attacks and starts using his more powerful attacks from the very start of the match.  A real test of endurance on Hard Mode.

That doesn't as thrilling as I hoped it would be dry.png I was hoping (Despite how ridiculous it sounds) Some sort of mash-up of all the levels, but that would be quite a strain on the 3DS hardware unless there was some way to split up the levels (The giant springs, maybe?) 

Whoever said Sonic Lost World 3DS was much much worse seriously needs to chill, its the best handheld Sonic game ever & it has more lovers than its Wii U counterpart sooo..

Anyway I didn't know you could turn off Grey Quake's motion controls =O, I just figured out you can speed Grey Quake up with the R button though which is extremely more fun for me, especially in Frozen Factory Zone 3 where Grey Quake is essentially needed to get an S rank, well for me anyway. 

I thought that RC vehicles & materials didn't make a big difference at 1st but damn was I wrong. In Sky Road Zone 3 (Hard Mode) I died countless times at the very beginning because of Zavok's Wyvern/Dragon shooting fireballs at me with all those fucking annoying spike balls. I decided to go back & create me a fire shield & what do you know, I actually got an S rank the 1st time around & had much more fun since the Dragon Mech couldn't blast me with its homing fireballs. 

A good place to use some RC vehicles are:

Stealth Jet's: Silent Forest Zone's 2 & 3, I would say Tropical Coast Zone 3 also, Im not sure if it works with the Zeena's Snowball head in Frozen Factory Zone 3. 

Hover Balloon's: Tropical Coast Zone 2(That Red Star Ring can be dickish with Ivory Lightning)

Also something else I wanted to point out was, even if the 3DS version doesnt have mini bosses in zones like the Wii U version they did a pretty good job at substituting them. 

Windy Hill Zone 3: Zazz actually appears in this zone with his Moon Mech to mess around with you.

Desert Ruins Zone 3: Zomom's Lego Head Mech shoots laser beams at you & blows wind at you to defeat/knock Sonic backwards.

Tropical Coast Zone 2: I would probably count the fruit & battle waves in this zone. After you beat this zone I think Master Zik says he was testing you or some shit so yea, I totally count this zone.

Frozen Factory Zone 3: Zeena's Snowman head appears after you make it to around the 2nd section of this zone & chases you. It destroys badniks but also freezes you constantly & eats your snowballs to get bigger. You can also use it as a platform after somersaulting & homing attacking it.

Silent Forest Zone 3: Zor's owl is a fucking douchebag & appears around the 3rd portion of this zone. I recomend the stealth jet because if he spots you, he throws these platforms on the ground that can block better paths you can take in the zone & at the last stretch can kill you unless you have a Cyan Laser wisp to blast yourself away.

Sky Road Zone 3: Zavok's Dragon blast's fire at you & also at the lava spots on the ground to take away your ability to get the better paths in this zone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No, you can't turn off the motion controls, I meant you can turn off the power.

Oh, I knew that. Its really useful but still easy to control if you can time your jumps while using the speed up

it has more lovers than its Wii U counterpart sooo..

Which explains why a majority of the posts are saying it's worse?

• Thumbs Up 4

So yesterday I finally got the copy of Sonic Lost World my mom bought me on his trio to New York, along with a Wii U and the Wii U version, however, I didn't had enough time to play the Wii U version until today, so yesterday I spent all the day playing the Nintendo 3DS version, and I can finally give you guys my thoughts and opinions.

CONTROLS

Though I got used faster to the Wii U version's controls, Sonic feels way more natural on the 3DS, unlike the Wii U version, which feels really good as well, but really stiff and just a bit harder to control on 2D stages. Surprisingly enough, you can control Sonic with the D-Pad and doesn't feels like total shit, thing you can't do on the Wii U version, I don't know why.

WINDY HILL

Tutorial: Totally the best tutorial I've played, "Why?" You may ask. Well, in the first place, it actually has level design, and it's a pretty good level design. With this tutorial you should get used to the gameplay and mechanics of the levels.

Zone 1: A really good starting zone. It uses the parkour properly and it's colorful and pretty good looking.

Zone 2: This>>>Windy Hill ZONE 3 (WII U). It has a pretty interesting level design and a good ambientation. I also loved the glowing effect on Sonic, which I wonder it wasn't on the Wii U version, oh well.

Zone 3: It has better level design than it's Wii U counterpart. It's also more expansive. Zazz's three miniboss battles were pretty easy, but entretaining =>. My only complain is that on EVERY 2D section, the cammera is too zoomed in for my taste. Something weird is that in past Sonic games, like Gens.3DS and Sonic 4, this wasn't a problem for me at all.

ZAZZ: Way better than the Wii U version. It's really easy, but less boring and way more enjoyable.

DESERT RUINS

Zone 1: Really liked it. It has a really good level design and it's really open, I just wished the Indigo Asteroid was a bit more optional~

Zone 2: I enjoyed it a bit more than Zone 1. It has pretty entretaining golden ball puzzles, which weren't frustrating at all, as some said.

Zone 3: Another interesting stage. Woah, it surprises me how this puzzle-based stage didn't frustrate me. I also like how Zomom's giant "Lego" mech is messing around with you, it adds challenge to the level and something more than puzzles and the typical "Destroy X amount of X enemy to proceed!". It also has a somewhat short, but really cool spherical planetoid section.

ZOMOM: "OW YOU'RE THE WORST MEAL EVER!"

Pretty entretaining and fun, but it could have been better if it was a bit more difficult.

TROPICAL COAST

Zone 1: A pretty cool underwater stage, which could have fitted perfectly on the Wii U version. However, those 3D-JAWS are pretty annoying, maybe because if you attack them to the front you take damage, even when using the Yellow Drill color power, and the worst thing is that they're spammed all over the place on most of Yellow Drill's sections, along with a bunch of spiky balls. Yet, the level design and the overall zone is good, but it could have been better if the Drill Wisp wasn't so obligatory, like on Planet Wisp on Colors DS.

Zone 2: A personal favorite. I really loved those apple gimmicks. A really good stage to pass the time and have some fun, however, if you're thirsty and the first thing you wanna drink is apple juice, I don't recommend you to play it =P.

Zone 3: Fuck this zone, well, more like FUCK THE 3D YELLOW DRILL. Seriously, the overall zone is well structured and designed, but the 3D Drill is what makes me absolutely sick of this zone, since it controlls in a pretty awkward way and it's really finicky. The 2D drill sections are not that bad, but on the last ones you have to be really precise in where you are going, because there is just one capsule on certain part of the section (unlike the first section) and if you miss more than 3, you're practically dead, since you'll drown if the Drill power runs out. So yeah, it's not bad, but it's yet my least favorite zone.

MASTER SHIFU ZIK: Another enjoyable boss battle, however, I recommend you to use the circle pad this time, since when you're going down, you'll have to switch to the position you're going to down in order to not fuck up, thing which can be achieved easly if you're using the circle pad.

FROZEN FACTORY

Zone 1: The overall zone is a blast, especially because of the fantastic Snowboard sections and the Ivory Lighting wisp. However, the last snowboard section is a fucking pain in the ass, since it requires extremely precise jumping, mostly because if you fuck up on the most minimal thing you'll fall into one of the many botomless pits this pain of section has. Sersiously, if this section didn't was basically a huge platform on top of nowhere, I could have enjoyed it more .

Zone 2: So far, the best 2D zone I have played. Here, there are no obligatory wisp sections at all, and it's a really well-needed relief after the last snowboard section of Zone 1. It has a really cool level design but, again, I wished the camera wasn't so zoomed.

Zone 3: Just finished it today. At my first two tries, it was a pain in the ass, since I didn't even know what I was supposed to do. However, I found out that it has more entretaining than frustrating puzzles, along with another interesting level design which includes another lovely sphere section. However, be extremely careful with Zeena's snowball, because if you lose sight of it, it will be a real pain in the ass for you. For those who are stuck here, well, most of you should know it but, you have to stun the snowball and then homing attack it, because if you just homing attack it it will freeze you [insert a YOU DON'T SAY image here]. 

ZEENA: Haven't faced her.

I'll give more impressions tomorrow, since now I have to prepare for a test =P.

Edited by Dan a hed
  • Thumbs Up 2

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?501979-What-should-be-kept-tweaked-removed-from-Lost-World

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?502379-Your-pros-and-cons-of-Sonic-Lost-World

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?502439-So-what-do-YOU-think-of-the-3DS-version

I'm not 1 to endorse the SEGA forums cesspool, but shouldn't we also C/P whatever feedback we have here to these feedback threads? as much as they are filled with youtube morons, they are still the official SEGA forums and if we want our feedback to count for anything I think these threads will be watched.

• Thumbs Up 4

So yesterday I finally got the copy of Sonic Lost World my mom bought me on his trio to New York, along with a Wii U and the Wii U version, however, I didn't had enough time to play the Wii U version until today, so yesterday I spent all the day playing the Nintendo 3DS version, and I can finally give you guys my thoughts and opinions.

CONTROLS

Though I got used faster to the Wii U version's controls, Sonic feels way more natural on the 3DS, unlike the Wii U version, which feels really good as well, but really stiff and just a bit harder to control on 2D stages. Surprisingly enough, you can control Sonic with the D-Pad and doesn't feels like total shit, thing you can't do on the Wii U version, I don't know why.

WINDY HILL

Tutorial: Totally the best tutorial I've played, "Why?" You may ask. Well, in the first place, it actually has level design, and it's a pretty good level design. With this tutorial you should get used to the gameplay and mechanics of the levels.

Zone 1: A really good starting zone. It uses the parkour properly and it's colorful and pretty good looking.

Zone 2: This>>>Windy Hill ZONE 3 (WII U). It has a pretty interesting level design and a good ambientation. I also loved the glowing effect on Sonic, which I wonder it wasn't on the Wii U version, oh well.

Zone 3: It has better level design than it's Wii U counterpart. It's also more expansive. Zazz's three miniboss battles were pretty easy, but entretaining =>. My only complain is that on EVERY 2D section, the cammera is too zoomed in for my taste. Something weird is that in past Sonic games, like Gens.3DS and Sonic 4, this wasn't a problem for me at all.

ZAZZ: Way better than the Wii U version. It's really easy, but less boring and way more enjoyable.

DESERT RUINS

Zone 1: Really liked it. It has a really good level design and it's really open, I just wished the Indigo Asteroid was a bit more optional~

Zone 2: I enjoyed it a bit more than Zone 1. It has pretty entretaining golden ball puzzles, which weren't frustrating at all, as some said.

Zone 3: Another interesting stage. Woah, it surprises me how this puzzle-based stage didn't frustrate me. I also like how Zomom's giant "Lego" mech is messing around with you, it adds challenge to the level and something more than puzzles and the typical "Destroy X amount of X enemy to proceed!". It also has a somewhat short, but really cool spherical planetoid section.

ZOMOM: 

TROPICAL COAST

Zone 1: A pretty cool underwater stage, which could have fitted perfectly on the Wii U version. However, those 3D-JAWS are pretty annoying, maybe because if you attack them to the front you take damage, even when using the Yellow Drill color power, and the worst thing is that they're spammed all over the place on most of Yellow Drill's sections, along with a bunch of spiky balls. Yet, the level design and the overall zone is good, but it could have been better if the Drill Wisp wasn't so obligatory, like on Planet Wisp on Colors DS.

Zone 2: A personal favorite. I really loved those apple gimmicks. A really good stage to pass the time and have some fun, however, if you're thirsty and the first thing you wanna drink is apple juice, I don't recommend you to play it =P.

Zone 3: Fuck this zone, well, more like FUCK THE 3D YELLOW DRILL. Seriously, the overall zone is well structured and designed, but the 3D Drill is what makes me absolutely sick of this zone, since it controlls in a pretty awkward way and it's really finicky. The 2D drill sections are not that bad, but on the last ones you have to be really precise in where you are going, because there is just one capsule on certain part of the section (unlike the first section) and if you miss more than 3, you're practically dead, since you'll drown if the Drill power runs out. So yeah, it's not bad, but it's yet my least favorite zone.

MASTER SHIFU ZIK: Another enjoyable boss battle, however, I recommend you to use the circle pad this time, since when you're going down, you'll have to switch to the position you're going to down in order to not fuck up, thing which can be achieved easly if you're using the circle pad.

FROZEN FACTORY

Zone 1: The overall zone is a blast, especially because of the fantastic Snowboard sections and the Ivory Lighting wisp. However, the last snowboard section is a fucking pain in the ass, since it requires extremely precise jumping, mostly because if you fuck up on the most minimal thing you'll fall into one of the many botomless pits this pain of section has. Sersiously, if this section didn't was basically a huge platform on top of nowhere, I could have enjoyed it more .

Zone 2: So far, the best 2D zone I have played. Here, there are no obligatory wisp sections at all, and it's a really well-needed relief after the last snowboard section of Zone 1. It has a really cool level design but, again, I wished the camera wasn't so zoomed.

Zone 3: Just finished it today. At my first two tries, it was a pain in the ass, since I didn't even know what I was supposed to do. However, I found out that it has more entretaining than frustrating puzzles, along with another interesting level design which includes another lovely sphere section. However, be extremely careful with Zeena's snowball, because if you lose sight of it, it will be a real pain in the ass for you. For those who are stuck here, well, most of you should know it but, you have to stun the snowball and then homing attack it, because if you just homing attack it it will freeze you [insert a YOU DON'T SAY image here]. 

ZEENA: Haven't faced her.

I'll give more impressions tomorrow, since now I have to prepare for a test =P.

Great review so far except for the fact that your spelling is a lil off here & there but fuck it, im no grammer nazi. Aaanyway about Frozen Factory Zone 2, when you unlock the Cyan Laser wisp the zone is still pretty wisp optional. It just speeds up the zone & gets you a couple red star rings. 

We your pain bro, Frozen Factory Zone 3 has the most annoying puzzle the 1st time around. When you come back with Gray Quake though, this zone is a breeze. You'll wanna grab it at the one section where they'res multiple capsules & you have to push snowballs on their respective switches to unlock them, you get here by following this one trail of badniks off to the bottom right side I think. After that Zeena's Snowball appears & theres 2 holes to push snowballs in. Push the snowball in the left side & you'll get shot up to an area with 2 penguin's. Look out for lines of rings on some walls in this zone because it's a wall that you can use Gray Quake to scale. 

Your gonna have a hellish time in Silent Forest Zone 2 if your going after some of those Red Star Rings because for the life of me, I still don't know how to do a force jump after zapping with Ivory Lightning. 

Super Sonic is really fun to play with & is a major help on some of these zones. If Zeena's Snowball hits you & your Super Sonic the snowball automatically gets taken out which I had a fuck yea moment at because that thing is so annoying >.>

Super Sonic is also really helpful for Sky Road Zone 3 when your having trouble getting out of the line of fire from Zavok's Wyvern/Dragon thing. He just flicks them off like its nothing, of course you can create yourself a fire shield if you don't wanna use Super Sonic though. 

Special Stages are actually pretty cool with the exception of Special Stages 6 & 7 which are really annoying because you have to get around the glass domes & there's multiple waves of orbs to collect.. I think in Special Stage 7 the last wave requires you to collect 350 Orbs(Tip: Collect timers 1st because by the time you make it to the 350 Orb Wave you'll be pretty low on time from the last wave) 

RC vehicles are really helpful, my favorite are the Stealth Jet's because you go through enemies & can avoid their damage, I dont know if you can go through spike balls though. It's really useful in Silent Forest Zone 3 though (My favorite 2D zone). Tails Lab Lv. 5 is fucking bullshit >.>, it takes sooo many hard to get material that it's not even funny. I think you unlock Omochao RC's, some sort of item in the shields, rings department & also unlock the last of each vehicle. Thing is though, you probably wont even bother getting the hard material you need for the last RC vehicles because you need about 50 gold & other hard to get material for 1 fucking vehicle soo..

• Thumbs Up 1

Cross posting...

Welp, I finally somewhat 100% the game (I didn't got all the red rings) of SLW 3DS so here my probably lackluster review of Sonic Lost World 3DS!

GRAPHICS

I wouldn't say this is the "MOST AMAZING GRAPHICS LIKE OH MY FUCKING DICK" on the 3DS, but it nice and colorful to look at.

MUSIC 

Really hit or miss.

There is a couple of good tracks in this game (Tropical Coast act 3, Sky Road act 3, Silent Forest act 2 and 3 and FROZEN FACTORY LIKE OH MY GOD)

But there is couple of forgettable ones though (Silent forest act 1, Desert Ruin act 2, Tropical act 1).

STORY

*SPOILER WARNING*

The writers really hit the bulleye with this one!

The character interaction is great and the jokes actually made me laugh.

But the overall story feel really... underdeveloped.

The story try to bring up these buildup that doesn't go anywhere, like that subplot of Tails being jealous or the game making a big deal about Sonic screwing up or even Lost Hex! You know, where the game take place? Tails just mention Lost Hex one time and that it. They can put Sonic on some random planet and it still wouldn't effect the story.

And the Deadly Six... I don't hate them or anything, but they are so stereotypical:

Zavok: Evil guy

Zazz: Crazy guy

Zik: Old master guy

Zomom: Fat guy 

Zor: Emo guy

Zeena: Generic Teenager

They seem to be interesting characters but some of them barely have any screen time that I forgot about them.

Also there no point of having Knuckles or Amy, they are just... there.

They only show up in 4 cutscenes and Knuckles only have like 3 or 4 lines in the whole game.

And on the thought of some of the characters being pointless: the Wisps are irrelevant story wise, they are just power ups. They don't explain why they are there at all.

The writing is good, but the story is... meh.

(Oh yea, the 3DS version cutscenes are awfully compressed and some of the scenes are missing which make the disjointed story, more disjointed.)

GAMEPLAY

Well, for this game, they changed up Sonic gameplay... again.

When you hold forward or in any direction, Sonic just jogs, but if you hold the R button, Sonic will run, which also let you do the game main feature: Parkour, and I'm gonna say this: I love the parkour! Some of the levels are really fun to speedrun through with the parkour, but I do have couple problems with it:

- There are some walls where you can't parkour on it which means that you are gonna die a lot if you didn't know this beforehand.

- Sonic really like to run up walls if you are not holding the run button which may cause you screwing up your platforming or losing time.

But sonic controls feel natural and responsive and I never really die due to Sonic being "uncontrollable" and such.

The levels are more puzzle focused, which isn't that bad when you play it in person, plus, if you are good at this game, you can skip some of those puzzles. I didn't find the "defeating X amount of badinks to move on" bit that bad if you know the charged homing attack which helps defeat the bigger robots.

The wisps are hit or miss with me: I enjoyed Lighting and Burst and Laser but that pretty much it.

I'm not a fan of asteroid just because it keep moving forward and quake is annoying to play with the gyro (the gyro controls aren't bad, but I prefer buttons).

The special stages isn't bad, but I won't go back and replay them again. The special stages are controlled with the gyro so if you miss a orb or something, you have to TURN your whole body AROUND to get it which ruins the portability.

The multiplayer is fun, but the online mode lags in some stages (TALKING TO YOU SKY ROAD!).

So in the end, Is Lost World 3ds a good game?

Ehhhhhhhhhh....

Yea.

I found myself playing the stages to get a better time or to get the red rings and the multiplayer really add to the replayability and the game does have a cutscene viewer so you can rewatch the whole story.

and I don't know how to end this so umm... 

I stole a win in the online mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you need help with some of the trickier Red Star Rings like Sky Road Zone 2 or Desert Ruins Zone 1 you can ask me because hell knows how many minutes I spent on Desert Ruins figuring out what to do

And also if you dont like the controls for Yellow Drill in Tropical Coast Zone 3 (Amazing ass zone) it tells you that you can invert the controls with the L button so that instead of the normal Down is up & up is down you can play with down being down & up being up

And for some strange reason S ranking in this game feels so amazing to achieve, they really brought up the difficulty. So far my highest S rank score would be Silent Forest Zone 3 with I have a score of around 180,923 or something like that(Cyan Laser really helps)

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering if somebody could help me with the system transfer from 3DS to Wii U. Tails Lab is level 3, and I have RC vehicles built, but when I select the transfer option it tells me that I need to be level 3 and have RC vehicles built...

I was wondering if somebody could help me with the system transfer from 3DS to Wii U. Tails Lab is level 3, and I have RC vehicles built, but when I select the transfer option it tells me that I need to be level 3 and have RC vehicles built...

I've been having the same issue too, except I've got Tails' Lab up to level 4. Would be interested to know how to get it to actually work.

Has anybody successfully shared RC vehicles yet?

If you're just planning to transfer the RC gadgets for the sake of completing your collection, then you don't have to. As proven in you can unlock them all in the Wii U version anyway. So I don't really see much benefit of the Wii U/3DS transfer at all, aside from getting to use them a bit sooner if you unlock them on 3DS first.