Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

Face palm, why didn't I think of that...!

Second Face palm, I forgot about that area, anyways thank you and I hope you also found frozen factory 2's 4th ring.

Already did.

Nope, I'm gonna find all the red rings for Tropical Coast Extra and then I'll try to find all the red rings in Silent Forest.

That's great...did you find silent forest 3's 4th red ring?

Ehh, I actually did found the 4th Red Ring, but I don't remember really well. I'll replay the stage and tell ya', because I remember it was somewhere near the end, in another section with giant turtles in where you had to use the Ivory Lighting.

Ehh, I actually did found the 4th Red Ring, but I don't remember really well. I'll replay the stage and tell ya', because I remember it was somewhere near the end, in another section with giant turtles in where you had to use the Ivory Lighting.

He was talking about act 3, not 2.

He was talking about act 3, not 2.

Oh, I feel like stupid.

Anyways, I also found the 4th ring there, I'll try to remember where did I find it, I remember it was near some of those disappearing green blocks section in which you had to use the laser wisp, but I might be confusing it with the 5th one, so I'll replay the stage.

Edited by Dan a hed

Well, I already remembered where the 4th ring was.

It's near the end, when that giant owl is looking for you with those lights. On the final section, when the owl turns on the lights again, go to the lower path, or the path in where there is an Egg Pawn and a bush. DO NOT let the Owl notice you, because if it does, it will block the path that leads to the red ring with a giant rock. When you pass that giant rock, there should be a path that leads to a small cabin with a lot of rings, the red star one being on the top. Be very careful here, because after that, there are like 3 orange rings that will blast you off the cabin, and you won't be able to go back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I already remembered where the 4th ring was.

It's near the end, when that giant owl is looking for you with those lights. On the final section, when the owl turns on the lights again, go to the lower path, or the path in where there is an Egg Pawn and a bush. DO NOT let the Owl notice you, because if it does, it will block the path that leads to the red ring with a giant rock. When you pass that giant rock, there should be a path that leads to a small cabin with a lot of rings, the red star one being on the top. Be very careful here, because after that, there are like 3 orange rings that will blast you off the cabin, and you won't be able to go back.

Of course DIMPS hid it in a bottom path...thanks Dan a head. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Just as a random Red Ring related thing, there's this one Red Ring on Sky Road 3 that I couldn't figure out any way to get without Super Sonic.  It is literally right in the path of an enemy that will knock you off your rocket if you aren't invincible, and if you jump off the rocket to get it, there isn't another nearby to jump onto after.

The tricky part is that there is not 50 rings between the checkpoint and the red ring, so you only get one shot at it (two if you bring along a 50 ring capsule item from Tails' Workshop) per playthrough.

Thankfully it's quite near the start of the act, so if you do mess up it's only a minute or two's gameplay to get back there.

Making it impossible to get all the Red Rings without Super Sonic seems... "off" to me somehow.  While I did make use of Super Sonic liberally to get some hard ones, especially ones I needed to backtrack to because you only get "one chance" at them (and Super Sonic is a parkouring God so backtracking is easier), this was the only one where I literally couldn't see any way it would be possible to get without Super Sonic.

Edited by JezMM

Just as a random Red Ring related thing, there's this one Red Ring on Sky Road 3 that I couldn't figure out any way to get without Super Sonic. It is literally right in the path of an enemy that will knock you off your rocket if you aren't invincible, and if you jump off the rocket to get it, there isn't another nearby to jump onto after.

The tricky part is that there is not 50 rings between the checkpoint and the red ring, so you only get one shot at it (two if you bring along a 50 ring capsule item from Tails' Workshop) per playthrough.

Thankfully it's quite near the start of the act, so if you do mess up it's only a minute or two's gameplay to get back there.

Making it impossible to get all the Red Rings without Super Sonic seems... "off" to me somehow. While I did make use of Super Sonic liberally to get some hard ones, especially ones I needed to backtrack to because you only get "one chance" at them (and Super Sonic is a parkouring God so backtracking is easier), this was the only one where I literally couldn't see any way it would be possible to get without Super Sonic.

I was able to get that Red Ring without Super Sonic...on my first run through the stage no less. I will try to make a video on it later. You certainly don't need Super Sonic for it.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just as a random Red Ring related thing, there's this one Red Ring on Sky Road 3 that I couldn't figure out any way to get without Super Sonic.  It is literally right in the path of an enemy that will knock you off your rocket if you aren't invincible, and if you jump off the rocket to get it, there isn't another nearby to jump onto after. The tricky part is that there is not 50 rings between the checkpoint and the red ring, so you only get one shot at it (two if you bring along a 50 ring capsule item from Tails' Workshop) per playthrough. Thankfully it's quite near the start of the act, so if you do mess up it's only a minute or two's gameplay to get back there.  Making it impossible to get all the Red Rings without Super Sonic seems... "off" to me somehow.  While I did make use of Super Sonic liberally to get some hard ones, especially ones I needed to backtrack to because you only get "one chance" at them (and Super Sonic is a parkouring God so backtracking is easier), this was the only one where I literally couldn't see any way it would be possible to get without Super Sonic.

I got that without Super Sonic, I just slightly touch the red ring and turn in the opposite direction soon after.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course DIMPS hid it in a bottom path...thanks Dan a head. biggrin.png

Ehh, it's HED, like hedgehog, not HEAD, but it doesn't matter, I'm glad to help =).

Just as a random Red Ring related thing, there's this one Red Ring on Sky Road 3 that I couldn't figure out any way to get without Super Sonic.  It is literally right in the path of an enemy that will knock you off your rocket if you aren't invincible, and if you jump off the rocket to get it, there isn't another nearby to jump onto after.

Making it impossible to get all the Red Rings without Super Sonic seems... "off" to me somehow.  While I did make use of Super Sonic liberally to get some hard ones, especially ones I needed to backtrack to because you only get "one chance" at them (and Super Sonic is a parkouring God so backtracking is easier), this was the only one where I literally couldn't see any way it would be possible to get without Super Sonic.

Ehh, nope, I could reach and get that Red Ring without Super Sonic, and I'm pretty sure I did, because I remember I didn't even have Super Sonic when I was doing a Red Ring hunt =I.

Couldn't you just use one of the stealth jet RC gadgets to turn Sonic invisible/invincible to grab the Red Ring? I know it's still technically "cheating", but it'd be an easier way of doing it without Super Sonic, surely?

It's true, RC vehicles are really helpful in grabbing some Red Star Rings & I got all of my Red Star Rings without Super Sonic even though I think I got some in Sky Road Zone 1 with Super Sonic's help. I've been going around collecting materials lately & its fucking boring & way easier in hard mode because fighting the boss in each zone a couple times will get you 100 material easily, well when you S rank bosses in hard mode they give you 25 of that zone's material. 

Gold, Silver & Quartz material are so fucking annoying & time consuming to get it's not even funny. I fought Eggman in Lava Mountain's extra over & over again in hard mode because it gives you 25 Lava Material & 10 Gold(YES 10) in hard mode

Auto, I'm just gonna say this right now. As someone that just finished the Special Stages yesterday, Super Sonic is worth it. Oh so worth it. It will make you grin from ear to ear.

I will agree though. Stopped right when you get the emerald? That is some bullshit.

Something like that happened to me with Special Stage 6. I got the last orb, and I'm real close to the emerald. But there was a minus 5 second box near me, and the damned electric wall stuns me right into it. So I have to move quick, and I'm within breathing distance of the emerald, but NOPE! Time's up son.

I got it on the next attempt, but sheesh, I almost ragequit.

Yooo Zavok hows it goin =P, & yea Super Sonic is totally worth it & especially in most cases in Hard Mode(You can go Super Sonic in hard mode by making a 50 Ring in Tails Lab & bringing it with you) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta admit that frozen factory 3 is really testing my patience now when trying to get this s rank, that sentinent snowball seriously has the worst spawn issues ive seen in a game. Seriously, what jerk thought it was a good idea to have that thing spawn ahead of you before you can even push the snowball gotten from that quake shortcut on the third area of the game, it wouldn't even be so bad if the thing didn't have to absorb them and not to mention the fact that its AI minus well be brain dead because sometimes it just doesn't even do anything and start wandering off somewhere.

It's true, RC vehicles are really helpful in grabbing some Red Star Rings & I got all of my Red Star Rings without Super Sonic even though I think I got some in Sky Road Zone 1 with Super Sonic's help. I've been going around collecting materials lately & its fucking boring & way easier in hard mode because fighting the boss in each zone a couple times will get you 100 material easily, well when you S rank bosses in hard mode they give you 25 of that zone's material. 

Gold, Silver & Quartz material are so fucking annoying & time consuming to get it's not even funny. I fought Eggman in Lava Mountain's extra over & over again in hard mode because it gives you 25 Lava Material & 10 Gold(YES 10) in hard mode

Yooo Zavok hows it goin =P, & yea Super Sonic is totally worth it & especially in most cases in Hard Mode(You can go Super Sonic in hard mode by making a 50 Ring in Tails Lab & bringing it with you) 

It would be goin' real good, if it weren't for the one zone I can't seem to conquer.

Frozen Factory. Zone 3. Hard Mode. ...wait. *facepalms* Of course! Why didn't I think of that? I'm making at least ten of those things. No way am I taking any chances against Zeena's snowy offspring from hell.

And you get that much for Hard Mode Lava Mountain Boss? I reckon I'm motivated now. I need to get Tails' Lab to its best settings. No ifs ands or buts.

Tails Lab Lv. 5 

Pretty much the last upgrade for each vehicle is the golden vehicles you see in the zones when you die like crazy, the only golden vehicle you don't see in the zones is the Golden Helicopter which I hear can OHKO a couple bosses, i've used the Desert Camo Helicopter on Zazz & Zomom & got below 00.30.00 time score & a score overall score of 100,000 easily.

A major hint for all you S rankers, taking shortcuts is great & all but if your bad at them & feel like you can't do them repeatedly then practice some more till you get the shortcut down. Collecting tons of rings is a major way I found myself getting S ranks in most cases in this game. I got 999 rings in Silent Forest Zone 2 & when my score results appeared the ring score was 99999 which is no duh an auto S rank. So lets say I got a time score of 50000, I need an extra 30000 to get 80000 for the S rank, collecting 300 rings can easily fix this problem so yea GO AFTER THEM RINGS.

Also I think you have to make every single vehicle to unlock the Omochao vehicles because for some reason they arent available for me O-O even when im at Tails Lab Lv. 5. Btw Omochao vehicles are really useful because not only do they grab rings for you but they grab 1-Up's, Wisps & Red Star Rings which is a major help, especially when they grab wisps that you miss on higher paths that you need for an epic shortcut ^.^

Also Tails Lab Lv. 5 unlocks tha Power Sneakers which I find myself using alot when Speed Runnin, I often find myself using Super Sonic's spindash along with the Power Sneakers & damn does that help my online time score alot. 

Just played the demo.

I'll probably pick this up near Christmas. I was pretty disappointed by the Wii U version, but the 3DS one looks better.

Should I get it?

I don't know how you could countenance buying the game twice, but if you enjoyed the demo and are still willing to give it a go despite the Wii U version disappointing you, then why not.  You know roughly what you're getting yourself into.

I would say to totally go for it, unless you don't like some puzzle-based stages, which aren't many actually. The other stages that aren't puzzle based will rather have like 3 or two really simplistic puzzles or a section of "Destroy X amount of X enemies to pass", which isn't that of a problem since you can take down giga enemies with a fully-charged homing attack and you can homing attack 3 enemies in a row.

However, all the puzzle-based stages are extremely different from each other, you can't expect one puzzle stage from being as challenging/entretaining/fun/frustrating as the next one, so this means this game is extremely variated.

Sonic is controlled by with the gyroscope, which is obligatory. You need to collect orbs in order to get the emerald, and there is a time limit. I don't think the problem with the special stages is the gyro, because it actually controls pretty well, and I enjoyed them like that, the problem is that you MUST collect every single orb on the stage, since the amount of orbs the stage ask you to collect is the same amount there's of orbs generated. However, it's totally worth to collect all the Chaos Emerald, because when you collect all the emeralds, of course, you'll unlock Super Sonic, which is a MOTHERFUCKING BEAST.

So IMO, you should totally go for it, it's not a killer app, but it's a really good buy, I highly recommend it ;).

Just played the demo.

I'll probably pick this up near Christmas. I was pretty disappointed by the Wii U version, but the 3DS one looks better.

Should I get it?

Unless you want to completely avoid gameplay spoilers, watch a video of Frozen Factory Act 3, as that's without a doubt the most hated "puzzle stage" within the community.  If it looks tolerable or even fun to you, you probably won't have any problems.  Bare in mind pretty much every zone has one unusual (usually slower paced) act like this, as oppose to Windy Hill 1's speedy gameplay.

Also, make sure to go in with a very open mind for the gyro controls.  You will have no fun unless you embrace them fully and are able to play in a space where you can move your whole body up and down and all around (at least to play the special stages, in-level gyro controls merely require turning the 3DS like a steering wheel).

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say that even the speed stages are good past WH. For example, this stage was was pure hell. The layout is poor, and the controls just make it worse:

I like Silent Forest 2, other than the enemy hordes.  The level would be the perfect length without them, but having them just makes it seem to go on and on and on.

It helps that I actually totally knew what I was doing with the parkour on the 3DS version, so when they took off the training wheels for Silent Forest 2 and Sky Road 3 I found it great fun.

EDIT: God though looking at it again they could have really done with having some little floating islands with trees on or something just to break up the visual monotony.  Featureless grind rails going into the void of the 2D background doesn't help with the endless feeling.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

That level is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

It probably would have been better to cut the long levels in the Wii U/3DS versions (Instead of 6-7 minute levels, have 3-4 minute levels) and make each world have a couple more stages.

Imagine losing your last life at the 6 minute mark.

• Thumbs Up 1