Awoo.

'Sonic Lost World DS discussion "3DS, 2DS, ONE DS! Thunder Wisps are go!' Title credits to Hogfather

Tails spin

I'm aware, I was referring to the English dub.

Ah okay, my bad. Yeah, Roger does sound more lively than usual in the dub, which is great.

If he sounds just as lively in the cutscenes, he'll be the first Sonic voice that I'll be grieving over the retirement of. Not saying that I hated his previous voice work as the blue blur, but I do admit that his performance was lacking a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITkRNH9jbQ

Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me again, or is the video a lot more smoother here than in the IGN videos and trailer? If it's the latter, could it be that they bumped up the game's framerate to 60 fps or higher than 30?

I love it. I haven't heard Sonic this lively in the main series since Unleashed. Roger's probably having loads of fun!

*Phew* Thank god they changed the transitions into a fade out kind of one. I was really irritated by how it was before, can't wait for more tweaking before the final build! Plus hopefully you can actual be able to move around the side ways parts with the parkour system like the Wii U version, it still looks like your stuck between jumping and running through a straight course. 

Otherwise the 3DS version still looks fun. :3

Everybody! There was a direct feed recording of the 3DS version after the Direct session. The Drill Wisp was showed off, and it seems like the awkward loading transitions might be gone too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITkRNH9jbQ

Looking good. especially the loading transitions. Let hope for another level reveal at Sonic Boom. Yes I know I'm asking for to much

• Thumbs Up 1

Edit: don't worry I am wrong :D

Although the shield seems less effective when you are approaching the rinhs

Edited by Jolt_TH

Definitely glad that they put in less awkward loading transitions; the new form is still kind of obvious, but far more professional.  I guess you could say it doesn't try to badly disguise what it is.

As to Dimps, watered-down versions, and so on - I would still prefer it if the next 3DS game was totally independent from the console game.  I wonder why they went down this route - maybe they put so much time and money into designing the concept for a new game that they can't afford not to use the same ideas for a handheld game as well?  Maybe they think a handheld version of the new main console game is a more reliable draw to consumers than something different?  I honestly think Generations 3DS was kind of bad PR for Generations, and that separate handheld and console series would actually provide people with more of an incentive to buy both - if I had a Wii U, I don't know if I'd buy the 3DS version, but if they were two different games I'd definitely get both.

• Thumbs Up 1

hopefully you can actual be able to move around the side ways parts with the parkour system like the Wii U version, it still looks like your stuck between jumping and running through a straight course.

That looks unlikely at this point. It might either be due to limitations, or just Dimps being lazy again. 

That looks unlikely at this point. It might either be due to limitations, or just Dimps being lazy again. 

I think it might be limitations. I mean its kind of a stepping stone thing. Dimps went from 2D to 2.5D with a slight 3D angle to full 3D stages. So I really don't mind that the 3D stages are half pipes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I severely doubt animating different movements with the parkour system is taxing, so i'll vote laziness until Dimps figures it out.

You know what? As much as it frustrates me that the level design has a good chance of not offering the multiple paths that were advertised in the first place, I'll give them a pass with this one.

If it means that this game is just a testing ground and Dimps will improve on their level design next ti -

...nope. Can't type that with a straight face at this point in time. We'll see..

I do admire that portable Windy Hill in done parts has multiple protrusions on the flat ground with different spices; You can run in between them and destroy badniks, go on the top and just run off it, or wall run to collect rings.

Has the storyline been confirmed to be the same between the two versions? Or is it like Colours and Generations in which it's slightly different with either added or removed characters?

Has the storyline been confirmed to be the same between the two versions? Or is it like Colours and Generations in which it's slightly different with either added or removed characters?
There has not been word of it, but ours most likely gonna be the latter. I'm just gonna play cutscenes on YouTube after finishing respective acts. The YouTube gaming community is really fast when uploading cutscenes, I'll tell ya what.
  • Thumbs Up 2

There has not been word of it, but ours most likely gonna be the latter. I'm just gonna play cutscenes on YouTube after finishing respective acts. The YouTube gaming community is really fast when uploading cutscenes, I'll tell ya what.

I see, thanks. Guess I'm going to do the same since I'll only have access to the 3ds version at launch.

I'm not sure if this been posted or not, but here a video that shows off the communication between the 3DS and Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyBxxlsmcug

It pretty cool I guess, but nothing noteworthy. Also, did anyone listen to the music that was playing in the backround at 0:09 to the end of the video? It sounds pretty awesome! 

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

Wish they'd go back to making their own games instead of handheld versions of the new console titles...

• Thumbs Up 5

Do you think that the cutscenes from the Wii U version would just be ported over to this one? I mean, Colours DS was able to bring the CGI scenes from the Wii version over. Would it be too hard to port over the other cutscenes too? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I'm not really sure, They probably stuck with the Text base Dialogue (Like in generation 3DS).

As mentioned in the Sonic Lost World SoS thread, my friend Tareq got some hands-on time with the 3DS version at Summer of Sonic. Here are his impressions : http://3dsblessed.com/?p=919

Edited by HelenBaby

Do you think that the cutscenes from the Wii U version would just be ported over to this one? I mean, Colours DS was able to bring the CGI scenes from the Wii version over. Would it be too hard to port over the other cutscenes too? 

As much as I'd love for this to happen, I believe the problem would be that they'd take up too much space on the game cartridge, which is why we're probably gonna be stuck with speech bubbles like Gens 3DS. If for some reason they did port over the cutscenes after converting them into fmv video files, that could explain why the graphics in LW 3DS aren't really taking advantage of the 3DS hardware; or, more likely it's just Dimps being Dimps again and SEGA/Sonic Team not giving them enough time to really make the game shine.

The 3ds version looks quite good now; a nice abet hindered version of the Wii U edition.  That may sound like an insult to the game but when your coming off of Sonic Generations 3ds, a game that was the definition of lazily, rushed games that's a really good complement.

As for the game itself, it looks quite solid; the 3d may be basic graphically but it replicates the look of the Wii U version quite well, the wisps look like a lot of fun to use, and the transitions between sections look much better than before.  I hope this version turns out good and if it does, it will be a nice complement to the Wii U edition for 3ds owners :)

As much as I'd love for this to happen, I believe the problem would be that they'd take up too much space on the game cartridge, which is why we're probably gonna be stuck with speech bubbles like Gens 3DS. If for some reason they did port over the cutscenes after converting them into fmv video files, that could explain why the graphics in LW 3DS aren't really taking advantage of the 3DS hardware; or, more likely it's just Dimps being Dimps again and SEGA/Sonic Team not giving them enough time to really make the game shine.

Well at least we can see that Tails said a full sentence in the Tails lab footage. Unlike Gens 3DS where everyone said either a word or a grunt. 

I really hope the cutscenes from the Wii U version will be in this. I mean, all they have to do is put them in. It would be easy for them to do.

But looking good so far. I had mixed feelings on the fade in/fade out section transitions, but I guess it's better than what we had before. 

I noticed that the transition timing has also been cut down from 3 seconds to 1.5 in the current 3DS version build, which was much needed.

Edited by Narukami07