Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

5 hours ago, kimplix said:

I have yet to give a few episodes a watch, but I've heard good about it weeks ago (not sure if anyone said anything positive recent). Hopefully I can get to test watching some of it soon enough.

Ah.

I mentioned it here cause I finished watching it and couldn't find any sign of it here.

Spoiler

Well, that could have gone better.

tumblr_pkmociYXqI1ux4jzd_400.jpg

I hope we get a name for that fusion in the crowd.

Also, I wonder if Lars & the Off Colors or Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot will come to their rescue?

35 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

Well, that could have gone better.

tumblr_pkmociYXqI1ux4jzd_400.jpg

I hope we get a name for that fusion in the crowd.

Also, I wonder if Lars & the Off Colors or Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot will come to their rescue?

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly.

Who did she fuse with there?

If all of the gems being destabilized by Yellow and indirectly separated from Stevonnie, I'd assume Lars and the Off Colors in general, though all  of them are technically a possibility.

Spoiler

Aside from the pebbles who are adorable and I'm interested in learning more about there wasn't a whole lot to say about Familiar.

Together Alone makes a good case for why episodes of SU should be longer. The song Familiar directly leads into the dream Steven has at the beginning of Together Alone. It was kind of awkward seeing both this episode and Familiar separately. Apart from that though this episode was something!

Steven was pretty careless this episode. I get bringing your family and close friends to Homeworld to try to change perspective but risking fusion that early was not a good idea. I mean he was hesitant to dance with Connie but he really should've explained why it wasn't a good idea. That being said the resulting "punishment" Yellow Diamond gave Stevonnie lead to a pretty interesting theory. Not sure if or how many of you have seen this but here.

Aside from that I wonder how many fusions exist on Homeworld. Maybe Garnet could bring them together to confront the Diamonds.

6 hours ago, Shiroi said:
  Hide contents

Aside from the pebbles who are adorable and I'm interested in learning more about there wasn't a whole lot to say about Familiar.

Together Alone makes a good case for why episodes of SU should be longer. The song Familiar directly leads into the dream Steven has at the beginning of Together Alone. It was kind of awkward seeing both this episode and Familiar separately. Apart from that though this episode was something!

Steven was pretty careless this episode. I get bringing your family and close friends to Homeworld to try to change perspective but risking fusion that early was not a good idea. I mean he was hesitant to dance with Connie but he really should've explained why it wasn't a good idea. That being said the resulting "punishment" Yellow Diamond gave Stevonnie lead to a pretty interesting theory. Not sure if or how many of you have seen this but here.

Aside from that I wonder how many fusions exist on Homeworld. Maybe Garnet could bring them together to confront the Diamonds.

I can't watch the video right now. What does it say?

14 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Don’t the pebbles have Stevens phone? Connie could call them 

I don't think the phone company service reaches Planet Mother...

• Thumbs Up 1

escapism was cute. Loved that we finally got the song, and seeing the watermelon people and ecosystem, was a pleasant suprise. Felt a bit too convenient that Lion found him, but aside from that, I enjoyed this 

• Thumbs Up 1

On Escapism

Spoiler

I felt like it took more than a little too long to get away from Mask Island, which is where the vast majority of the episode takes place. It also means we don't see any other characters besides Lion, Greg, and Bismuth, who are all silent.

Also, while it definitely had an interesting sound to it, I do still feel Ms Sugar was jumped the gun too early on the song.

• Thumbs Up 2

i quite liked escapism, and all the episodes beforehand. escapism feels like the calm before the storm, yknow? im super hype for battle of heart and mind.

1 hour ago, Skye said:

. escapism feels like the calm before the storm, yknow? im super hype for battle of heart and mind.

I mean, yeah, that was clearly the purpose.

It's partly due to just how long awaited this was that there's undeniable annoyance out there, though.

"Escapism was cute."

Me as a Trans Girl: Oh holy fuck, this is scary as hell. 

Spoiler

I MEAN WOW. For every Trans kid watching, that was not subtle as hell. At all. That hit disturbingly close to home and it's not like the Melons made it better as we saw a whole society Steven had to deal with that was dealing with a rocky political landscape that was literally talking about theocracy on top of the whole thing where Steven is astral projecting themself into a watermelon Steven. It was nothing short of trippy, weird, and out there. 

I mean you know they took the trans metaphor and loneliness pretty far with the new fusion. 
"I knew I wasn't the only one!" she says with tears in her eyes with the look of someone who's had to hide themselves for a long time.

Needless to say, I love that episode but holy shit, it needs a trigger warning. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Great last episode of SU before the movie. But honestly while the first 2/3 of the special were good the ending felt rushed as hell. Honest the way its just like ok were all good now and buddys and everyones healed felt way to cheesy. I was sitting hoping someone came in and wrecked the moment.

giphy.gif

That was awesome! :D

Spoiler

DxegQ_3WoAA0m4O.jpg

DxeZjDQXcAAUYde.jpg

Everyone got new outfits!

DxeZjC-WsAAoxyy.jpg

Steven fused with Pearl to make a new Rainbow Quartz, whose weapon is an umbrella.

DxeaacHX0AENYtX.jpg

Steven fused with Garnet to become Sunstone, a walking 80s/90s PSA who uses suctions cups.

DxeiRODXcAIVMtH.jpg

Steven with all 3 OG Crystal Gems to become OBSIDIAN, the statue that's outside his house. Their combined weapon is a sword.

DxefVk-WwAEKygT.jpg

The off colors are now on earth.

DxelPOpUUAE3iaL.jpg

Steven got split into his human & gem halves after White pulled the Diamond out of his stomach.

DxejxyfXcAAnlE2.jpgDxeg46aX4AIHuiB.jpg

The corrupted gems are fixed. (Although they now have new looks and have signs that shows that they were once corrupted)

• Thumbs Up 1

I....I need to sit down and digest everything that happened. What. A. Special! Also, I better prepare for the influx of fanart after all the fusion reveals.

Everything about that was just...

ouch.

Spoiler

I saw someone say that not even a Diamond was happy with how Homeworld was, and it really shines through here. Yellow, Blue and White were not happy under those rules, and they all came down on Pink, who was miserable under all of it. All of that paved the way to her death.

In the end, it could have been avoided if they all talked.

And it may seem anti-climatic, and may even be so in some certain respects, but I think that just shows how sad it all is. All there was to do was do right by Pink.

I feel like Season 6 is gonna start by leaving Pink Diamond and Rose Quartz alone. This feels like a goodbye and solidification; Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond are gone, forever. it's only Steven now., and now Era 3 truly begins with a new order and the return of many gems.

• Thumbs Up 5

Y'know, most of the major plot points have wrapped up... so I actually think that this is a good place to end.

50 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Y'know, most of the major plot points have wrapped up... so I actually think that this is a good place to end.

That's my thinking too. This felt like a series finale even though it wasn't marketed as such. Everything seems like it was tied together nicely and outside of a chest reveal, I wonder what else is left cover?

It should end here. Hopefully the show doesnt pull a bleach. Just end it now since most of it wrapped up everything.

Yeah, I’d end it after the movie myself, but there’s already a season 6 confirmed, so I’m curious how they’re gonna continue after this