Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

I was wondering if Sardonyx would be the fusion of Garnet and Pearl... but the sentence "Sardonyx is coming" sort of implies someone from elsewhere is coming to find either the Crystal Gems or the Homeworld Gems stuck on Earth... :s Eeeee.

I like how StevenBomb 3 is slated to air the week Gravity Falls returns with A Tale of Two Stans...

...just like how the first StevenBomb aired on the week of Gravity Falls' wham episode Not What He Seems.

...I'm kinda hoping that this leads to some sort of subtle crossover cameo between the two shows, i.e. the teleporting coffee cup and pens Gravity Falls did with Rick and Morty.

EDIT:

tumblr_nq8oxqMieI1uw556io1_400.png

...yep, that sums that week's theme in a nutshell.

We're gonna fuckin die.

• Thumbs Up 1

My sisters have gotten OBSESSED with this show recently. By recently, I mean quite literally, yesterday. They watched like, 20 episodes in one day.

Must be one damn good show. I watched a couple episodes whenever I see it on, it's nice.

Garnet is best Steve Urkel.

But seriously, I just got around to watching Chille Tid.  Good episode, although I really think the ending could be better.  Would it hurt to have so much as a "To be continued" or some kind of suspense builder instead of just "END GAG!"

Anyway, I really like the episode.  It was really intense watching Lapis' struggle to control Jasper.  Probably a not-as-subtle metaphor for abusive relationships, which I am always interested in.  So Steven can communicate with other gems in his sleep?  I wonder if we'll get any explanation for that?

Response to Chille Tid thoughts.

I rather liked the ambiguity. What if Steven really was just dreaming it? The ending not being a "to be continued" leaves that open.

Anyway, I can wait however long for new episodes. Absolute favourite show, though I don't watch anything else, so maybe that doesn't say much.

Response to Chille Tid thoughts.

I rather liked the ambiguity. What if Steven really was just dreaming it? The ending not being a "to be continued" leaves that open.

Anyway, I can wait however long for new episodes. Absolute favourite show, though I don't watch anything else, so maybe that doesn't say much.

Eh, I don't know.  It seems obvious at this point that everything probably has meaning in the series, so it's not a very successful attempt at ambiguity.

Ambiguity is great for some things, but I don't feel like this is one of those things.  I don't know. XP

Eh, I don't know.  It seems obvious at this point that everything probably has meaning in the series, so it's not a very successful attempt at ambiguity.

Ambiguity is great for some things, but I don't feel like this is one of those things.  I don't know. XP

To be continued is only really meant to be used when a story is incomplete on its own.  Chille Tid is complete on its own, mainly because the point of the episode wasn't that the Crystal Gems were on the verge of finding Malachite, it was to provide new information on the nature of what was coming.  

To reveal that Lapis is losing herself to Malachite, and thus the Crystal Gems will inevitably have to fight her.

To be continued is only really meant to be used when a story is incomplete on its own.  Chille Tid is complete on its own, mainly because the point of the episode wasn't that the Crystal Gems were on the verge of finding Malachite, it was to provide new information on the nature of what was coming.  

To reveal that Lapis is losing herself to Malachite, and thus the Crystal Gems will inevitably have to fight her.

That was pretty good, though it did lose some steam around the middle.

We've got episode titles for Stevenbomb 3!

Monday: Cry For Help
Tuesday: Keystone Motel
Wednesday: Onion Friend
Thursday: Historical Friction
Friday: Friend Ship

Also, here's Cry for Help's synopsis!

"Steven's favorite TV show gets interrupted by a magical disturbance."

Calling it now.  Onion is going to wreck your fragile psyche and permanently scar you with his tragic backstory.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm going to guess Historical Friction will explore more of the Gem's history and their rebellion.

Calling it now.  Onion is going to wreck your fragile psyche and permanently scar you with his tragic backstory.

This would be hilarious after all the half-serious/half-joking speculation that Onion is evil.

....Unless he's evil and has a tragic backstory.

Doug Walker and his brother tackle Steven Universe finally in their vlog series.

They watched the first four episodes of the DVD before being told the DVDs are out of order and missing some episodes, but after Bubble Buddies they're going to be watching them in the order that they're on Wikipedia.

Here's the youtube to the 'first' one for those who don't want to go through their website:

Cartoon Network really screwed the DVDs up because they seem a little lost on the characters at first, but over the episodes they do their research.

We've got a synopsis for Onion Friend!

Onion Friend: Steven and Amethyst visit the strange world of Onion's house.

So I found this little curio:

So upon hearing that the german dub just uses "crystal gems, I figured that it's because it's one of those words in german, and I was right, "Crystal gems" is "Kristalledelsteine", have fun playing musical syllables with the script till that fits.  

So is Garnet supposed to be a male in the Japanese version?  That's an interesting and absolutely unneeded change.

If it helps the show is popular in Japan but so many watch the subbed version over the Japanese dub because they also like hearing what the show was supposed to be like in its original language.

So is Garnet supposed to be a male in the Japanese version?  That's an interesting and absolutely unneeded change.

Didn't even catch that, weird.  

Yeah, I can see Steven Universe subbing well, the dialog gets out of the way of the action and atmosphere when it needs to, certainly no Excel Saga, a show you kind of need to watch in english with the english subtitles on anyway.  

While we're on the subject, the only versions of the theme song I found myself liking were the French and Hindi versions. Everything else I just thought sounded kinda silly or just bad.