Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

They're supposed to be three leaders if I recall based on a mural, with Yellow Diamond being the most prominent. Rescue arc coming.

HOLY MOTHER OF-

SARDONYX WAS GARNET AND PEARL'S FUSION?!

WE'RE SEEING TOO MANY SPOILERS!!!

All the spoilers have been revealed! Those who never saw can never feel safe!

Ah well, tomorrow it shall air and it shall be great.

I hope the fusion episode airs first. Who else is hoping that Bomb starts off with the extended intro?

I was wondering if Sardonyx would be the fusion of Garnet and Pearl... but the sentence "Sardonyx is coming" sort of implies someone from elsewhere is coming to find either the Crystal Gems or the Homeworld Gems stuck on Earth... :s Eeeee.

22/6/2015

22/6/2015

22/6/2015!!

Called it! *victory dance*

I'm seeing a lot of posts on Tumblr assuming the Gem turning her head is Yellow Diamond. Has that been confirmed by any Crewniverse source?

I need some new Steven to cheer me up after yesterday's news.

Or make me cry harder, whichever one comes first.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm seeing a lot of posts on Tumblr assuming the Gem turning her head is Yellow Diamond. Has that been confirmed by any Crewniverse source?

Not confirmed, but it seems likely. I mean, it could be one of the other Gem leaders or someone else entirely, but Yellow Diamond's name was already established back in The Return/Jailbreak, so that being her in the extended intro makes sense.

Ugh, I need to find a better video of this theme extended version. I hope they air it.. because I'm obsessed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1w18Kkg16c

Same, not only to see the footage clearly but it'd be nice to actually hear certain parts where people cheered a bit too much. (Not that I blame them!)

I've been holding off on viewing the extended version in hopes of it being played on TV.  Here's hoping a high quality version comes out soon.

You know what? Fuck Pearl.

Sardonyx is cool as hell and defied all of my expectations, but Pearl just had to go and ruin a good thing by forcing it. It woudn't have been so gross either if we hadn't known about Garnet's ethics towards fusion beforehand either. Now we have to go through a whole week of awkwardness.

YOU DOG, YOU. YOU DIRTY LITTLE DOG, YOU. YOU AIN'T NO BIRTHSTONE OF MINE!

In all seriousness though, I'd still  be mad at Pearl too if I didn't relate to her issues the most. She misses what she allegedly had with Rose, and fusing with Garnet was the next best thing to fusing with someone she looks up to, considering that fusion is as intimate as sex or making out or whatever.[\Spoiler]

pleaseforgivemeifthisspoilerdoesntinitiallywork

• Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck, Pearl! You did not just do what you did with that tower! It's easy to see why Garnet was so upset after that! I will say Sardonyx was pretty cool and I loved Amethyst's song!

But god dammit! They had to end on a cliffhanger when things were getting tense and the episode was getting so good!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny how Pearl can be both extremely selfless and extremely selfish, although even her selflessness comes from her selfishness, I'm curious how long this rift in their friendship is going to last.

I feel for her and Amethyst though, being around someone with great strength and abilities could make one feel inferior. And they don't have any other gems to form the kind relationship it takes to be like Garnet.

Edited by Blue Swallow
  • Thumbs Up 1

God dammit Pearl. I still love you but...gdi. B|

That was a pretty heavy episode, and considering this StevenBomb is a full 5-part story arc, I'm interested (and very frightened) to see what happens next, especially in the later episodes this week.

Also, as cool as Sardonyx was, Amethyst was great in this episode. That song should have been longer...I loved her voice T__T

• Thumbs Up 2

Really enjoyed the episode.  Lots of heavy stuff.

This is partially why Pearl is my favorite gem.  I'm not defending her actions, but I feel I can relate to her to well enough that I understand why she would be compelled to do something like this.  After being unable to save Rose, I don't blame her for feeling like she needs Garnet's strength.  And I don't blame Amethyst for being disheartened that Garnet doesn't seem to trust her.  On that note, it's nice to see Garnet show some empathy for Pearl for once.  Like, she even almost stands up to Garnet for her.  Also, she has a really cute song!

Garnet's rage is scary, though.  I mean, it's not unjustified, but Jesus.  I thought she was going to kill Pearl or something.

Spoon forgives Pear.

Oops.  Forgot to put that in spoiler tags.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hidden Content

Spoon forgives Pear.

Oops.  Forgot to put that in spoiler tags.

I think the reason why Garnet works as such a dynamic character is because she's literally TWO people. I feel her anger stems from Sapphire and not Ruby

due to Pearl being insincere and taking advantage of her like that, it was Sapphire who got angry/sad about the forced fusions she found in the last episode, I noticed a lot of Garnet's emotions are stemming from Sapphire lately, Sapphire is all about compassion and emotional support, whilst Ruby is raw strength and protection.

I feel for Pearl and Amethyst though, it must be hard being an oddball team of misfits when one of your comrades has always been a powerful fusion, I think their friendship has been compromised and things won't be the same from now on now the shit's hit the fan I'm not sure how they're all going to be like from now on, I think Steven is the only thing tethering them together at this point.

damn this show hits hard... ;~;

• Thumbs Up 4

I see Steven Bomb is off to an amazing start :V

Seriously Pearl, what the fuck! You are such a needy bitch, and its especially heavy given how Garnet feels about fusion. I understand she misses Rose, but she's starting to be come a liability because of her thirst. 

That said, it was nice to see another side Amethyst for a change; you can tell behind her fun and reckless attitude, she just wants to be useful  and an asset to the team.

Four moar episodes to go...fuck...

You mean Amethyst right :V

I think the reason why Garnet works as such a dynamic character is because she's literally TWO people. I feel her anger stems from Sapphire and not Ruby

Hidden Content

I feel for Pearl and Amethyst though, it must be hard being an oddball team of misfits when one of your comrades has always been a powerful fusion, I think their friendship has been compromised and things won't be the same from now on now the shit's hit the fan I'm not sure how they're all going to be like from now on, I think Steven is the only thing tethering them together at this point.

damn this show hits hard... ;~;

I was thinking the same thing! ^.^ This is especially reinforced by her breakdown in Keeping it Together, where she seem to have a lot of internal conflict, with her compassionate and emotional side being the most prominent.  As much as I talk about Pearl and Amethyst's problems, I really felt hard for Garnet, because I did understand her feelings and thought they were so very legitimate.

This show is like watching two of your best friends fight, and it's not fun and yet it is ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

It's weird because in the beginning Garnet was literally the most deadpan character and now I'm worried with all the conflict in the team, betrayal and Garnet being viewed as a source of power that I feel Ruby and Sapphire's bond is taking a toll because I bet that they're also fighting deep in her mind.

I honestly worry that Garnet might become unfused due to indifferences and not being able to work as a team when there's so many flaws in their relationship currently.

You can guarantee that if it does lead to that, that it'll be at the worst possible time and when the team need Garnet the most.

Edited by Lady Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 5

Storyboard revisionist Amber Rogers has an image to visually depict this weeks Stevenbomb (have to have watched the first episode of the Stevenbomb):

tumblr_nrgfe85CxC1qcm2uao1_1280.jpg

It's an Evangelion throwback.

• Thumbs Up 4

Storyboard revisionist Amber Rogers has an image to visually depict this weeks Stevenbomb (have to have watched the first episode of the Stevenbomb):

Hidden Content

Awwwww shit.