Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I feel like this is shameless plugging for Adventure Time, because I'm still an avid watcher. But I just wanted to give Rebecca Sugar fans the opportunity to see her voice/new song feature here if they haven't already. I'm sure there will be more of her in the rest of the mini-series featuring this week:

omigoshsocute

I love how all of her Adventure Time and Steven Universe songs are based in nostalgia -- a combination of sad/happy. She nailed this one. Just brightened my day a little. 

Better Everything Stays as it aired on the show. Been playing it on my uke lately!

Edited by Cee
Combination of two versions posted by AT.

I've never been interested in chibi-style figures, but those're actually pretty cute, especially Steven.

I'm actually surprised we didn't get these sooner.  Like, these Vinyl Pop figures are on literally everything lately.

They're cute, but I'm not in a rush to get one.  That Garnet is really cute, though.

I was a bit taken aback when I first saw them since I was expecting something more along the lines of these sketches, but the more I look at them, the more I like them. The poses are all spot-on and really true to each's character. Garnet is the best of the four in my opinion; I love the reflection on her visor and how it's slightly translucent so you can see her eyes.

These are my only qualms with them, though:

• I personally think they'd look better without mouths like traditional Pop! figures (Pearl especially).
  • It's weird that Garnet and Amethyst don't have noses like Pearl and Steven; they would've looked better with them.
  • Steven's hair looks a tad bit... off. Perhaps the bottom "bumps" of his hair could stick out more? I dunno; maybe it looks better in a 3/4 view.

Nevertheless, It's awesome to finally have SU Pop! figures and I'll probably pick them up. Hopefully we can see future waves with Connie, Lion, and the Homeworld Gems. Definitely a 6" Rose too.

Daaaaag that Pearl one is uuuugly

Yeah, and they didn't really capture the character.  When I see Pearle's round head, I think a trapezoid, and her wiiiiide jaw line.  

So. The Jailbreak episode aired here one week ago. I missed it because of Sonic Boom. Yes, The Return wasnt aired.

Also, censorship. In Garnet's,, Power'' song she said ,, we see you dont like our friendship''

Here are the highlights of the episode( what is your opinion on the voices?) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ZFa6eJH4c

- Garnet's song

- Malachite

• 3 weeks later...

Good news everyone! We're getting a new Steven Bomb!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-will-finally-return-to-our-screens-in-j-1748759386

Here's the episode titles!

“The Answer”– Garnet finally tells Steven the story of how she came to be a Crystal Gem.

“Steven’s Birthday” – Steven has a birthday party out at the barn, and decides he has some growing up to do.

“It Could’ve Been Great”  The Gems take a trip to the moon.

“Message Received” – Steven has doubts about believing in everyone.

“Log Date 7 15 2”– Steven sneaks a listen to a friend’s audio diary.

You guys excited for the 4th of January to roll around?

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys excited for the 4th of January to roll around?

Whoohoo! One day before my birthday too! Thanks, Steven Universe for giving me a birthday gift of new episodes! I can't wait, especially for that first episode in the next Steven Bomb!

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is that show in the background?

It's because that "Steven Bomb" timer was on during an airing of some Teen Titans Go! episode.

So I take it The Answer might be the backstory of how Ruby and Sapphire met and first fused into Garnet? If so, I've been really eager to see that for some time. 

That, and seeing more Ruby and Sapphire is always a plus.

I'm just glad that we'll get to see Ruby and Sapphire for a reason other than Garnet being forced to defuse or because of a disagreement. And since one of the episodes in this StevenBomb is also going to cover Steven's birthday, we might see them there too!

• Thumbs Up 3

>Steven's 14.

HE GREW UP SO FAST

No really! His shirt's shrunk and his gem's showing!

And shiz just got real when PERIDOT!

Spoiler

So judging from the previews I saw on TV last night (avoiding previews posted here so far) I'm making a call that Peridot gets a message back from Yellow Diamond which leads her to going back to being bad and betrays the team. I'm basing this on Steven commenting on he feels horrible as Peridot attacks them on the farm in her robot as they flee in some helicopter. Does he feel horrible for trusting Peridot and hoping she was starting to become a friend to them all? If so, this could be a really interesting development for Steven since he's the most open and trusting of the Gems. So to have someone throw his friendship away just so she can selfishly get the life she preferred back would be crushing to him. Cause let's face it, even if she learned how to be slightly less of a jerk for the last few episodes, Peridot is still a very spoiled and dependent-on-her-tech Gem simply because she's a by-product of Homeworld's un-remorseful view on all life, especially their own (Gem mutants anyone?)  

Pardon my double-posting but, squuuuueeeee, The Answer was exactly as sweet I anticipated it'd be.

Spoiler

And yeah, this episode kinda makes you further dislike most of the Gem-kind or at least their culture if they think fusions between different Gem classes is a big no-no. And it was cool to see Rose be her benevolent self with a extra touch of badass this time around (seriously, she must have been quite strong to take down the Ruby fusion).