Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

What a great episode!

Finally we got some great background info on Garnett, how Ruby and Sapphire met and fused. and even if it was in a flashback, Rose Quartz in action! Personally, I was surprised about the gem culture and its feelings towards fusions in general.

This episode also gives the impression as to how rubies are viewed upon. Ruby was a bodyguard to Sapphire which isn't entirely dissimilar to Pearl's servant/knight role to Rose. Ruby even says that's there's plenty of "hers" much like Peridot remarks how pearls are practically mass-produced on Homeworld in Back to the Farm. While it wasn't a favorable reaction in the slightest, that would explain why the Gems reacted to their fusion the way they did. To them it's like if a higher-up or someone who worked closely with royalty had been seen together with a commoner in public, immediate scandal and ridicule.  

OH MY GLOOOB

That episode was soo good! And Garnet's first time fusion was like Cotton candy!!! 

Would love to say more, but spoilers won't work here!

I really do wonder if there are gems that are completely unique. It wouldn't surprise me to learn there's only one Rose Quartz, for example. On the other hand, the angst potential of the Crystal Gems running into a Rose that isn't like the one they knew and needing to fight her is certainly interesting....but even with as sad as this show is willing to be, that might be a bit too extreme.

It could make the 'Rose is Pink Diamond' theory more plausible. From what we've seen of Blue Diamond and knowing there's a Yellow Diamond Peridot and Jasper work for, diamonds are considered leaders and highest authority because they're considered more rare or hardest to mass-produce than pearls or rubies.

That was such a beautiful episode!  So much symbolism in the Fusion mechanic.  And it's all so beautiful.  Probably one of my favorite overall episodes now!  I can't wait for the remaining episodes.

Your first time is going to be awkward as fuck.

So Steven shares the same birth date as me!

As for the episode itself, I wasn't expecting it to become so deep. And you know what? It was beautiful! Definitely one of the deepest episodes so far!

One other thing I want to mention is that they're really moving forward with Steven and Connie's relationship with the way Connie is acting towards Steven mentioning he's "the first boy". For obvious reasons the writers are treading carefully not to officially call it a relationship, but instead they're de facto dating.

Also, I loved Steven quote of "If I can just keep this up for the rest of my life, no one will suspect a thing."  He's really learning what it means to grow up.

While it wasn't a major part of the episode, anyone else found it noteworthy how it was Amethyst who warned Steven not to stretch his body just to make Connie happy? This is a character who has had her fair share of self-conscious moments and feeling she needed to change/contort her appearance to gain someone else's approval. So it seems like some really subtle character development on her end to try to sway Steven from repeating her past mistakes.  

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

While it wasn't a major part of the episode, anyone else found it noteworthy how it was Amethyst who warned Steven not to stretch his body just to make Connie happy? This is a character who has had her fair share of self-conscious moments and feeling she needed to change/contort her appearance to gain other people's approval. So it seems like some really subtle character development on her end to try to sway Steven from repeating her past mistakes.  

Yeah, I imagine that she'd make sure to warn Steven about this sort of thing after what happened to her in the "Reformed" episode.

It was more related to just transforming in general, because she's the one who does it the most and typically has the most experience with it. That still makes sense, why they had her specifically say it.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

It was more related to just transforming in general, because she's the one who does it the most and typically has the most experience with it. That still makes sense, why they had her specifically say it.

Well yeah, shape-shifting/changing her form is her thing. But given the episode revolved around Steven wanting to impress Connie since she was concerned about him not as aging much as she will, it does play into the 'valuing how others value you over valuing yourself' conflict which Amethyst has dealt with in various episodes like On the Run and Reformed.

nGeIFOM.gif

That fucking episode.... It started off cutesy and I expected there to be a turn like Peridot's betrayal that we're all fear mongering about, but then, bam, more dark shit and lore stuff. A+ episode.

• Thumbs Up 6

Man, seeing a pissed Garnet always reminds me of when my mom get angered by a thing. The way she was forcibly holding Peridot while screaming at her was... somewhat nightmarish to see, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Was cool seeing Lion do stuff again. All he wants is just to nap though.

-So there were murals for both Blue and Yellow Diamond on the moon but none for any Pink Diamond some have speculated Rose to be.

-And Peridot, you insensitive little shit. And you totally did not just take that thingy from the seat. Steven's got his eye on you so hard now. If she didn't pull anything in this episode, then those few seconds with her catching up to the team and sneaking something back to Earth makes it likely she might next episode.

Well fuck, fuckity, fuck fuck fuck. CN decided to spoil something major in a promo. Its not even from an episode from this week's Stevenbomb

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Well fuck, fuckity, fuck fuck fuck. CN decided to spoil something major in a promo. Its not even from an episode from this week's Stevenbomb

What? Oh man now I need to know. Is it about Yellow Diamond?!

5 hours ago, Mightyray said:

What? Oh man now I need to know. Is it about Yellow Diamond?!

I feel the same. I haven't even get the chance to see it at all.

Edit: ok, I checked online and.. o- oh. oooooooh...

Yeeeah, I didn't watch the footage (it's online somewhere, I'm sure), but  I did read about what was in it. I'm honestly amazed that CN apparently screwed up that badly. Like, who was it that thought that was a good idea?

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

Yeeeah, I didn't watch the footage (it's online somewhere, I'm sure), but  I did read about what was in it. I'm honestly amazed that CN apparently screwed up that badly. Like, who was it that thought that was a good idea?

CN doesn't care about anything that isn't TTG

You guys are legit scaring me right now. Sounds like either shit really goes down soon or just really, really annoyed by CN's asinine marketing again. Not that I don't blame you for the latter since that's frustrating for me to learn too, but still. 

A bit of coulmn A, a bit of colum B.

I'd post it if I knew how to do spoilers....seriously, how do I do spoilers.

I believe it's still

what you want to spoil

. But there have been times where Spoiler is a selectable tag when making posts. It's depicted as an eye next to Emoticons.

7 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

I believe it's still

Hidden Content

. But there have been times where Spoiler is a selectable tag when making posts. It's depicted as an eye next to Emoticons.

So is it still

Spoiler

because the eye icon isn't on my dashboard for some reason anymore.

EDIT: Oh yup, yes it is.

Well in that case, SPOILERS AHOY

Spoiler

405.jpg 

Lapis is back

Once again, this episode has not aired yet and is not airing this week either. So open it at your own risk.

• Thumbs Up 2