Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

Sooo, it seems we've got some good news.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Not only are we going to get up to five(!) seasons, but the show is apparently set to return in June and air through August with a "Summer of Steven" event! (The article calls it "Season 3" but technically I think it's still considered 2B by the producers.)

• Thumbs Up 5

yeah, the first season is the only one with 52 episodes. every one after is 26. season 2 ended with Log Date, and season 3 will begin in the summer like the article says. can't wait to have a whole summer of SU!

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Celestia said:

Sooo, it seems we've got some good news.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Not only are we going to get up to five(!) seasons, but the show is apparently set to return in June and air through August with a "Summer of Steven" event! (The article calls it "Season 3" but technically I think it's still considered 2B by the producers.)

Finally some news about Season 3! The hiatus has been killing me! Great news that it's getting renewed for 2 more seasons too!

• 3 weeks later...

Why didn't anyone told me that there were ped voice files in GTA V recorded by Michaela Dietz? You ever imagined how would Amethyst sound like when swearing? Because she pretty much sounds like her

• Thumbs Up 3

They're not dropping a bomb this time, no, they're dropping a freaking NUKE. Get ready for the feels people.

16 hours ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

OH HOLY SHITGURGLING CHAOS EMERALD SUPER CHRIST

IT IS MORE THAN JUST BACK.

Oh sweet mother of Jesus and hype, this is gonna be one hell of a amazing hype train. I can hardly wait any longer

So, four weeks of this in may, then it's also doing the "summer of steven" thing in June for five episodes. Maybe we're actually getting a goddamn schedule going.

I get it now, they're giving us a regular schedule, but are hyping it up as a big event to bamboozle CN into agreeing to this over a Stevenbomb.

Seriously though, I'm really happy about this. Thank you CN, a regular schedule for this show is such a relief. Hopefully it lasts a little while.

• Thumbs Up 2

FINE TIME TO SHOW STEVEN UNIVERSE WHEN I HAVE TESTS DARNIT

I wonder what's the name of that music in the trailer?

Oh wait it's probably a dark remix of the beginning part of the SU extended theme...

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday can't come soon enough consider the hiatus felt like it was going on forever! Even better that we're getting two new episodes on the same day!

Spoiler

> Done watching Super Watermelon Island.

> All thinks about owning a sentient Watermelon Dog.

Is there something wrong with me?

Those new episodes were a heck of a thing, weren't they?

Spoiler

-Malachite vs. Alexandrite and Melons was a damn good fight.

-When she feel into the cracks, I was kinda expecting Jasper to later show up near the cluster when Peri and Steven went underground.

-Why were the watermelons sacrificing others to Malachite in the first place. She only seemed to react to them when they were there

-I really want to see Lapis wake up on the couch or something when nobody else is there and have no fucking idea what she's even supposed to be doing

-Peridot feeling bad about leaving homeworld behind is sad, but was this place actually enjoyable to be on or not? I can't figure it out.

-Steven telling Peridot he loves her was cute

-Cluster souls brought back some FMAB vibes.

-It didn't feel rushed per say, but I'm not super happy with how quickly they conquered this thing for how long they prepared to fight it

-that said, it's still there.

IT'S STILL THERE

I̮̖̦̊̐̍́ͮͣ͠T҉͖͖̣̰̟̰͕'͉̰̎ͩͭ̉͜S̥̬͈͌ͨͧ ͍S̠̖̟̅̈́͒ͧ͂̅̚͞T̷͉̈́̂I̙͕̟͚͈͚̝̅͂̈̍͌͗̓L̲̿͝ͅL̔̔̌ ̯̹͙̫̰̹̏͌T̯͎ͫH̿̋͋̃ͤ̿҉̦̫͖̳̞̤̰E̳̬̼̭͇͉͆͌͂̽̚Ř̷̘̠̪̘̫ͭͯ̊͛ͩ̒Ẻ̋̿̃҉

Spoiler

I love how what could very well have been Steven's last words were a declaration of love for a friend. Easily the best moment of Gem Drill--mind you, I loved every minute of both these episodes, so that's saying something. A VERY close second was the moment with Peridot and Steven discussing peridotite, loved that genuine little smile she had there.

Also the Watermelon Steven society was hilarious and strangely adorable. I hope we see them again in the future.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy smokes that was AMAZING

The fight was awesome and the feels and the character interaction! The best part was Steven and Peridot's interaction, it was so CUUUUUTE

Also, REST IN PEACE JASPER

Preview for "Same Old World"

Spoiler

Why is this making me tear up

I didn't tear up at fucking Undertale or FMAB and this animation set to music is making me do it

• Thumbs Up 1