Awoo.

Rebecca Sugar's Steven Universe (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

AdventChild

So I caught up on the new episodes.

Part of me is really disappointed that for all the buildup they were giving the Cluster, it was sort of subdued in like five minutes.  Unless, of course, it returns later in this whole "In Too Deep" thing, which is what I'm hoping.  Still, it seemed like more buildup than payoff.  Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed both episodes.  The watermelon people are adorable and the interactions between Steven and Peridot were also adorable.  Oh and sometimes I forget that this show can have god tier music and the 8-bit tunes associated with the watermelon people are great!  The fight with Malachite was also very intense and very emotional.  I'm quite happy to see Lapis back and unharmed as far as we're aware.  She deserves a break.

Can't wait for more!!

Spoiler

-LAPIS ISN'T FUCKING LEAVING AGAIN

-ALSO THIS IS A FUCKING ADORABLE EPISODE

-ALSO SHE'S TOTALLY GONNA LIVE WITH PERIDOT

-ALSO HAHA FUCK YOU JERSEY

-ALSO SHE DID THE FART NOISE LIKE WHEN SHE WAS THE MIRROR

-ALSO SHE EXPLAINED HOW SHE GOT IN THE MIRROR

-ALSO I'M PRETTY SURE HOMEWORLD FUCKING NUKED THE EARTH

-ALSO SHE SMILED

-ALSO I'M PRETTY SURE THE GEM THAT POOFED HER IN THE FLASHBACK ISN'T ACTUALLY IMPORTANT LIKE A LOT OF r/stevenuniverse IS SAYING

It's nice to see Peridot so hyped up again about the previous incident. I mean her character development has improved a lot! And she's going to live in the Barn now so that's cool I guess?

And I was soooo happy to see my precious Water child again! Finally free! ^^ And we finally get an explaination on how she got in that mirror in the first place! I do feel bad for Lapis though... And she's staying here!!!

And then Peridot shows up and Lapis is freaked out. LOL things are gonna go to shiz in the next episode! 

So, apparently the next two episodes in the lineup were leaked on French TV somehow, but in English? I'm not sure how that works. Anyway, just a PSA that if you watch the leaks on kisscartoon or whatever be sure to also catch them when they air on TV so you're not stealing ratings

"Same Old World" was sooo cute!!!!  Lapis and Steven have a really adorable friendship, and learning more about Lapis' past was quite touching.  The animation was also beautifully smooth and dynamic, which (with nothing against the show's usual level of animation) is leagues above the show's standard quality.  Much cute, very touching.  Looking forward to more.

As for the leaked episodes, that's a rather strange way for the episodes to get leaked.  I have no idea how that could happen.  In any case, I'll just be waiting for them to air on TV.  At least to give me something to look forward to.  So I'd appreciate that even though this episodes are presumably available on some kind of online streaming site by now that we still use spoiler tags for them until a reasonable amount of time after they have aired on actual TV.

6 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

So, apparently the next two episodes in the lineup were leaked on French TV somehow, but in English? I'm not sure how that works. Anyway, just a PSA that if you watch the leaks on kisscartoon or whatever be sure to also catch them when they air on TV so you're not stealing ratings

They just aired the episodes earlier and...there is a way to change language dubs on your Television, if there is one of course. Someone might've just did that when putting them online.

So I watched the...I guess you could call them leaked episodes? And apparently there's ANOTHER new episode tomorrow? CN France what did you do you fools

Major spoilers, especially for the second episode which I just......have to gush over.

Spoiler

Barn Mates was really great. There's not too much for me to say except that I really liked it, it's pretty much the only way a Peridot and Lapis episode was going to go, and I like how it ended on a hopeful note for the two of them (I mean, before the Rubies appeared from the pod thing).

And that segues into HIT THE DIAMOND which, honestly, deserves those capital letters. The whole premise of a bunch of Rubies showing up is hilarious enough, but then Garnet defuses and our very own Ruby tries to infiltrate the group of Rubies. And THEN Steven challenges them to a baseball match, of all things, with all the gems (sans Peridot who is supposedly who the Ruby Squad are after) posing as humans. Without bothering to even shapeshift, but at least they got the outfits down. Anyway, there's just so many funny little moments and the premise is silly and it's just a really feel good episode that we probably kinda needed after the last four.

Also...Lapis is the best. I know, unpopular opinion, I'm a real maverick. But it's true.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just watched the new episodes with my family, here's my thoughts

Barn mates

Spoiler

-Quit being a bitch Lapis

-Oh Peridot did a cute thing

-Lapis that was mean quit it

-Oh Peridot is still cute

-Lapis everyone has to do shit they don't want to now quit that

-Oh Peridot that was so sweet, you've come so far

-What the fuck Lapis I was just talking about how much I liked you

-RIP tape recorder

-Oh shit a robot

-Oh shit it's not a robot

-THE LEAKS TWO MONTHS AGO DID NOT INFORM ME OF THIS

-WHAT THE FUCK IT'S A--

end of episode

Hit the Diamond

Spoiler

--BUNCH OF RUBIES!?

-oh my god they're cute

-oh that one is stupid, that's even cuter

-oh no they're all stupid this is going to be fun

-Ruby Prime, this is a terrible decision

-this is not the direction I was expecting this episode to take

-got daymn Ruby Prime is a bad liar

-That's why the people of this world, believe in, Sophie, Amy, Bob, and Earl, and STEVEN

-they could have called themselves anything and these new Rubies would have believed them probably

-Ruby Prime and Sapphire are fucking useless unfused

-y'know it would have made things more convoluted but if we just found a way to keep Garnet fused for all this we'd be in a much better situation

-this is too adorbs to watch I need a moment

-just kidding fuck you no I don't

-no it's okay they won

-OH SHIT THEY ALL FUSED

-OH SHIT THEY'RE FIVE TIMES AS HUGE

-oh no wait it's okay they're five times as stupid

-oh ok they're gone

-what are the diamonds even doing anymore

-do they not know the cluster didn't work

-do the crystal gems even have a reason not to tell them about Jasper

-it's not like they want her there themselves, afterall

-oop I guess they're leaving

-fuck, the eyeball guy is creepy

-*girl. I always forget that with Rubies

-they called the shy one "Nuby" that is glorious

-aren't they just going to come back when they can't find Jasper on neptune

5 hours ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

I just watched the new episodes with my family, here's my thoughts

Barn mates

Reveal hidden contents

-Quit being a bitch Lapis

-Oh Peridot did a cute thing

-Lapis that was mean quit it

-Oh Peridot is still cute

-Lapis everyone has to do shit they don't want to now quit that

-Oh Peridot that was so sweet, you've come so far

-What the fuck Lapis I was just talking about how much I liked you

-RIP tape recorder

-Oh shit a robot

-Oh shit it's not a robot

-THE LEAKS TWO MONTHS AGO DID NOT INFORM ME OF THIS

-WHAT THE FUCK IT'S A--

end of episode

Hit the Diamond

Reveal hidden contents

--BUNCH OF RUBIES!?

-oh my god they're cute

-oh that one is stupid, that's even cuter

-oh no they're all stupid this is going to be fun

-Ruby Prime, this is a terrible decision

-this is not the direction I was expecting this episode to take

-got daymn Ruby Prime is a bad liar

-That's why the people of this world, believe in, Sophie, Amy, Bob, and Earl, and STEVEN

-they could have called themselves anything and these new Rubies would have believed them probably

-Ruby Prime and Sapphire are fucking useless unfused

-y'know it would have made things more convoluted but if we just found a way to keep Garnet fused for all this we'd be in a much better situation

-this is too adorbs to watch I need a moment

-just kidding fuck you no I don't

-no it's okay they won

-OH SHIT THEY ALL FUSED

-OH SHIT THEY'RE FIVE TIMES AS HUGE

-oh no wait it's okay they're five times as stupid

-oh ok they're gone

-what are the diamonds even doing anymore

-do they not know the cluster didn't work

-do the crystal gems even have a reason not to tell them about Jasper

-it's not like they want her there themselves, afterall

-oop I guess they're leaving

-fuck, the eyeball guy is creepy

-*girl. I always forget that with Rubies

-they called the shy one "Nuby" that is glorious

-aren't they just going to come back when they can't find Jasper on neptune

Spoiler

Neptune is 3.9 times the size of earth, they're going to be hunting around for a while. Or maybe their ship will be crushed by the pressure on Neptune and the rubies will be stranded.  

And saphire's second strike was a ball. 

Just now, Phos said:
  Hide contents

Neptune is 3.9 times the size of earth, they're going to be hunting around for a while. Or maybe their ship will be crushed by the pressure on Neptune and the rubies will be stranded.  

And saphire's second strike was a ball. 

It was a strike, she still swung...unless there are more complicated B-ball rules.

7 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was a strike, she still swung...unless there are more complicated B-ball rules.

Spoiler

No I missremebered, a ball is when a pitch is outside the strike zone and you don't swing.

Is CN France having a Stevenbomb there or something? Because I just found another episode called Steven Floats.

OOH BOY HOWDY SPOILERS

Basically, Steven gets a new power, which causes him to control his jumping and falling. However, this episode is spent on him trying to fall faster and land safely.

• Pfffft Garnet stealing a phone from kiki
  • Wonder what happened to Lapis and Peridot? Didn't see them this time around...
  • Pffft nice throw Amythest.
  • Apparently this new power is tied to his emotions. If he's happy, his fall slows down. If he's sad or angry, he falls faster.
  • PFFT Steven Faceplanted

And yes I saw Hit the Diamond and Barn Mates through the sneak leaks. Ruby and Sapphire are sooo cuuuuuute. Lapis has been taking lessons from Garnet on casuality or something.

RUBIES. RUBIES EVERYWHERE Starring:

• Happy Ruby
  • Peridot Ruby
  • Dumb Ruby
  • Nick Ruby
  • Kung Fu Ruby

Heh I like giving names to these gems Hee.

[/spoilers]

Spoiler

I loved the episode in general, but I think one of the funniest bits was when Steven realized his new power was tied to his emotions, "JUST LIKE ALL MY OTHER STUPID POWERS." (Might be paraphrasing there, I watched the episode yesterday and don't see the need to rewatch it just to make sure I got the exact wording right.. XP) Also, Amethyst briefly dismissing Steven being able to fly as old news only to realize she was thinking about Lapis.

Also I'm glad Sadie was the first Beach City citizen we got to see again (and technically the only one so far if you don't count that imagination sequence).

9 minutes ago, Fusion Zebra said:

Hide contents
  • Wonder what happened to Lapis and Peridot? Didn't see them this time around...
Spoiler

Well, according to Barn Mates, Lapis and Peridot seem to be sticking to the barn (for now?). I do hope we see them in Beach City soon enough, but I feel like it doesn't have to be right away--it'll be nice to (presumably) focus on the "original" Gems for a bit.

I mean, as long as Lapis is happy-ish and safe I'm good, even if she's happy-ish and safe off-screen.

Spoiler

These last few episodes are meme/gif bait I swear lol. Especially with Lapis haha, she just became one of my favorites.

Lapis is too great in those two episode, its hard to hate her after that performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the leaked episode because I figured fuck it.

Barn Mates was a really enjoyable episode.  While Lapis is admittedly a little bit cold to Jasper (a lot), I don't find it hard to empathize with her, given the trouble she's had to go through.  That kind of torment would be enough to make anyone even the tiniest bit bitter.

Hit the Diamond was a really funny episode.  I find it absolutely adorable that Ruby and Sapphire are so in love with each other that they're actually a detriment when unfused.  It's admittedly one of those things that's adorable on TV, but would drive me crazy in real life.

Steven Floats was kind of weird, because even though they do end on a positive note in the previous episode, I feel like they didn't really sufficiently wrap up Lapis and Peridot's arc.  Still, it's nice to be back in Beach City and reunite with some familiar characters.  It's pretty exciting seeing Steven obtain a new power, too!  I look forward to seeing how he learns to master and how he will put it to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

New promo!

Spoiler

STEVONNIE!! ❤??

Also happy Lapis...we'll be seeing Greg and Connie again...PEARL IN A SUIT.....

Apparently, we're getting new episodes EVERY WEEKDAY throughout Summer. Yes, really.

First week episode lineup:

Spoiler

Mon Jul 18th - 7:00 PM (EST) - 306 - Steven Floats

Tue Jul 19th - 7:00 PM (EST) - 307 - Too Short to Ride

Wed Jul 20th - 7:00 PM (EST) - 308 - Drop Beat Dad

Thu Jul 21st - 7:00 PM (EST) - 309 - Mr. Greg

Fri Jul 22nd - 7:00 PM (EST) -310 - The New Lars

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 3

This is looking to be fun so far! And look at Lapis! So happy! 

(Typed on phone)

So, Entertainment Weekly just dropped a bombshell out of nowhere. We're talking a literal game-changer (MAJOR spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler

A new member of the Crystal Gems, Bismuth.

She will debut in a double-length, 22-minute special, aptly named "Bismuth."

They also revealed a preview of "Mr. Greg," which will apparently be a musical episode:

Spoiler

This "Summer Adventures" event could not be more hype. Things are gonna get real.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's nice to see Lapis in some happy adventures!  She definitely deserves it!

I'm going to avoid the spoiled bombshell contents for now.

DANGIT SPOILERS.

I love how Pearl's just confused in that second video though.

• 2 weeks later...